Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old September 29th, 2019, 11:54 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
The Book of Lucius Fox

The Book of Lucius Fox

C3G DC WAVE 33
BATMAN FOREVER

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Batman set.
Its model number and name are #041 / Lucius Fox.

Current Glyphs of Utility

Character Bio - As CEO and President of Wayne Enterprises and its subsidiaries such as the Wayne Foundation and WayneTech, Lucius Fox is one of Bruce Wayne's closest allies. He is an experienced businessman, entrepreneur, and inventor who runs the business interests that supply weapons, gadgets, vehicles, and armor for Bruce Wayne to use when he fights crime as the vigilante Batman. When Batman needs a new gadget, Lucius Fox is just the man to call.

-Rulings and Clarifications-_________________________________________________________________

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Lucius Fox can equip Vigilantes and Sidekicks with his Equipment Glyphs when an Order Marker is revealed on their card.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: Arch-vile
  • Second playtest: Karat
  • Third playtest: Yodaking, 2
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by Arkham
  • Lucius Fox was created by writer Len Wein and penciller John Calnan and first appeared in Batman #307 (January 1979)

Last edited by Arch-vile; July 24th, 2022 at 11:25 PM.
Old September 29th, 2019, 11:56 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Lucius Fox (breathing)

NAME = Lucius Fox

SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Engineer
PERSONALITY = Brilliant
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 3
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = 50

WAYNETECH DEVELOPMENTS
At the start of the game, after Order Markers are placed and before initiative is rolled, place up to five Utility Equipment Glyphs of different types into a Glyph Pool, power-side up, and set them aside. At the end of each round, if there are no Equipment Glyphs on this card, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each friendly Engineer, Inventor, or Scientist adjacent to Lucius Fox. If you roll 6 or higher, choose a glyph from Lucius Fox's Glyph Pool and place it power-side up on this card.

"MISPLACED" INVENTORY
After revealing an Order Marker on a Unique Hero you control that is a Sidekick or Vigilante, before taking a turn with that Hero, you may remove one Equipment Glyph from this card and place it power-side up on that Hero's card.

Last edited by Arch-vile; June 6th, 2020 at 06:58 PM.
Old September 29th, 2019, 11:57 AM
Archie

Comic Art:
Spoiler Alert!

Mini:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Arkham; November 24th, 2019 at 05:56 AM.
Old September 29th, 2019, 12:00 PM
Archie

Alrighty, here's Lucius Fox. As per the Last Chance workshop, I made Fox's starting glyphs into a glyph pool and he starts with a total of 5 glyphs.

There haven't been any comments on the Rebreather Utility Glyph, so I'm curious on thoughts there. It's pretty simple & not very strong but having more glyphs with limited utility would be perfect for this design.
Old September 29th, 2019, 12:01 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Why not simplify this;
Quote:
At the start of the game, place 4 Utility Equipment Glyphs into a Glyph Pool and set them aside and place 1 Utility Equipment Glyph on this card. All Utility Glyphs must be Utility Equipment Glyphs of different types.
Into this?
Quote:
At the start of the game, place 4 Utility Equipment Glyphs of different types into a Glyph Pool and set them aside and place 1 Utility Equipment Glyph on this card.
Not super into the idea of the Rebreather giving +1 Defense. Just feels a bit odd to me.
Old September 29th, 2019, 12:10 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I don't quite get the rebreather mechanically. I think it's a good one to design because it's one people have been talking about forever, but... honestly I'd expect more like a water tunnel effect or something. Like what the Marro Drudge do.

A straight-up "not encumbered by water" thing feels weird to me because the water movement penalty has never been about characters being unable to breathe underwater, it's about the fact that walking through a river is difficult. (Hence the basic "I can get through water okay" power being Slither and not Gills)

Plus I think if the hook is just "can move through water", it's gonna get passed over for the Bat-Grapple nine times out of ten.
Old September 29th, 2019, 12:15 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

The write-up itself looks good, though, looking it over. I think it'll take some testing to figure out the right number of glyphs and the right points, but I like the shape of the thing.
Old September 29th, 2019, 12:16 PM
Archie

That wording would allow Lucius to start with one of the same glyphs he can later develop, MrNobody.

I agree on the Rebreather's weird theme. Mechanically I'm more interested in the +1 defense, so changing the theme to make that possible would be my ideal approach. Bat-flippers? Water suit? Water camo?
Old September 29th, 2019, 12:18 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So he's shooting glyphs out into the battle?

I'm not getting that thematically nor do I like it mechanically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 29th, 2019, 12:59 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
That wording would allow Lucius to start with one of the same glyphs he can later develop, MrNobody.

I agree on the Rebreather's weird theme. Mechanically I'm more interested in the +1 defense, so changing the theme to make that possible would be my ideal approach. Bat-flippers? Water suit? Water camo?
I kind of like him not starting the game with a Glyph on his card. (Just all 5 in the pool.) Simpler, and it’ll probably be rare that you want a swap in the first round anyways. Also sells the theme that he’s developing stuff a bit better too IMO.

Also, is there a way to get around the power only working if there’s no EGs on his card? I don’t think it’s right that he can have up to 5 Glyphs on his card to use himself, but it also seems like requiring him not to have one on his card is going to get finnicky when you’re dealing with switching Glyphs from card to card.

I’ve never been a huge fan of +1 to stats on water, because it often means you’re giving up height to do it, negating any stat gains. I kind of like the water tunnel direction Ronin was talking about, and I think that could be worked to have a more defensive angle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
So he's shooting glyphs out into the battle?

I'm not getting that thematically nor do I like it mechanically.
The Arkham games do equipment exchanges via drone delivery, I think that makes sense for theme here.

We could actually dodge a lot of the mechanical stuff by having the glyph “dropped” within 3 spaces of the Vigilante/Sidekick instead of on their card. Just an idea.
Old September 29th, 2019, 01:14 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like the idea of all five in the pool and when he gets them it’s either on his card or in an immediate “drone drop.” We should get some drone wording in a power to better sell the theme.

For the rebreather, maybe more generic “scuba gear”? It’d be nice to have that as something we could key on for potential future underwater maps.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 29th, 2019, 01:28 PM
Archie

Strong ideas all around. Nobody has the theme right. I like the idea of placing the glyph near your Vigilantes to avoid the glyph-swapping thing. Here are some changes:

Quote:
WAYNETECH DEVELOPMENTS
At the start of the game, place 5 Utility Equipment Glyphs of different types into a Glyph Pool and set them aside. At the end of each round, if there are no Equipment Glyphs on this card, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, choose a Utility Glyph from Lucius Fox’s Glyph Pool and place it on this card.

DRONE GADGET DELIVERY
After revealing an Order Marker on any Vigilante or Sidekick Unique Hero card that you control, before taking a turn with that Vigilante or Sidekick, you may reveal an “X” Order Marker on this card to remove one Equipment Glyph from this card and place that Equipment Glyph on any empty space within 3 spaces of that Vigilante or Sidekick.
Scuba Gear is a good name. I agree that water bonuses are niche, but that's the whole point really.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library