Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old May 5th, 2019, 09:33 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [AotV] Arena of the Valkyrie: New Master Set (Main Threa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyver View Post
So from what I'm understanding, the intention behind this project is to make a Heroscape set using the AotP figures and components, but leaving out the Magic: the Gathering theme? The OP was a little unclear as to whether the MTG theme would remain or whether the heroes and squads would be renamed/rethemed.

If the set is completely rethemed, does this also mean that the Spell cards, etc. will be unused? I'm not saying it should be done one way or another, I'm just trying to gain a better understanding of the project. I believe the OP is in referring to a complete retheme, but I could see an MTG-themed Heroscape set, similar to how the Underdark set was D&D themed.
The plan is to go with a retheme instead of adapting established MTG lore. Everything from the cryptoliths to the sculpts is intended to be themed to better fit in with the HeroScape canon.

As a result (and also because we are not looking to add new rules to the game; we're just trying to create a great introduction for people to get into classic HeroScape and the customs community), the Spell cards and other Arena of the Planeswalkers-specific rules are not planned to be used.
Old May 5th, 2019, 09:35 PM

Skyver knows what's in an order marker Skyver knows what's in an order marker

Cool, thanks for the clarifications. I would prefer to have kept the MTG theme personally, but I understand the intention behind the project. think it's a good concept, especially for people who don't have access to the original Master sets and want to get into HeroScape.

Best of luck!

Last edited by Skyver; May 6th, 2019 at 02:27 PM.
Old May 6th, 2019, 11:40 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Excited for this. Yes the only new rules would be any special powers we come up with, Cryptolith rules (can be same as Magic:AotP or different) and possibly Quick-Sand rules.

I would also be willing to contribute to card designs (Name, them, stats, powers, points). Maybe we can have some of our Louisville tournaments allow any WIP cards to playtest. I might be able to playtest at home games though, we'll see, but that would be the limiting factor in me really being able to assist.

Also personally I would love to see some of the units be common/uncommon, as the sets (especially first one which is $15 on Amazon/eBay) are so cheap comparably to other sources for Heroscape customs that 2 or 3 sets would not be that hard to do for most people. Maybe 1/3 of the heroes be uncommon and 1/2 the squads be common (more or all of these come from 1st set), but we will see how it shakes down.
Old May 6th, 2019, 01:18 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Our current plan is to make most everything unique. I think there’s room for some uncommon/common heroes, but we don’t want to force people to buy multiple sets and have multiples of uniques just to get more commons.
Old May 6th, 2019, 02:20 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

The BtfU set sucked when you think about it, purchasing multiples of the box just for more crappy commons. Unlike a regular HS Master Set that you’d probably buy for extra terrain anyway, most folks probably won’t care enough about the meager amount of terrain in this box. Plus, the 4-man squad (Restless Zombies + Ghoul Vanguard) in the set uses figures from two boxes.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 6th, 2019, 04:41 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Excellent!

I hope I can contribute somehow. I'm excited to see this get off the ground.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 6th, 2019, 07:10 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

We greatly appreciate the enthusiasm and the questions! I have updated the OP with a couple notes at the bottom linking to answers.

@lefton4ya , we will not be making Un/Common units, as this should be an easy in for players old and new. However, we will need playtesters!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 7th, 2019, 12:25 AM

Leo Ultra is surprisingly tart

Count me in for playtesting! Sometimes! Occasionally! I hope! And pray!

I have always wanted to see something be done with the 3D tiles. Glad to see that quicksand is on peoples' minds.
Are there any plans to make use of the cardboard mats and LOS blocker ruins?

I wish you high rolls, fair winds, and following seas.
I am a proud member of Platyfly!, a sketch comedy YouTube channel dedicated to giving Platypi the Flying Special Power!
Old May 7th, 2019, 12:30 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Ultra View Post

I have always wanted to see something be done with the 3D tiles. Glad to see that quicksand is on peoples' minds.
Yes to the cardboard mats for sure, and I believe yes to the cardboard ruins as well. The plan is to eventually offer a set of scenarios using just the Arena of the Valkyrie Master Set to fully recreate the standalone nature of Rise of the Valkyrie.

However, because full battlefields are such a great feature of HeroScape, we also intend to design some scenarios mixing the AotP tiles with classic HeroScape terrain. This should give people a sense of direction in building their collection further (along with more options for people with limited terrain counts), giving them plenty of options for getting further into the game.
Old May 11th, 2019, 10:14 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Glad to have you, @Leo Ultra !

Things continue to move forward with Pod 0 setting the example for a central thread and a unit thread.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 12th, 2019, 02:02 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Ultra View Post

Yes to the cardboard mats for sure, and I believe yes to the cardboard ruins as well. The plan is to eventually offer a set of scenarios using just the Arena of the Valkyrie Master Set to fully recreate the standalone nature of Rise of the Valkyrie.

However, because full battlefields are such a great feature of HeroScape, we also intend to design some scenarios mixing the AotP tiles with classic HeroScape terrain. This should give people a sense of direction in building their collection further (along with more options for people with limited terrain counts), giving them plenty of options for getting further into the game.
Just now remembering to reply here, I’ve done some battlefield designs that I still need to fine tune and the AotP ruins are DEFINATELY being used, and will likely be used in some, if not all, of the battlefields with regular terrain as well. They can actually sit alright on normal hexes, and sit comfortably on water sized hexes.

And of course, if anyone wants to help design maps and scenarios please say so! I’m pretty much leading that charge anyways so as I get to it, I’ll probably make special threads/pod once the regular units are pretty well along to handle it.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 12th, 2019, 02:09 AM

That's good to hear about the ruins fitting in well on normal terrain. It certainly will open up more options for when we use sets like Swarm of the Marro, which don't have many line of sight blockers.

I intend to help on scenario design once a good number of the units are settled and we have an idea for what the overall story of the Master Set will be.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs