Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 9th, 2017, 07:40 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Spellbook of Mesmerize

Oh, that is pretty cool japes. Nice.
Old August 9th, 2017, 09:20 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I'll be honest, I'm not so much a fan of the new one. The single eye seems a little odd to me seeing it on the card, and it feels less - Mesmerising than I expected, and less so than the first one. He just looks like a creepy old man with a weird eye, to me. I genuinely preferred the original!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 9th, 2017, 09:42 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I'll be honest, I'm not so much a fan of the new one. The single eye seems a little odd to me seeing it on the card, and it feels less - Mesmerising than I expected, and less so than the first one. He just looks like a creepy old man with a weird eye, to me. I genuinely preferred the original!
There wasn't enough space in the image to get both eyes in. If someone finds the image with more material on the right side I can rework it, otherwise I can go back to the original.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 10th, 2017, 12:08 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
There wasn't enough space in the image to get both eyes in. If someone finds the image with more material on the right side I can rework it, otherwise I can go back to the original.
Not quite what I was meaning.

As for getting both eyes in, it's not a difficult image you could take about an inch from the left side of the picture, shrink it a little, lighten it & add it to the left side. The below should give you an idea of what I mean. That was done with MS Paint at work (in about 60 seconds) so I couldn't do a proper job. I couldn't even lighten it . But you can see where I was going.

For the spiral, I meant it to be coming from the eyes not in the eyes. So overlayed on the face.

Old August 10th, 2017, 06:39 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Honestly, I'm still actually really happy with the original one.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 14th, 2017, 12:56 PM
Hard as ice

@japes , @A3n , any idea what we're going with here? Personally, I'd like to go back to the old Mordo image, but I'm not sure what we're doing.

~Lazy Orang, noting that, once the art for this, Enchant and the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak is sorted, we can finally release the spell set!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 14th, 2017, 02:33 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Oh, that is pretty cool japes. Nice.
I second this! I think it looks pretty sweet.
Old August 14th, 2017, 07:37 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
@japes , @A3n , any idea what we're going with here? Personally, I'd like to go back to the old Mordo image, but I'm not sure what we're doing.

~Lazy Orang, noting that, once the art for this, Enchant and the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak is sorted, we can finally release the spell set!
I'm leaning towards LD's choice and going back to original

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 14th, 2017, 11:13 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

I still don't like the original. A). it was clearly Mordo. B). it didn't convey mesmerising.
Old August 15th, 2017, 05:15 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I still don't like the original. A). it was clearly Mordo. B). it didn't convey mesmerising.
1) I quite like it being Mordo - the spell was designed for him and I appreciate the thematic tie, and 2) the present one feels much less mesmerising to me - it just looks like a creepy old guy with a weird eye.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 15th, 2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1) I quite like it being Mordo - the spell was designed for him and I appreciate the thematic tie, and 2) the present one feels much less mesmerising to me - it just looks like a creepy old guy with a weird eye.
1) It's supposed to be generic not thematically tied to any character. If it was that important for the character then it should be on his card. 2) in it's current state I can't disagree that it looks like a creepy old guy with a weird eye. But the Mordo one just looks like he has gas coming out of his eye.

A couple of other options:

Focusing on the left guy & the woman only.

Focusing on the man only. But you will need to reduce the colour palette a little to make it more like a comic/drawing.
Old August 15th, 2017, 08:57 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1) It's supposed to be generic not thematically tied to any character. If it was that important for the character then it should be on his card. 2) in it's current state I can't disagree that it looks like a creepy old guy with a weird eye. But the Mordo one just looks like he has gas coming out of his eye.

A couple of other options:

Focusing on the left guy & the woman only.
Now that one looks cool and worth a try.

~Lazy Orang, not entirely buying that spells necessarily need to be generic and not thematically tied to any character - Crimson Bands are tied to Strange, Hellfire spells are tied to Daimon, Enchant is tied to Enchantress etc. - while other people can cast them, it's clear where the main thematic and mechanical tie is. It's a similar deal with Hypnotise and Mesmerise being tied to Mordo (who's apparently a big System of a Down fan. )

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library