Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 4th, 2013, 10:56 PM

Huskies16 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Northwest Heroscape Customs - new figures 9/29/2013

Good Work NWHC!
Old October 6th, 2013, 12:39 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Northwest Heroscape Customs - new figures 10/6/2013

Uvall, Lord and Demon, and a common squad of terrifying Bloodhunter Harpies have been added to OP.

Thank you for your feedback.

Last edited by Nomad; October 13th, 2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old October 6th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool designs! You should probably change the name of Blood Frenzy though since the Sahuagin Raider already uses that power name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 6th, 2013, 12:58 PM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!

One question : Which power triggers first ? Is it Blood Frenzy (or whatever new name you use, I suggest Blood Madness, Blood Fever) or is it Uvall's Demonic Exchange ?

Cause if it's Uvall's power, that could create something really cool ! If he destroys a figure, he can call an harpy with Demonic Exchange, which can move adjacent to an ennemy figure thanks to Blood X. And then that harpy can play a turn thanks to Lord of Terror.

Pretty powerful, but really cool !

And as always, great customs. Your cards have a special feel, I don't really know what but you have one of the best customs I've ever seen. Incredible.
Old October 7th, 2013, 12:56 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simval View Post
One question : Which power triggers first ? Is it Blood Frenzy (or whatever new name you use, I suggest Blood Madness, Blood Fever) or is it Uvall's Demonic Exchange ?
Uvall and the Harpies will lead to some Timing questions. We had a several different versions of the Harpies for play-testing but here's the intent:

Uvall and the Harpies are on the battlefield:

OM revealed on Uvall. He attacks and destroys a figure:

First - if the destroyed figure was within 8 spaces of an unengaged Harpy, move that Harpy with Blood Frenzy. Note Harpies only get Blood Frenzy when a figure is destroyed by an attack. You can't have Braxas destroy figures with Acid Breath and activate Blood Frenzy.

Second - After attacking, since Uvall destroyed a figure he can roll for Demonic Exchange. If he succeeds you can bring back a previously destroyed Harpy (or other demon squad figure).

Third - after taking a turn with Uvall, you may take a turn with a squad of Harpies. This could include a Harpy that was just summoned with Demonic Exchange.

Following this time - Uvall does not get to do Demonic Exchange before using a Harpy's Blood Frenzy.
Old October 7th, 2013, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Cool designs! You should probably change the name of Blood Frenzy though since the Sahuagin Raider already uses that power name.

DOH! Crap, okay we'll need a new name for it. Sorry about that.
Old October 13th, 2013, 11:58 AM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Northwest Heroscape Customs - new figures 10/13/2013

Two new unique heroes are in the OP. Richter and Gammacron have been summoned.

We appreciate any and all feedback.

Last edited by Nomad; October 13th, 2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old October 14th, 2013, 08:07 PM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!

Two cool units.

Richter bonds with the Capuan Gladiators and may benefit from Spartacus' (though he's too pricey to field both of them) and Priscus' boost. Was this planned ? I don't feel it would be a problem for the boost, but him bonding is pretty impressive.

3 attacks from the Capuan Gladiators and then multiple attacks from Shockwave or from Lightning Hammer with a little luck. Powerful ! Which army did you use to test him ? I can imagine :

Richter - 180
Capuan x3 - 420
Raelin - 500

For 500-points format Richter is a little bit too pricey though, in big games, him, Capuans and Spartacus would do a lot of damage.

Concerning Gammacron now... I really like him ! He feels like a Repulsor on steroids. Really cool design, he's useful against every ranged figures and helps the Snipers. Won't be used with Omegacron though, so I'm curious about your armies for testing that guy too.

Nice cards !
Old October 14th, 2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simval View Post
Two cool units.

Richter bonds with the Capuan Gladiators and may benefit from Spartacus' (though he's too pricey to field both of them) and Priscus' boost. Was this planned ? I don't feel it would be a problem for the boost, but him bonding is pretty impressive.

3 attacks from the Capuan Gladiators and then multiple attacks from Shockwave or from Lightning Hammer with a little luck. Powerful ! Which army did you use to test him ? I can imagine :

Richter - 180
Capuan x3 - 420
Raelin - 500

For 500-points format Richter is a little bit too pricey though, in big games, him, Capuans and Spartacus would do a lot of damage.
Thanks for the questions!

My play-tests with Richter were mostly as a solo, Unique Hero plugged into armies that needed special attacks. I thought of him initially like Major Q-10. In some of those tests he fell to range pretty quickly actually because of poor defense rolls. When he gets on a roll and is positioned well for 'Shockwave' he can be super-tough. He takes a little finesse to maximize his specials and bionic leap.

He is pretty powerful with the Capuan Bonding, but he is priced to be in line with Nilfheim. Nilfheim can be awesome as a stand-alone hero with multiple special attacks and high mobility. Nilf can benefit from a Greenscale Screen with bonding too.

We looked at this comparison for point cost:

Nilfheim ... 185
Greenscales x3 ... 180
= 365

Richter ... 180
Capuans x3 .. 210
= 390

These are almost equivalent armies, in my mind. Nilf is stronger, since he can get in 3 attacks of 4. The Greenscales are 6 Move, 3 Attack, 4 Defense if they are within the Lizard King aura. Seems pretty close.

Richter would be bonding with a higher cost squad so they balance out until you get into those 600+ point games when Spartacus might be out as well. Nomad totally routed me in one 700-point game with Spartacus + Richter + Capuans. He crushed a MicroCorp Agents + Agent Skahen army.

This is another army match up that Nomad ran:

Units:

Army 1: Richter, Priscus (or Crixus), Capuans x3 = 490 points

VS

Army 2: Tor-Kul-Na, Stingers x3, Nagrubs x3 = 490 points

In this match, the Marro won out .. and the question was would you want Crixus + Retarius over just Richter.

--
Without the bonding we were thinking Richter played around 150-points.

He's certainly fun, and I love the sculpt .. and you can get him on eBay for around $3-4.

Pic:
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 14th, 2013, 08:50 PM

I gave Richter quite a few play tests. He is a challenge to learn to play well to get his points worth. You can't really charge in with him or sit back and shoot from range - positioning is key to be able to leap in and decimate opponents. After I got the hang of how to play him, he became a very fun figure.

My son and I tend to play larger battles. Capuans x4, Spartacus, Retarius, Crixus, Priscus, and Richter for 940 points is my dream army.
Old October 14th, 2013, 10:05 PM

A very complete figure indeed, but his high cost combined with ''only'' 5 lives is his weakness, if I understand correctly...

He can be a great replacement for Q9 too ! If you're tired of fielding the Iron Giant in your swarming squad armies (way too much Q9 in tournaments, I'm tired of him), why not field the Steel Warrior ?

I'm beginning to like him a lot !

And what about Gammacron ?
Old October 15th, 2013, 12:20 AM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!

Gammacron is nothing to sneeze at. It can play a foul with special and normal range attackers, can break up pods, but other than that a swayey 80 point figure. Playtested with Vulcanmech's, Omnicron snipers and repulsors, Zetacron, blastatrons, and Omegacron. In 1 lucky game Gammacron took out Nilfiem in 3 defensive dice rolls. Generally, nothing much more than a different option to the repulsors with a little bit, but I enjoy the options.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards