Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 31st, 2010, 01:56 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation
Fen_Hydra's Point Costing Formula

V1.5

The point of this is to provide a base for custom creation point costs. The formula provided is designed for creating mid-range (about 80-140) point heroes.

When using this, it will not produce accurate costs for figures that are supposed to be extremely cheap or figures like Jotun or Tor-Kul-Na.

Also note that not many special powers are available, but after I test more, more special powers will be added to the list.

This is not created to eliminate playtesting, just to reduce amounts needed.

Also, if you try to, you can probably find a way to create a broken figure in the mid-range point value using this formula. This formula is not intended for anything with extremely high or low values. (Ex: life of 8, or defense of 9, or attack of 7.)

Please note, again, that this is an approximate value. You will still need to playtest the custom for an accurate value. It is just designed to save a little time.

I cannot gurantee that this is accurate, but it so far has proven to get extremely close point values to final cards's point values.

If you have any suggestions for modifications/new special powers, post it here, and I'll add your name to the credits below.

The main thing that I try to use in the formula(s) is that multiple things have a factor in determining cost. If anyone thinks that a certain stat would influence a power I have listed, please let me know.

Playtesters welcome!

CREDITS:
Spoiler Alert!

If you do use this, please let me know how helpful it was with determining the cost.

This has been developed by extensively testing the cost against official HeroScape units.

Contributors: (to helping with improving the formula)
Spoiler Alert!

For playtesters:

Recommended Process:

(A custom figure is created to use this.)

1) Choose base stats (attack, defense, etc...)
2) Select special powers from the list (if any)
3) Add on custom powers
4) Determine cost, ignoring custom powers
5) Add on however much you think the custom power is worth
6) PLAYTEST!!
7) Subtract estimated cost (ignoring custom power) from point cost found to be accurate from playtesting
8) Report stats, powers, estimated cost, and final cost.

Special Powers:
Spoiler Alert!

UPDATES:
Spoiler Alert!

NOTICE:
As we are preparing to move, our house must be extremely clean.
Because of this, I can't really play any 'scape until our house sells.
Unfortuanately, I can't update this until our house sells and I am able to bring out my 'Scape again, but after that I will be able to update this.

Last edited by Fen_Hydra; February 13th, 2011 at 06:03 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions