Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 29th, 2014, 12:55 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Star Sapphire (Carol Ferris)

The Book of Star Sapphire (Carol Ferris)

C3G DC WAVE 22
COSMIC FORCES

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the DC 75th Anniversary set.
Its model number and name are #047 / Carol Ferris.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the 75th Anniversary: War of the Light Fast Forces set.
Its model number and name are #006 / Star Sapphire.

Character Bio - “Carol Ferris is the boss and on-off love interest of Hal Jordan. Her family owns the Ferris Aircraft company, she acts as an executive, and occasionally as a pilot. She is also Star Sapphire, a once villainous role occupying another part of her personality entirely. In the Star Sapphire Corps, where she fights for love across the universe, she has taken on a more heroic role,” (dc.wikia.com, 2014). _________________________________________________________________

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 11:50 PM. Reason: png
Old March 29th, 2014, 12:56 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Star Sapphire (Carol Ferris) - Design

NAME = STAR SAPPHIRE
SECRET IDENTITY = CAROL FERRIS

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LOVER
PERSONALITY = PASSIONATE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 1
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 340

POWER OF LOVE 5
Start the game with 5 violet Battery Markers on this card. Add 1 to this Star Sapphire’s Range and Attack numbers for each violet Battery Marker on this card. At the start of the game, you may choose one other Unique Hero to be this Star Sapphire’s Beloved.

LOVE BONDS
After revealing an Order Marker on this Star Sapphire’s Beloved's card, before taking a turn with her Beloved or using other special powers on any Army Card or Glyph, you may first remove a violet Battery Marker from this card to take a turn with this Star Sapphire. If this Star Sapphire takes a turn with this special power, you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control other than her Beloved.

JEALOUS PASSION
When this Star Sapphire attacks a figure adjacent to her Beloved, she may attack that figure one additional time.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; May 16th, 2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old March 29th, 2014, 01:13 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Is "Power of Love" going to be the Star Sapphire standard, or is it just for Carol?

I think that a 7/7 is a bit crazy at 6 Range, though it'd mitigated by the lack of Move boost. Maybe drop her Attack by one. I dunno, guess that'd be up to testing.

One thing I think could be interesting is making it so that ANY Unique Hero can be beloved, rather than just one you control. You'd need to put a qualifier into the second power (so it only triggers with your units), but it'd make for some cool setups for the second and help discourage podmaking. I doubt it'd be as good a choice as the bonding most of the time, but it'd be cool to make it an option at least. She's been at odds with Hal as often as they've been allies after all.
Old March 29th, 2014, 11:51 PM

I'm OK with folks making it for the whole faction or for it just being for Carol. If folks want to go another direction with other Star Sapphires, they could do something like "Violet Power Battery" that doesn't have the same Beloved set up.

I'm really wanting this version of Carol to represent the modern age Star Sapphire who's primarily allies with Hal. I actually have a riff on this for the silver age Star Sapphire who was more enemies with Hal where the Beloved works differently. I think it would be mechanically cleaner to stick with the Beloved being a figure you control here.

I think her stats (and number of markers) will be the big things to toggle for sure. We might go down to four markers and raise her defense by one as well.

My big thing is do you think the extra activation will be tempting enough to burn a marker? I think once she has a couple wounds, it'll probably be worth while, especially if her Beloved is engaged and she can get in that double attack. What do you guys think, though?

Old March 30th, 2014, 12:39 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I'm not too sure the burning a marker for the activation would be tempting enough. I suppose playtesting might bring it to light, but I hope that there aren't too many variables for playtesting to be helpful enough.

I feel like I want a definite answer to how the rest of the star sapphires are going to look before I feel completely comfortable here.
Old March 30th, 2014, 09:43 AM

Well that's kind of up to whomever LDs the rest of the Star Sapphires, isn't it?

Old March 30th, 2014, 09:56 AM

Should we start a faction thread to discuss what others want to see out of the entire faction here? I know what I want to see out of this Star Sapphire, but I don't have defined expectations for the entirety of the faction, so others will have to chime in with strong voices.

Old March 30th, 2014, 10:38 AM

Star Sapphire Faction

Old March 30th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I like johnny's idea, but if you want to save it for a different, version, it's no big deal.

I like the design overall, though I agree that it might not be very compelling to burn a marker for the extra turn. With a power, like that, it's tough to theoryscape.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old March 30th, 2014, 10:41 AM

I think part of it depends on how aggressive you want to play. One tweak I can think of that might make burning markers more appealing is to remove the Defense boost from it and give her a higher base Defense. That way you'd be giving up a bit less to use the power.

Old March 30th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think part of it depends on how aggressive you want to play. One tweak I can think of that might make burning markers more appealing is to remove the Defense boost from it and give her a higher base Defense. That way you'd be giving up a bit less to use the power.
That would definitely work. One of the biggest drawbacks to burning a marker is that it leaves a high-cost, lower Life figure very exposed.*

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Last edited by TrollBrute; March 30th, 2014 at 10:48 AM. Reason: *'Course, with her outfit, she's already pretty exposed. How much heat does that ring generate? :p
Old March 30th, 2014, 10:53 AM

Sounds like a good post-breathing period adjustment for her, then. Are we good with 7 base defense since she doesn't have a defensive power? Or do we want it at 6?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library