Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 3rd, 2022, 12:30 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

In two days there are ~1400 pledges. Let's assume we get a similar bump on the back end for a total of ~2800 from the initial and final peaks. That would mean we need to get about 5200 pledges divided by 40 days between peaks = 130 pledges per day on average. Those numbers don't have me optimistic that this will fund. I actually think we're going to end up pretty far short. It really hurts to say it, but I think that is the reality unless something changes.

I heard someone mention that they would try to get Tom Vassel to cover it in one of his Crowdfunding YouTube videos. Tom is arguably the most influential individual in the boardgame media. And don't forget that Heroscape used to be Tom's #1 ranked game. If he spoke favorably of the reboot, I think that could help give this thing some momentum in the community.

Last edited by Tiamat; October 4th, 2022 at 08:48 AM.
Old October 3rd, 2022, 05:08 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Like many others have already said, the all or nothing $250 pledge prevents any casual interest. I think it’s a great value, but they said early on to reference the HeroQuest campaign for an idea of what the HeroScape campaign would look like.

That campaign offered two tiers. A close to retail priced tier with some bonus content and an all in tier with expansions and even more exclusives. That campaign was very successful, nearly reaching all the planned stretch goals.

I’m afraid they’re pricing a lot of backers out by not having a scaled down entry point. Even people who already have scape collections and want to support the game returning but either don’t have the $250 fun money to spend or who don’t really want to add this much to their collection.

I do think the numbers could grow significantly if they can offer international shipping (although that cost will probably prohibit interested pledgers too) and if they start previewing some army cards to generate excitement for the new units, many of which are completely unfamiliar currently.
Old October 3rd, 2022, 05:39 PM

randum is surprisingly tart

I can understand why they didn't put it on Kickstarter, since the cost would then increase for us to buy it. Unfortunately though, it won't get nearly as many backers. I also understand that painting costs $$$, but it will also deter A LOT of people. I'll try to be hopeful...
Old October 3rd, 2022, 05:50 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Not offering lower tiers or reduced options as add ons limits not just initial purchases but also add ons. If someone could get just the terrain for $130 and they didn’t want any minis, or only one set of minis because they’re unique, it’s much easier to add on extras. They could have also offered some commons as add ons that people would’ve been more interested in buying in multiples. Did the Dragon Lady set up the campaign? I was told she was gone.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 3rd, 2022, 06:06 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Not offering lower tiers or reduced options as add ons limits not just initial purchases but also add ons. If someone could get just the terrain for $130 and they didn’t want any minis, or only one set of minis because they’re unique, it’s much easier to add on extras. They could have also offered some commons as add ons that people would’ve been more interested in buying in multiples. Did the Dragon Lady set up the campaign? I was told she was gone.
There does seem to be a lot of goofiness in the way this whole campaign was done.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old October 3rd, 2022, 06:06 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
This does seem like the simplest option. Have two boxes. A terrain box and a minis box. Get one or the other without exclusives or stretch goals or get both with everything.

The only reason I can think they would have not to do this would be if they fear artificial interest in the campaign by selling a lot of terrain to non-scapers who aren’t interested in the units for their games. I could see that causing some issues for planning future retail releases and not knowing the true audience, but they’d still have an idea right away how much terrain sold vs the minis and the all-in.
Old October 3rd, 2022, 06:15 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I agree with this, I'd rather someone contribute a small portion than nothing at all. Even if a smaller set was added as an option, I'd still be getting the all in option myself, and then we'd see other people finally trickling in who wouldn't otherwise.
Old October 3rd, 2022, 06:41 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
In two days there are ~1400 pledges. Let's assume we get a similar bump on the back end for a total of ~2800 from the initial and final peaks. That would mean we need to get about 5200 pledges divided by 40 days between peaks = 130 pledges per day on average. Those numbers don't have me optimistic that this will fund. I actually think we're going to end up pretty far short. It really hurts to say it, but I think that is the reality unless something changes.

I heard someone mention that they would try to get Tom Vessel to cover it in one of his Crowdfunding YouTube videos. Tom is arguably the most influential individual in the boardgame media. And don't forget that Horoscope used to Tom's #1 ranked game. If he spoke favorably of the reboot, I think that could help give this thing some momentum in the community.
Yes, as things stand this will not fund. It will take a massive upswing from content creators for that to happen.
Old October 3rd, 2022, 06:41 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think the best thing we can do is each try to recommend the game to 3-5 boardgame people who aren't necessarily heroscapers
Old October 3rd, 2022, 06:45 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd be spending more money if I had an option to do so without committing another $250 to get a third set with extra unique i don't need
Old October 3rd, 2022, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
I'd be spending more money if I had an option to do so without committing another $250 to get a third set with extra unique i don't need
Yeah a terrain option would have really helped. Or just like $60/faction - like a bad deal comparatively but a lower buy in
Old October 3rd, 2022, 07:17 PM

randum is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
I think the best thing we can do is each try to recommend the game to 3-5 boardgame people who aren't necessarily heroscapers

The downside to this is they know you're going to buy it, so why would they? But yea, I'm going to do that anyway for non-local friends. I've already recommended it to my friends who I use to play with all the time, before I gave my whole set away to a friend a long time ago.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion