Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old January 11th, 2023, 09:24 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: VirtualScape 1.070 available

I would say go to the folder where VirtualScape is installed and search for nothing but:

.ini

I think only one file will come up (I don't remember the exact name; I'm on my phone right now).

Then just post the contents of that file here

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 12th, 2023, 06:29 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
What exactly should I be searching my computer for, Virtualscape.ini ? Then what?
Mine's called "VirtualScape.ini" FWIW, though it's an older download. But I doubt that particular file would have changed.

Mine's 383 lines long. The only thing I see about language is this line in the "[Game]" section:
Code:
GameLanguage=Francais, English
Dunno if that helps, but that's what I got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old January 12th, 2023, 05:50 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Okay, this is what I get when opening up Virtualscape.ini

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Sherman Davies; January 13th, 2023 at 06:37 PM.
Old January 12th, 2023, 06:04 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

What happens if you shut down VS, replace
Code:
with
Code:
GameLanguage=English
and restart VS?

--
--
--

--
Old January 12th, 2023, 06:06 PM

I'm also curious if deleting these sections entirely
Code:
[Shadowing]
DisplayShadow=1
Quality=3
Contrast=6
[Photo]
Quality=5
Luminosity=21
DepthField=0
DepthFieldAperture=8
DepthFieldDistance=40
DepthFieldQuality=3
[3D]
DisplayTable=1
BackgroundColor=16744576
TextureType=0
AlternativeMove=0
AnaglyphiqueMode=2
[2D]
BackgroundColor=16777215
Unit=0
Code:
[Video]
FrameCount=3000
FileName=D:\Test
HighQuality=1
FirstFrame=1
LastFrame=3000
would fix your rendering issues. That's a total shot in the dark, though.

--
--
--

--
Old January 12th, 2023, 06:11 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
What happens if you shut down VS, replace
Code:
with
Code:
GameLanguage=English
and restart VS?
If I'm making this change in Notepad, do I save the change and then open VS?
Old January 12th, 2023, 06:24 PM

Quote:
If I'm making this change in Notepad, do I save the change and then open VS?
Yes, you would need to save any changes before opening VS.

--
--
--

--
Old January 12th, 2023, 07:00 PM

Okay, I saved the change, restarted my computer and opened VS, but it's still in French. Thanks for trying.
Old January 13th, 2023, 04:37 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Okay, I saved the change, restarted my computer and opened VS, but it's still in French. Thanks for trying.
How are you opening the VS system up? I've noticed before that if I try to open it from Pinned Taskbar or Desktop it comes up as French. But if I pull it up from inside the Folder itself it's not French.
Old January 13th, 2023, 05:56 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
How are you opening the VS system up? I've noticed before that if I try to open it from Pinned Taskbar or Desktop it comes up as French. But if I pull it up from inside the Folder itself it's not French.
I was going to suggest that as well. If I open it straight from the downloaded folder it works fine. It I move and open it it it's always in French.
Old January 13th, 2023, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I was going to suggest that as well. If I open it straight from the downloaded folder it works fine. It I move and open it it it's always in French.
Whaddya know, that works. Merci beaucoup!
Old January 13th, 2023, 08:20 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Whaddya know, that works. Merci beaucoup!
Excellent!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software