Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Notices

Old January 30th, 2021, 06:15 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
HoME Development : Stage 1 - Rough Draft Cards

HoME membership has decided to modify the development process to move away from "fellowships" (group work developing cards) to letting individuals work on their own during the rough draft period of card development.

This thread exists to track all cards currently in the rough draft stage. This OP will be updated to reflect those cards, as well as who (if anyone) has claimed that card to develop.

Stage 1 / Rough Draft involves the following:
  • An individual member claims an unclaimed card by posting on this thread. I will then update the OP with card ownership.
  • When you have an initial version of the card that you are ready to publish for feedback, create a new thread title "[Card Name] - Rough Draft" and post a link to that thread on this thread so that members know the new thread exists.
  • Cards will be moved out stage 1 into stage 2 (group testing) once all cards in the given group are finished with stage 1. Initially, all cards from MS1 are in stage 1 together.
  • Try not to claim more cards than you have the time to actively work on. If you claim more than you have time for, it blocks someone else who may have time from working on it.
  • Try to claim cards that are related / will have power that work together in some way at the same time

Current Stage 1 Cards:
Gandalf [Jandar]
Aragorn [Jandar][Claimed: TheAverageFan]
Legolas [Ullar][Claimed: TheAverageFan]
Gimli [Aquilla][Claimed: TheAverageFan]
Boromir [Jandar][Claimed: TheAverageFan]
Frodo [Vydar]
Sam [Ullar]
Merry [Einar] [Claimed: Shiftrex]
Pippin [Gondor] [Claimed: Shiftrex]

Elrond [Ullar]
Nazgul (no fell beast, Uncommon Hero) [Utgar]
Cave Troll [Utgar] {Fellowship A} [Finished by Fellowship]
Orcs of Moria (4) [Utgar] [Claimed: Shiftrex]
Orcs of Moria Archers (3) [Utgar]
Orc Deep Drummer (Common) [Utgar] {Fellowship A} [Finished by Fellowship]
Moria Orc Chieftan (Uncommon) [Utgar] {Fellowship A}
Durin's Bane [Valkrill] [Claimed: Chris Perkins]
Ugluk [Utgar] {Fellowship B} [Claimed: Shiftrex]
Uruk-Hai Unique Squad (4) [Utgar] {Fellowship B} [Claimed: Chris Perkins]
Lurtz [Utgar] {Fellowship B}

Notes:
  • Some cards have a fellowship letter next to them; this means the card was previously assigned to a fellowship & already has some work done on it. I suggest using what the fellowship had worked on as a starting point.

Last edited by Chris Perkins; November 8th, 2021 at 05:42 PM.
Old January 30th, 2021, 06:16 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: HoME Development : Stage 1 - Rough Draft Cards

[Reserved]
Old January 30th, 2021, 06:19 PM

I'll get things started by claiming "Uruk-hai unique squad"
Old January 30th, 2021, 09:41 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll take Cave Troll.

EDIT: I realized that I am an immense dumbass, that figure is already in playtesting. I think I'll take Merry and Pippin. Those two should work together and they'll be rather "minor" in the grand scheme of things compared to the other heroes.
Old January 30th, 2021, 09:53 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Awesome, looks great Chris Perkins!
I've been helping my brother work on the house and don't wanna overload myself so I'll hold off for now.
Old January 30th, 2021, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
I'll take Cave Troll.

EDIT: I realized that I am an immense dumbass, that figure is already in playtesting. I think I'll take Merry and Pippin. Those two should work together and they'll be rather "minor" in the grand scheme of things compared to the other heroes.
OP updated for Merry, Pippin, & the Cave Troll (I marked it finished by fellowship).

For Merry & Pippin, there's some chance there's a general 'hobbit' power so if someone else grabs Frodo & Sam it would be helpful for you and them to collaborate on thoughts along that line.
Old January 30th, 2021, 11:31 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Can do!
Old January 31st, 2021, 01:15 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Why are the Uruk Hai Squad Unique? There are thousands of them. Just pitching in because I'm a big fan of the books and movies and it seems off thematically to make them Unique. You guys have watched the battle of Helms Deep right? Seeing the new format with multiple ideas is an inspiring direction. When I was last in this thread with ideas they were shut down, and was told that I was not part of the "team" and just needed to play test what was already designed by someone else. The new direction seems like it encourages multiple points of thought and view and is refreshing. I have been currently dusting off my LOTR/Hobbit figures and also designing and 3d printing a bunch of great new models that I plan to finish making cards for. I think that when doing customs for established characters, the cards should well represent the unit thematically amongst being balanced and fun to play. If what I'm saying makes absolutely no sense in the word, and my opinions aren't welcome, let me know, and I'll move on, but otherwise, I'll happily share my thoughts, and my stls that get finished, along with my enthusiasm for the project.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 31st, 2021, 02:25 AM

I'm sure that everyone would love your thoughts and perspective. Collaborative projects are the sum of all input.

Iirc the Uruk squad was meant to represent the Uruk scouts from the Fellowship of the ring. The idea was to give them perks as a small unit. It's been a while since it's been discussed... but we DEFINITELY need common uruk as well
Old January 31st, 2021, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Why are the Uruk Hai Squad Unique? There are thousands of them. Just pitching in because I'm a big fan of the books and movies and it seems off thematically to make them Unique. You guys have watched the battle of Helms Deep right? Seeing the new format with multiple ideas is an inspiring direction. When I was last in this thread with ideas they were shut down, and was told that I was not part of the "team" and just needed to play test what was already designed by someone else. The new direction seems like it encourages multiple points of thought and view and is refreshing. I have been currently dusting off my LOTR/Hobbit figures and also designing and 3d printing a bunch of great new models that I plan to finish making cards for. I think that when doing customs for established characters, the cards should well represent the unit thematically amongst being balanced and fun to play. If what I'm saying makes absolutely no sense in the word, and my opinions aren't welcome, let me know, and I'll move on, but otherwise, I'll happily share my thoughts, and my stls that get finished, along with my enthusiasm for the project.
Hey Trex!

You're absolute welcome and we'd like to hear your ideas/insights. I don't know that we have an exact membership list right now -per se- (and we probably don't need one). If you've got a card from this list that you have ideas for go ahead and claim away.

Regarding the unique Uruks, Shiftrex is correct; these are not the only Uruks planned. This squad is meant to represent the small band of Uruks that engaged the fellowship at Amon Hen. Thematically, we made them unique to represent their size difference compared to the massive army of Uruks that fight at the fords of Isen & Helms Deep.

We layed out a potential release schedule a while back, which you can see here:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=57358
There are planned Uruk soldiers & crossbowmen (both common) in the future.

They will certainly have a better name than "Uruk Unique Squad" eventually, but we had some disagreement about what kind of squad they should be (scouts / better warriors / etc.) and so we didn't have a definitive name yet. Although I'm pretty sure the version that I will propose in rough draft form will be that of 'scouts'.
Old January 31st, 2021, 11:37 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
I'll take Cave Troll.

I really liked the designs we had for Merry and Pippin from the old HoME group. I like the way they followed a unique hero around unnoticed until that hero was destroyed and then got all the order markers from that hero.

But I'm also interested in any new ideas you might have.
Old January 31st, 2021, 12:33 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We'd be glad to have you aboard @TREX !
I also really like the old Merry and Pippin designs, but don't let that stop you from trying out something new, I'm excited to see how they develop.
Also I think the Drummer was finished by Fellowship A or whatnot.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs