Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old February 7th, 2007, 12:44 AM

Sir Flak has disabled reputation
Sir Flak's Flocked Up Terrain (Auction Ends Today 2/16/07)

Hi all. I just wanted to post pics of my tiles all flocked up. I've truely been inspired by Grishnakh's thread. I've only been playing for a short time but I couldn't resist giving my terrain some real WOW factor. I had alot of fun and I think I'm going to sell some terrain to folk to offset my addiction to this game. I think i've already spent several hundred dollars and there's no end in sight.

Here's a pic of my tiles layed out after sealing.

I built the Trollsford Swamps standard map from the rule book to show off the terrain in these pics.

I also stained and put some felt in a wood case to hold the tiles, dice, and accessories

Heres the tiles in the case.

The wood case can carry everything but the figures. I all ready need a ton of boxes for the figures anyway so it doesn't bother me. It is nice to have one complete master set fit nicely in a case though.

Frakkin Awesome.

EDIT: Current Ebay Auction for one of these Master Set's can be found here
Old February 7th, 2007, 01:11 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
I could not have done better myself. And welcome to Heroscapers!
Old February 7th, 2007, 01:11 AM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker
Welcome to 'Scapers
just wanted to stop by and say that your terrain looks great. I love that box/storage!
Old February 7th, 2007, 01:16 AM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
Awesome job. I have a question though. How much money does it cost to buy the supplies for the flocking? I have been thinking of doing it myself and I wan't to know the cost. Thanks and welcome to the site.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old February 7th, 2007, 09:26 AM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
HEROSCAPE COLLECTORS EDITION!

¡dn sʇɐɥʍ
Old February 7th, 2007, 09:40 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelord
Awesome job. I have a question though. How much money does it cost to buy the supplies for the flocking? I have been thinking of doing it myself and I wan't to know the cost. Thanks and welcome to the site.
Flock will run you about $5-$10 depending on how much you buy. You could easily flock your master set with 1 small bag of green. A little flock goes a looooonnnggg way. ok.

Sir Flak !
Welcome to the site, and WOW, your terrain looks great! Thanks for sharing the pics and I hope to see more of your posts in the future!
Old February 7th, 2007, 11:29 AM

Well I probably bought more supplies than I needed. I bought the big jugs of flock for about $10 bucks each. I got three colors so that was about 30 bucks. I like the jugs better than the bags though because it is convenient to put the excess flock back in and for storage. I bought a huge bottle of Elmer’s all purpose glue that was about $4. Small bottles of paint are about $1.25 each. I also got some of those aluminum foil cooking trays. I can go nuts throwing the flock on the pieces and the tray would catch the excess. Those are about $1-2 each at Wal-Mart. The matte sealer is about $5. The case is about $15 bucks and then the stain and felt is probably about another $10.

So to just flock that works out to...

Flock - $30
Glue - $4
Paint - $4
Trays - $4
Sealer - $5
-------------
Total $47

Granted I can probably do multiple sets with only having to go out and get more glue and paint. The flock does go a long way.

The real cost is time. I can only spend a few hours each night working on it. My wife thought it was kewl though and she has been helping me. She's an artist anyway which is probably why they came out as well as they did my first try.

I did decide to post a set with a box on eBay. I'll see how this set does and decide if it’s worth selling more. You should be able to find it if you search for "Heroscape Terrain". I used the same pictures on the auction so you should be able to recognize it if you are interested.
Old February 7th, 2007, 11:52 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Wow, thanks for sharing, Sir Flak, and welcome to the site. I'm still considering flocking...

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 7th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, Sir Flak!

On behalf of our well stored and flocked up community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

Looks absolutely beautiful!

~Aldin, aesthete

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 7th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh
I could not have done better myself. And welcome to Heroscapers!
Considering who said that, you got a HUGE compliment.

Nice job and welcome.
Old February 7th, 2007, 04:33 PM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
HEROSCAPE COLLECTORS EDITION!

'nuff said.

Great work Sir Flak! I've been meaning to flock my hexes soon but I need to know, does the materail scrap off the hexes easly?

FINISH HIM!
Old February 7th, 2007, 05:58 PM

I think sealing the hexes with a clear coat adds life to the hexes. In a few games I've played on my sets, people bang bang banging there peices to count spaces makes me wince. But no damage so far to the tiles . They will eventually wear down but a couple drops of glue to the damaged areas and you can patch the flock and it won't really be noticable.

The disadvantage to the sealer though is it seems to take a smidge away from the vibrant flock colors. Like on the green you can't tell as easily that there are a mix of greens and yellows. It still would recommend sealing it though. It'll last longer and you won't be shedding flock dust everywhere you go.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles