Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old November 10th, 2020, 01:33 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

After building a handful of display shelves and reorganizing the mancave. Ive pulled all my old wotc starwars miniatures figures down to empty some shelves. I did a rough scale check on some of them and figured out some fun things. Turns out that wookiees, b1 battledroids, tusken raiders, and a handful of other random characters are actually star wars legion scale. Those will be rebased and placed with my legion armies. Secondly there are a few starwars figures that have been made into c3v squads. Im keeping those for that. Then there are a few that serve as extra squads for Imperial Assault. We dont play it really since legion but am keeping those just in case we want to run the campaigns. The rest Im giving to my brother along with all my random clixs and mage knight figures that I dont dub worthy for games like frostgrave. Ill be giving him over 300 miniatures. That should free up a little shelf space for new resin printing additions for games I play. I plan on putting my runewars armies on display once they are painted as well as a bunch of others. @Hahma , I put an entry into a painting contest in the 3d printing for legion painting facebook page. I speed painted it. It turned out great but Im not looking to win. It was just a fun excuse to print that rebel alien mini and paint him up. Ive been painting a bunch of random minis as I go through a bunch of stuff Im letting go that I find. Its fun.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 11th, 2020, 05:17 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Neat that you found some new old minis that scale to Legion. Always nice to find minis that can be used for other games. I have a tone of minis from the Mercs Recon game I kickstarted several years ago that could be used for other games. I has painted up 4 of them to represent my family for The Walking Dead, but haven't had time to paint any more than the dozen or so that I had initially painted after getting them.

300 minis given away and not even a small dentin your collection

I didn't realize there was a 3D painting Legion Facebook page. I'll look for it when I get a chance. Yeah, it's not so much about winning, but the fun and excuse to paint a certain thing.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 11th, 2020, 07:38 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Neat that you found some new old minis that scale to Legion. Always nice to find minis that can be used for other games. I have a tone of minis from the Mercs Recon game I kickstarted several years ago that could be used for other games. I has painted up 4 of them to represent my family for The Walking Dead, but haven't had time to paint any more than the dozen or so that I had initially painted after getting them.

300 minis given away and not even a small dentin your collection

I didn't realize there was a 3D painting Legion Facebook page. I'll look for it when I get a chance. Yeah, it's not so much about winning, but the fun and excuse to paint a certain thing.
I finished going through the rest of my boxes of random minis and it ended up being about 500 minis instead of 300. It feels kind of good to get them to someone who will use them more. I ended up giving him a huge load of star wars miniatures, a bunch of dnd minis I dont care for, and a good half of my mage knight and some heroclix. I kept my c3g clix and the mage knight models I liked or painted up. I had started 3d printing some scape models awhile back on my fdm machine but never pulled the supports. I gave them to him as well to either keep or throw out. We both have resin machines now anyway. I got him started with a mini collection so he can play a bunch of different games. What is funny is Ive printed as many figures in the last month or so that I just gave away. Now I have a little shelf space to print and paint figures I want instead of figures I feel the need to repaint.

Old November 12th, 2020, 06:42 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yeah, that makes sense. Being able to make the minis you want makes you feel better about the space they take.

Now to paint and play with them

Old November 12th, 2020, 09:42 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Yeah, that makes sense. Being able to make the minis you want makes you feel better about the space they take.

Now to paint and play with them
Indeed. I just need to get in some games. I think Ill go ahead and start my modern zombicide campaign. I need to paint the final big box of it but there are 4 other campaigns I can play that come before that one so Ill start from the season 1 box and go from there. It will be easier to game now that daylight savings time is in effect, it getting dark more quickly, and it being cold as hell outside. Ill be more likely not to do as much outside after work. I freeze plenty while out working on equipment, even in my insulated gear.

Old November 22nd, 2020, 12:49 AM
"like" happy

@Hahma , After having an extended look into all of the points changes on all of the Star wars Legion Cards and checking out all the altered cards I've come to the conclusion that I love this game even more. Across the boards they lowered most of the core units add on troopers pt costs. They dropped tons of the heavy weapon prices along with just about all the older vehicle point costs on things. I'm equally excited to run any one of the 4 factions. Allowing the rebel and imp heavy speeder, and tank to allow their passengers to shoot while riding is epic. Imagine emplacement troopers, palpatine, boba fett, deathtroopers or any other troopers firing from the tank. Having Han Solo, or chewie or such firing from the landspeeder. Not to mention all the landspeeders upgrades and base costs are lowered. My favorite thing about the AT ST is having the general weiss upgrade card only costing 1 pt and basically getting to fire with all 4 weapons every turn if you wanted without paying the crazy price tag. I'll be printing out alternate cards for those updated unit cards tonight. I think now I'll be catching up my painting que on everything legion.

Old November 22nd, 2020, 05:51 PM
Prickly Cactus

I haven't looked at everything @TREX , but it seems like some good changes.

I'd like to have the E-Web on the Grave tank.

It's not easy or often to be able to get the AT-ST to be able to use all of its weapons on a turn because of rhe range restrictions. But at least it won't cost as much for Weiss.

Old November 23rd, 2020, 07:44 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
I haven't looked at everything @TREX , but it seems like some good changes.

I'd like to have the E-Web on the Grave tank.

It's not easy or often to be able to get the AT-ST to be able to use all of its weapons on a turn because of rhe range restrictions. But at least it won't cost as much for Weiss.
I spent a decent amount of the day priming 3d prints. I bought a few stl files from skullforgegames the other week and had printed all of them out. I printed 4 additional squads of shoretroopers along with a funny version of their mortar launcher guy. I put together a mortar cannon to go with the shoretrooper that is sitting in a beach chair with a cocktail in his hand. I'll send you some pics later after I paint some of them. That puts me at 6 squads of shoretroopers total with the two legit ones I have. I also bought some files from a guy named bigmiller bro for Rebel fleet trooper options. I added in some alternate heads that I found or put together including the rediculous domed helmet and printed 4 more squads of those. I had to custom make the troopers holding the barrage launcher and shotgun. I primed up the max amount of Imp Special forces along with some kitbashed ones I'm using for Gideon and Hask. Also made up the maximum amount of Commando Rebel Strike teams and Rebel Pathfinders. I just made X2 of the base squad because Bistan and Pao are the only heroes that can be used with them. Also, finished priming up all my remaining mandalorians. I picked up some of those cool jetpack/jetpack trail files as well. I'm going to go in and modify some of the mando and arc trooper files to angle their feet and print some flying troopers on those "Flight Stands" for fun. I basically made enough of every unit that we can play exactly whatever we want with whatever army we want.
The list of my units is:

EMPIRE

Emperor Palpatine
Vader X4
Veers
Boba Fett X2
Bossk
Krennic
Iden Versio
Imperial Special Forces X3
Imperial Inferno Squad X1
Death Troopers X4
Snowtroopers X6
Stormtroopers X8
Stormtrooper Upgrade X7
Shoretroopers X6
Imperial Upgrade X5
Imperial Occupier Tank X3
AT ST X3
Dewback Rider X4
EWEB Gunner Team X4
Imperial Speeder Bikes X4
Imperial Royal Guard X1
Imperial Scouts X1
Imperial Sniper Strike team X4

Rebels

Luke SkywalkerX4
Leia Organa
Han Solo
Chewbacca
Jyn Urso
Cassian Andor
K2S0
R2D2
C3P0
Sabin Wren X2
AT RT X4
Taun Taun Riders X3
FD Turret X3
Rebel Veterans X6
Rebel Troopers X8
Rebel Trooper Upgrade X5
Rebel Pathfinders X3
Mandalorian Resistance X4
Clan Wren X1
Rebel Commandos X1
Rebel Commando Strike Team X4
Wookiee Warriors X5
Rebel Fleet Troopers X6
Rebel Upgrade X5
Air Speeder X2
Landspeeder X3

Republic

Obi Wan Kenobi X3
Anikan Skywalker
Padme Amidala
Captain Rex
Phase 1 Clone Troopers X6
Phase 1 Upgrade X6
Phase 2 Clone Troopers X6
Barc Speeder X3
Clone AT RT X3
Saber Tank X2
Arc Troopers X3
Arc Trooper Strike Team X4

Separatists CIS

General Grievous X3
Cad Bane
Count Dooku
Darth Maul X2
Droidekas X3
Stap Riders X4
Super Battle Droids X6
B1 Battle Droids X6
B1 Battle Droid Upgrade X6
Commander Droid X6
Commando Droids X3

Also have a handful of alternates characters that don't have cards but are fun. Like a few yoda's , baby yoda, etc.
It was fun to list it out. I've got to finish painting it up now to get caught back up. This will get me caught back up with all current releases. I've got files for a couple of the new releases coming up, but no spoilers on those at the moment.

Old November 24th, 2020, 08:47 AM
Prickly Cactus

That's a ton of Legion @TREX . You could run a tournament with all that. I hope you get to play it a lot.

Old November 25th, 2020, 12:57 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
That's a ton of Legion @TREX . You could run a tournament with all that. I hope you get to play it a lot.
Ive wanted to do a mini tournament at my house. Ive got planty of terrain to fill up easily a dozen standard sized tables with themed terrain. Ive slowly been getting better at using a program called meshmixer. Im going to take another stab at that mutant behemoth now that I have a dozen more tricks up my sleeve. I also found an old folder full of awesome skyrim load screen files on my computer from when I first started printing with my fdm printer but gave up on using it to print minis. Ive figured out so many tricks that its allowing me to do a ton of things I couldnt before. I got some more resin in yesterday. I have to do a little maintenance on the printer though. When dumping in the last of my resin from the recycled bottle(what gets poured back in at the end of my print run.) I must have had a tiny pin sized piece of hardened resin hooked to a support base that must have got past my sieve somehow into the bottle then in my vat. As soon as it hit the zero I heard it grinding and shut it off. It put a pin hole in my FEP and resin got all over my screen. I had to drain it and clean everything up. Luckily the led screen never fired up because the sequence never finished starting. In short I have to replace the fep, level my bed, and then can get back to printing. Im going to for sure be revisiting those skyrim files with my new skills and a resin printer.

Old November 25th, 2020, 08:33 PM
"like" happy

Been spending a bit of time going through Legion cards today. I put all the cards that have had card changes in a separate marked bag from the latest rrg update. I then went on the computer to download all the updated cards along with proxy cards for the special forces Imps, anakin,and maul. I printed out all of those along with extra unit and upgrade cards for all the new squads Ive 3d printed. I still need to cut out all of those, laminate them, and cut them out again. I size everything to the appropriate dimensions in templates I made awhile back in photoshop so everything is uniform. There were some cool black friday deals on stl miniature files from some of my favorite sculptors so I picked up a few. Included in those were some cool snowtrooper files that will double for republic galactic marines if needed. Ive already printed a few extra squads of another sculptors. They are cool but I like these new ones even more. They are better proportioned. I have to play some minecraft with my daughter next before I do any more hobbying though. really cool stuff.

Old November 26th, 2020, 08:31 AM
Prickly Cactus

Yes, hang out with your daughter while she still wants to hang out with you. My twins stopped gaming years ago and now don't even want to watch our shows together anymore. So enjoy it while it lasts

You're addicted to printing

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures