Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 21st, 2007, 04:15 PM

Scud-O has disabled reputation
Updated again!

*Reworded FOCUS ability (thanks to hi1h1h1h1)
*Reworded CLEARCUT ability (thanks to hi1h1h1h1)
*Reworded TUNNEL RAT ability (thanks to hi1h1h1h1)
Old July 21st, 2007, 06:03 PM

Updated again!

*Added WOOD GOLEMS
Old July 21st, 2007, 07:43 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker
Your cards look great. I just have one question, is there a reason you made them unique instead of common?
Old June 3rd, 2019, 10:31 PM

Re: Scud-O's Custom Units and Army Cards

Newest stuff in first post!

Last edited by Scud-O; June 4th, 2019 at 06:38 AM.
Old June 4th, 2019, 05:28 PM

Re: Scud-O's Custom Units and Army Cards (Updated 6/4/2019)

And AGAIN with the new stuff! See the first post!

The Wizard King (Unique Hero)
Thralls of the Wizard King (Common Squad)
The One True Throne (Destructible/Interactive Object)
Old June 5th, 2019, 12:10 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Its great to see Scapers new and old around here! I’m glad you are spending quality time with your son too! Let’s see what the NextGens are about.

NextGen Strikers:
4 man ranged squads are always powerful, and these guys will be no exception. I like Elusive! Although personally I would cut the bonus on Skirmish to +1. The more attack dice a unit can throw, the more dangerous it is. With that change, 75 points seems reasonable. Without it, maybe 85 points? I’d also change the class to Strikers, since it seems like that’s a more fitting class with multiple NextGen units here.

NextGen Artillery:
I like the idea of units tossing 5 dice each, and these guys’s guns look impressive enough to do it. While I’m not sure how effective pushing figures around with attack dice is, it could be a neat mechanic.

NG14 Valkyrie:
This is a solid hero! You are right in that it seems she might be too good for her points. I’d try her at the 120-130 range.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 5th, 2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
A bunch of really friendly, helpful stuff!
Thanks so much for taking the time to look at these. I think, since the Strikers are my son's favorite, I'll just up the points and leave the ability (he's really only running roughshod over me right now), but I do agree with you, +1 die would be more in line with their current point value.

In the couple of plays we've had with the Artillery it's never seemed useful enough to trigger their "High-Impact" ability. What would you think about not trading wounds for push but rather push a single hex if the defending figure suffers any number of wounds?

And, yeah, I'm going to revise NG14 Valkyrie's points—I finally got her figure printed so we'll give her a spin tomorrow (it's the last day of school and we both get out early!) and report back.
Old June 5th, 2019, 10:04 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Edit: Forgot you asked about the Artillery...

I’d suggest trying out something like Shurrak’s Knockback. If they don’t kill the target, they can still push them around, helpful for getting squad figures locked into engagement with Valkyrie or later NextGen models.

Round 2! Fight!

Thralls of the Wizard King
They pretty much look like Greenscales without the Bonding. Is Way of the Blade supposed to grant +1 Attack die for each additional Thrall or could you simply receive +1 attack if only 1 Thrall is engaged to the target. Either way, these guys are grossly overpriced, I’d say scale the points back to 60-70. Nice reuse of Phantom Walk!

The Wizard King
Magic Counters that let him fuel his powers, and his life? Neat! Unfortunately, he really needs a bit more juice to help him fill his points. Personally, I’d suggest upping his Life, Move, and Defense. Maybe 4/4/2 L/M/D? As is, an opponent can easily kill your magic counters. any thing with at least 4 attacks per turn will easy rip through his battlefield value, and because he is slow he’ll likely have to eat all attacks first. If you want to keep the stats, maybe drop him down to 120 points.

The One True Throne
This is a really handy Destructible Object for Wizards, including the Wizard King himself. I’m looking forward to the pictures of it!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 6th, 2019, 01:25 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Did you make those card templates yourself? They have a real cool clean aesthetic.
Old June 6th, 2019, 01:28 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Neat customs you made on this thread.
Old June 6th, 2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Even more useful stuff!
I am RUBBISH at costing Common Squads. It may be because I am kind of rubbish at USING common squads...

The idea is for each additional Thrall to add +1, to a max. of +3, which encourages you to run more than one squad (since you'd top out at +2 with only one squad). I wanted to put a Bonding power on them, but the card was already so crowded. I'll see what I can do about that. If there WAS a Bonding effect, would they come closer to their current cost, d'you think?

I'm going to try your numbers for The Wizard King when we play today and see how he feels. I was pretty sure he was going to be glass with the straight 1s but I was interested in TRYING to make it work.

Thanks again!
Old June 6th, 2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Did you make those card templates yourself? They have a real cool clean aesthetic.
Thanks! I did—I do a bunch of very basic Illustrator stuff at work (creating signage as well as creating/preparing/doctoring .svg files for last cutting) so I whipped these up to make everything a little quicker. I'd be happy to share them, but you need Illustrator to use them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards