Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old July 25th, 2020, 08:55 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Public Design Workshop

Cool cool. Interesting design for sure. Hope you stick around long enough to get that Allyship and see it through, SIEGE!

Definitely eligible, FreshFoods! I'd nominate you if I hadn't already spent my nomination! City of Heroes has been approved for a while, I believe, but no one's gotten around to doing anything with it! Cool to see a write up for it.

Are there Clix for that or would we need mods?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 25th, 2020, 08:59 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

No worries on the nomination Bats! Hoping to get some eyes and critiques on it, big fan of the game and would love to see Statesman and crew in Heroscape.

There are clix! They’re pretty limited and pricey at anywhere from $5-10 a figure, but they’re out there. I see ebay postings for them fairly often. There’s two for Statesman, one for Manticore and Positron, and 4 villains
Old July 25th, 2020, 09:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Having Clix at all goes a long way for you. So good to hear, especially if someone has them to take pictures.

We're a very pro-proxy group, we just look good photos on the cards.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 26th, 2020, 12:52 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Fresh, I like a lot of stuff going on with that draft. However, if he's going to have synergy with other Survivors, we need to have other Survivors available in order to design/playtest him. I'd suggest doing Manticore and Positron first, then looping back around to Statesman.

I was excited to see you post something, Fresh, but unfortunately I don't think Statesman is viable to be the first-designed of the Freedom Phalanx guys, with a leadership power like you're gunning for. We wouldn't be able to cost the power accurately.

You should post your ideas for the others, though! I'd be happy to help workshop them around a bit and figure out a good plan of attack for how to get them designed.
Old July 27th, 2020, 11:56 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Gotcha, that makes sense! I hadn't really considered a leader being tough to price accurately without their bonding units. In that case, here's what I currently have for Manticore, the archer of the Freedom Phalanx :

Quote:

NAME = MANTICORE
SECRET IDENTITY = JUSTIN SINCLAIR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SURVIVOR
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 7
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 110-140

EMERGENCY TELEPORTATION NETWORK
Instead of moving normally, Manticore may use Emergency Teleportation Network. To teleport, place Manticore on any empty space within 6 spaces of his current placement. When using Emergency Teleportation Network, Manticore will take any leaving engagement attacks. After using Emergency Teleportation Network, reduce Manticore's range and attack by one until the end of the turn.

AIMED SHOT
Instead of attacking normally, Manticore may use the Aimed Shot special power. Choose a target that is within 12 clear sight spaces of Manticore. Manticore rolls an additional attack die against that figure. If Manticore uses Emergency Teleportation Network, Manticore loses clear sight of the target, or the target moves adjacent to Manticore, he loses the effect of Aimed Shot.

BIO
Born Justin Sinclair, Manticore excelled in archery from a young age. Raised by his nanny, Virginia Bowman, Manticore’s parents were murdered in front of him by the villain Protean. Being the sole beneficiary of a large trust fund, Sinclair took up the mantle of Manticore, and began lending his money and aim to the Freedom Phalanx.
I feel like the archer design space in the mid 100 price range is pretty crowded, and I wanted to keep Manticore from stepping on anyone's toes. Emergency Teleportation Network allows Manticore to reposition himself and still attack, although it will be much weaker. Aimed Shot lets Manticore call out a target, and potentially deal more damage to them. However, it can be counterplayed by ducking into cover, or rushing Manticore. I also think a power that makes him an Archer would work and help fill out that group more, but it's not something that I feel he absolutely must have.

I'm more than welcome to any comments or ideas for Manticore or the other two in the Freedom Phalanx!
Old July 28th, 2020, 03:07 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

If he's not going to have the class of Archer, I wouldn't worry about being priced the same as any of the current Archers. I'd consider bumping up his range to 8, most of our Archers can out distance assault rifle types who get a range of 7.

As for the powers, Teleportation Network would certainly be useful. I'd actually use it pretty much every time I move as it's currently written. 6 spaces > 5 move, which off sets the -1 range, and teleport will often get you up to high ground. High ground gives you +1 attack to balance out the -1 attack from using it. So really as long as you can get high ground on an opponent, if just gives you flying for free. You could just toss a once per round or once per game in there if you don't want him using it constantly. I don't know the character or theme here though so I'm not sure if it should be limited in anyway.

I'm not sure I follow Aimed Shot currently. Instead of attacking normally, you pick a target and attack normally with one additional die? If I understand the theme you are going for, you need to have him call his shot at the start of the round or something. Then their would be a chance for the target to move out of LOS, or into engagement depending on who won initiative. Of course you need a downside to calling his shot or you'll use it all the time. So maybe something like this:

AIMED SHOT
Before rolling for initiative, you may choose an opponent's Unique or Event Hero in clear sight of Manticore. If you do, you roll 1 additional attack die this round when attacking that figure with a non-adjacent normal attack. If Manticore attacks any other figure this round with a non-adjacent normal attack, roll 1 fewer attack die. If Manticore uses Emergency Teleportation Network, he loses the effect of Aimed Shot.

So basically he's focusing in on one target to the detriment of all other targets, +1 vs. the target but -1 vs. everyone else. It only effects ranged attacks, a melee fight is unaffected either way. The opponent can engage you to take away the bonus, you can't use your teleporation power, and the target could run into a building or something.
Old July 28th, 2020, 03:13 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I think the idea on Aimed Shot's wording in FreshFood's post is it's an instead of attacking power that 'marks' a target to get the boost on later attacks? But it isn't written out clear enough to really tell what's going on.

-

Unless Aimed Shot is supposed to stack with itself (like you keep giving up attacks to add to your 'aimed shot bonus', which would require a lot of hardware to do) or something, the current design is closer to like.. 70 points than it is to 140. He's just not really doing anything, like sometimes he can get his attack up to the level everyone else already is at against one person?

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 28th, 2020, 03:19 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I think the idea with Aimed Shot is that you give up 1 attack to get a boost on all future attacks until the boost is cancelled, right? (EDIT: SW ) That’s definitely a cool concept, but I’d probably implement it using a marker just for clarity. I definitely like YK’s take as well.

Honest thought - If only 3 Survivors are being planned, and 1 of them really wants to be an Archer, maybe it worth exploring group synergy based on something other than class? I don’t exactly know what that would look like for these guys specifically, but I think it’s at least worth looking into.

Also wanted to say, it got lost a bit in the nomination excitement, but I do really dig @SIEGE ’s Ultraman.
Old July 28th, 2020, 03:47 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Okay, I understand what Aimed Shot was trying to do now. Thanks SW!
Old July 28th, 2020, 03:53 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Fiddling around a bit, this is a closer to Heroscape lingo version of what I think aimed shot is going for:

AIMED SHOT
Start the game with one black Aim Marker. Instead of attacking with Manticore, you may choose a non-adjacent Unique or Event Hero within 12 clear sight spaces of Manticore and place his Aim Marker on that Hero's Card. That Hero is Manticore's Target as long as Manticore's Aim Marker is on that Hero's Card. If Manticore becomes engaged with his Target or loses clear sight on his Target, remove his Aim Marker from that figure's card. Manticore rolls an additional die when attacking his Target.

(I'd just put the bit about losing the Aim Markers when you teleport in the teleport power itself personally unless that power is supposed to go on other people)

That's a lot of parts for one attack die. So especially if he's supposed to be close to 140 points I'd make that like an auto-skull or something instead.
Old July 28th, 2020, 08:58 AM

Hey everyone, this is exactly the kind of stuff I was looking for.

A once per round on the teleport makes sense, he’s not Nightcrawler-esque where he’s using it all the time.

Nobody, you’re right about the idea of Aimed Shot. Not sure if any of you have played XCOM 2, but I took inspiration from the Hunter in that game with Aimed Shot. With the survivor class, I don’t love it as a way to get synergy between the 3 of them. I was thinking a personality could rope them all. So maybe a Survivor personality, and Champion/Archer/Scientist classes for Statesman, Manticore and Positron? That would give them more army options for sure.

Sorry about the unclear wording! It’s the kind of thing where I know I want in my head, but getting it in text is tougher than I imagined. Yodaking, I really like your version of Aimed Shot. I like the idea of the auto skull from Soundwarp. I think 120 is what I would be looking for him price wise.

Thanks a lot for the help guys! This is only the second design I’ve ever really tried to make, it’s fun
Old July 28th, 2020, 01:42 PM
C3G Landlord

Yeah, some of my final designs don't look much like where they started, but I love where they ended up, while other designs are more or less the same as what I first envisioned but with much more sound mechanical language for rules and game balance. It's a fun and rewarding process to go through and can play out in different ways.

Personally I would go with the different classes and Survivor Personality as the synergy hook. Others may object to that as a personality, but it works for me. Having different classes lets the cards get some play in other teams, while a personality hook might pull someone in to your own builds from a different publisher. Like I know some people want to make a few of the survivor's from the Walking Dead and it that happened I could see some of them with a the Survivor personality. They would be low priced units (under 100), so really just filler for you, but if you think Manticore is a 120 range unit, they should fit in pretty well as a back-up option once he goes down.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy