Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old January 2nd, 2011, 11:14 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!
Re: 200 Point Army Challenge

I still stand by my army.

EDIT: Whoops, my army (Leigonnariesx3 and MBS) wasn't in this thread.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...

Last edited by Kaiser Cat; January 3rd, 2011 at 07:22 AM.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 11:27 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Here's a pretty strong one:

4th x2
Sam Brown

Sam actually has a chance at getting an OM in this army. Played correctly, it could potentially beat the Krug/Arrow Grut armies.
Old June 1st, 2012, 12:55 AM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!

Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (80 P)
Gladiatrons (80 P)
Deathreavers (40 P)

You would be surprised.
Old June 4th, 2012, 12:01 PM

ELDOI123 Woo who?

Here's one that I like.

Syvarris - 100
Theracus - 140
Isamu - 150
Marro Warriors - 200

I'm a big fan of Syvarris, and I almost always put him with Theracus so that he can be carried to height advantage in round 1. Then he just dominates the board. If anyone does get through, or if Syvarris dies, the Marro Warriors can just keep coming back and they should be able to finish the job. And Isamu, well he's only 10 points, and ever since he killed Mimring and Nilfheim single-handedly in one game for me, I put him in every army I can. I think he can find a way to be useful.
Old June 4th, 2012, 01:41 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Krav- 100
rats x2- 180
Isamu- 190
Otinashi- 200

Pretty self-explanitory.
Old June 4th, 2012, 04:20 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

Axegrinders x2
Darrak Ambershard

Use Dwarven Strategic Bonding to get Axegrinders to height quickly. Once height is achieved and the extra movement is unnecessary, bring in Darrak as a fifth attack.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old September 29th, 2014, 03:58 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Someone already put down the Elite Onyx Vipers + Krav idea, which was the first one I jumped to. Probably THE optimal 200 point army if we follow the 2x common squad limit, followed by the Krav, Raelin, Marcu army. We could also go for 2x Snipers or 2x Microcorp.

I'm going to go for a creative strategy.

Major X17 - 100
Theracus - 140
Marro Warriors - 190
Isamu - 200

Theracus drops X17 right on top of your 200 point army, Marro Warriors and Isamu help once everything is locked down. If your opponent spent the bulk of his points on one big hero, this will counter that.

If your opponent spent his points on moderate cost units that he can have a moderate amount of (unique squads like the Krav or the Onyx Vipers and Raelin or something), you will hopefully be able to take out at least one or 2 of them with Theracus and/or X17, then follow up with the Marro Warriors. Seems like a soft counter to this type of army.

Where I see this army running into trouble would be against something like:

Redcoats x2 - 150
Marro Warriors - 50

where your opponent can just swamp X17 with the sheer volume of units and attacks per turn he has. The hope is that your opponent would group his units together enough so you could engage a bunch of them at once with Theracus and X17 and damage sponge with them while the Marro Warriors attempt to do their thing.

Dund would be more viable in these sorts of games too. Anyone? No one wants to pick Dund? Ok.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Last edited by ParaGoomba Slayer; September 29th, 2014 at 04:33 AM.
Old September 30th, 2014, 11:01 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

I have only one word for such a challenge- Spartacus .
Old October 1st, 2014, 12:08 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

120 Stingers x 2
80 Raelin

140 Phantom Knights x 2
60 ZetCron

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion