Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old February 4th, 2018, 01:10 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Another blast from the past. @Mr. QTip used to come to my tournaments, sometimes even with Mrs. QTip, but we haven't seen him in ages. He is missed.

Thank you for calling attention to one of his fine contributions to our community.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 5th, 2018, 09:19 PM

Einarian Rifleman Woo who?

HI, I was wondering how things are around here with making figures and terrain? What are some of the cool things that you guys have made? Where might I find a list of the new figure waves that you guys have created?
Old February 5th, 2018, 09:31 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einarian Rifleman View Post
HI, I was wondering how things are around here with making figures and terrain? What are some of the cool things that you guys have made? Where might I find a list of the new figure waves that you guys have created?
Here is a list of the new figure waves the C3V has released, along with all SoV approved designs.

There's other groups that have put out Star Wars 'Scape and more Super 'Scape, if you're interested in those.
Old February 9th, 2018, 08:43 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Anybody know of a designed 1v1 map that uses the wall/door/battlement pieces from FotA but none of the wall-walk terrain pieces? I've used up all my wall-walk pieces in one map and want to build another map utilizing what is left.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old February 10th, 2018, 10:22 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Anybody know of a designed 1v1 map that uses the wall/door/battlement pieces from FotA but none of the wall-walk terrain pieces? I've used up all my wall-walk pieces in one map and want to build another map utilizing what is left.

~Z
If there is no official map you could always make your own. I almost never play 1v1 so I need to make a bigger map and therefore are mainly custom maps.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old February 10th, 2018, 03:56 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Killometer built one that used a thousand battlements, and I don't remember any road on it. There probably was some, though.

It's an interesting request and I'm curious to know what you find. I started to go poking around for you but the death of Photobucket makes it too much of a pain.

Dignan made a pair of maps that used 2x RttFF, with one using all the trees and the other using all the roads. You could try the one with trees, and substitute columns.

Good luck!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 23rd, 2018, 12:55 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Any help with Virtualscape download? I keep getting it in French when I extract it.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 01:34 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
Any help with Virtualscape download? I keep getting it in French when I extract it.
I've had that problem myself in the past.

Not sure what I did to fix it, but here is a link to my copy that I uploaded a few years ago as backup. It comes with all my personal tiles included for making online maps, which might not help you, but who knows, it might!

And it definitely should be in english.

EDIT: were you using this link here? https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...?do=file&id=12
Old February 23rd, 2018, 03:34 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:

Not sure what I did to fix it, but here is a link to my copy that I uploaded a few years ago as backup. It comes with all my personal tiles included for making online maps, which might not help you, but who knows, it might!

EDIT: were you using this link here? https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...?do=file&id=12
Great timing on posting this, I was going to message you today about getting those tile files again.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old February 23rd, 2018, 03:45 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's the link.

Thanks for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:

Old February 28th, 2018, 08:48 AM

pnkfelix Woo who?

This may seem like a really silly question, but it struck me as a *slight* ambiguity in the rules as written, so I wanted to double-check about how people reach an answer here.

When I first read the rules about engagement, I interpreted it as something that you only checked against your initial space. I.e., your unit had started its turn somewhere, and an enemy unit is currently adjacent to it, and so trying to move away is going to open your unit up to a leaving engagement attack. But I was assuming that it could "sneak past" enemy units that it merely passed as it moved from one place to another.

Then when I played my second game recently, my opponent who was also learning asked whether engagement applied to intermediate spaces you go through as you move.

In other words, when my unit moves onto a space more than 1 hex away, it goes through a series of intermediate spaces. It may pass by other units as it does this, including enemy units. Can an enemy unit perform a leaving engagement attack when my unit traverses one of those intermediate spaces?

At this point I'm pretty sure that the answer is "yes, leaving engagement attacks are valid in that scenario."

In particular, the verb "move" in the phrase "move onto a space that's not adjacent" is not talking about solely comparing your initial start space with your final end space, but rather talking about each intermediate space that your figure steps on as it traverses the path to its destination.

So, okay, assuming I'm correct that the answer is "yes, leaving engagement attacks can be applied to figures in the middle of a movement action, including when the start space was not adjacent to the attacking figure", the real question is this: What is the most direct way you can see to "prove" this from one of the Hasbro rule books?

That is, if you were arguing this point with someone who says "No, the phrase 'I move from point A to point B' is just talking about those start and end points, so I only need to consider point A when we are determining whether a leaving engagement attack can be applied.", what would you point to in the rule book to show them that they are wrong?

(Unfortunately this is a case where I think it would have been quite simple to include an example with a picture illustrating this case, but as far as I can tell none of the given examples actually do so.)

Boy that was probably way too much text for such a simple question...
Old February 28th, 2018, 08:56 AM

pnkfelix Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkfelix View Post
That is, if you were arguing this point with someone who says "No, the phrase 'I move from point A to point B' is just talking about those start and end points, so I only need to consider point A when we are determining whether a leaving engagement attack can be applied.", what would you point to in the rule book to show them that they are wrong?

Oh, by the way, even if you cannot find a good "proof" based solely on the rulebook text, I would happily accept a pointer to the relevant entry in the FAQ.

To be honest, the thing that finally pushed me yesterday to accept the answer here is "Yes, leaving engagement attacks apply to intermediate spaces" was the following text from the FAQ:

When do you check for adjacency when a figure is moving up or down levels of terrain or over a battlement. You only check for adjacency on each SPACE as you move. A space is any hex shaped space as well as any ladder rung.

But I sort of wish the answer had come from something that didn't include the potential distraction of discussion of battlements...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's