Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old December 9th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Recently watched a few episodes of '1000 Ways To Die'. I'm not sure if I like it or not. While fascinating because the explain in detail how this person died and it is fascinating, I find it very morbid that this is entertainment, watching how other people died, and sometimes laughing at the stupidity of how said person died. I dunno...
Old December 12th, 2010, 10:55 PM

Utger man is surprisingly tart

call me a kid but i like spectacular spider-man, star wars the clone wars, generator rex, and cop shows go figure

I did NOT spell "Utgar" incorrectly. Check the link below.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...4&postcount=85
Old January 1st, 2011, 06:01 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Twilight Zone marathon.

Old January 1st, 2011, 06:51 PM

pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker

I've been watching the Doctor Who marathon on BBCAmerica.
Old January 8th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Not having a TV, I don't come to this thread all that often. However, I thought I'd ask if anyone planned to watch Shameless. It's a US remake of a British show. I've seen the first couple of seasons of the British version and loved it. However, it would probably come close to the top of any list of British shows I made that I thought would not translate well to the US. It's got Allison Janney and William H. Macy, which I assume means it's pretty high-budget/mainstream (it's on Showtime; that doesn't mean anything to me---is it something most homes get?).

Thoughts?
Old January 10th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Not having a TV, I don't come to this thread all that often. However, I thought I'd ask if anyone planned to watch Shameless. It's a US remake of a British show. I've seen the first couple of seasons of the British version and loved it. However, it would probably come close to the top of any list of British shows I made that I thought would not translate well to the US. It's got Allison Janney and William H. Macy, which I assume means it's pretty high-budget/mainstream (it's on Showtime; that doesn't mean anything to me---is it something most homes get?).

Thoughts?
Showtime genuinely has high budget TV shows. Many of which are generally nominated (and win) awards such as Californication, Dexter, Weeds, etc. Not a lot of people get Showtime (it's in a higher tier of cable) but their shows still garner a large audience. I think Dexter is one of the best American television series that I've ever seen simply due to the caliber of writing, acting, and production. Showtime is one of the few networks I've seen where I don't feel as if the show is held back due to crappy acting, over-bearing CEOs, or terrible funding if that helps at all, Ollie. I'll be sure to check out both the new version and the British version of this show.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old January 11th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the info Drumline3469. I hope you enjoy the show(s).

I've seen and enjoyed a season of Dexter. Must get the second season. (One of the advantages of TV via boxset/itunes is that you get to splurge and watch the whole lot in one go, usually roughly an episode a night until it's done for us )
Old January 30th, 2011, 08:21 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just got Netflix last month and have been enjoying the Instant Play a lot. Ive been watching Full Metal Alchemist (for the 3rd time). I started watching it with my daughter until I remember how bloody and serious the series can get. The character development is very good though. You really feel for the 2 brothers as you see what they go through to make right the wrong they did. I suggest it to anyone interested in an anime series.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Last edited by stubobj; February 1st, 2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 07:10 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Theres a couple new series we started watching that arent too bad.
Being Human and The Cape. Being Human is about a Vampire, Werewolf, and Ghost all living together. So far Ive enjoyed the 2 episodes Ive watched. The Cape is a superhero series about a cop who has been framed and thought to be dead. He hooks up with a carnival crew and learns the ins and outs of escaping and illusions. The costume is a bit cheesy but its still entertaining to watch. Im kind of liking the evil guy, Chess. Again only watched a couple episodes but its now on our list of shows to watch.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 07:15 PM
Ninja Dust

I just started watching Burn Notice. Its a pretty good show. i usually watch the simpsons, leverage and anything on the travel channel.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 09:19 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Rugrats! And Hey! Arnold, Spongebob, King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond, and Seinfeld.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old February 2nd, 2011, 09:48 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Lately, I've been watching a lot of the Office. I just cannot get over that show. I also watch a little bit of Seinfeld, but its on at the same time as the Office so I only get in a few episodes a week. I also have been watching Pawn Stars and American Pickers on History as of late.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV