Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 18th, 2007, 06:18 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent_Drake_8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
The Glads should definitely be your 1st choice for homing bonuses, but it never hurts to add a Blaster adjacent as well, especially against high-defense units. A 4-attack, 4-attack, 4-attack, 1-attack volley is going to do better than 4 threes, usually.
Blastrons can't really be used to boost homing device. Well, they can, but then you can't attack with them.
Depends on the order you attack. If you move 3 Blastatrons adjacent to a figure and shoot with the 4th, you can get your +3 bonus and, assuming you kill the figure, continue to fire with the other Blastatrons on other units (hopefully units you moved the Gladiatrons next to).
Old June 18th, 2007, 06:24 PM

Sargent_Drake_8 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Quote:
Quote:
The Glads should definitely be your 1st choice for homing bonuses, but it never hurts to add a Blaster adjacent as well, especially against high-defense units. A 4-attack, 4-attack, 4-attack, 1-attack volley is going to do better than 4 threes, usually.
Blastrons can't really be used to boost homing device. Well, they can, but then you can't attack with them.
Depends on the order you attack. If you move 3 Blastatrons adjacent to a figure and shoot with the 4th, you can get your +3 bonus and, assuming you kill the figure, continue to fire with the other Blastatrons on other units (hopefully units you moved the Gladiatrons next to).
Yes it's possible, but for the trouble it causes, I'd rather not take the chance of losing three of my attacks. That's the only advantage of squads.

Sarge is Torch...
aboard STARSHIP GAMMA...
Old June 19th, 2007, 06:20 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
The 1-attack guy is the one you moved adjacent to their fig. If the other 3 kill the fig, that guy is free to attack something else. If not, who knows - the 1 die might do something
Old June 19th, 2007, 06:42 AM

Jandars_Hope is surprisingly tart
These guys (with the gladiatrons) could be really devestation against a double-spaced figure! Get 2 squads of Glads around a double-spaced figure and then have height advantage with the B-trons would give you 10 attack each! Great way of taking down those Dragons; especially Charos!
Old August 23rd, 2007, 06:54 PM

Jandars_Hope is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Quote:
Quote:
Yes it's possible, but for the trouble it causes, I'd rather not take the chance of losing three of my attacks. That's the only advantage of squads.
Well what i've done on numerous occasions is get the Glads in between 2 of you opponents players and then have 2 blastatrons next to one of the opponents figures and 2 next to the other, this way the Blastatrons can attack figure they aren't adjacent to but still allow the other 2 to get the extra attack bonus. Hope that was understandable, i'm not great at explaining these types of things.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:34 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Non adjacent, . oh well, there goes my plan.

Though that may be a pretty effective Q9 counter-Send the G'trons in with movement bonding, then have the blasts move in and fire!
or just send 3 while leaving the other back
Old August 23rd, 2007, 08:04 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Engaging with two blasts is usually the most effective. 3-3-1-1.
Old August 26th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Don't forget they work well with the Warden so they could have more movement.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old August 27th, 2007, 02:14 AM

manger has disabled reputation
I've noticed that blastatrons are great at taking out Krav Maga Agents from range and here is why: you only get 1 attack die = 50%chance to get a skull (greater odds with a height advantage); now attacking the krav it doesnt matter if you get 1 skull or 50 you just have to hope that they just dont roll any shields (33% chance for a shield on each die + 3 dice), so you basically get 4 chances for a krav maga to not roll any shield thats roughly a 70% chance, thats as close to a guarantee in heroscape as you are going to get. Furthermore, the blastatrons are a much cheaper unit than the krav, even if they only kill 1 of them they almost make paygrade (15 points a blastatron versus 33.3 points per krav maga agent)
Old August 27th, 2007, 10:44 AM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
I employ this strategy often as part of Glad/Blast swarm. Sometimes, especially if you are facing a lower defense figure it is very advantagious to move up one or two Blastatrons to get the extra attack dice, especially if you feel you can defeat that figure and improve the engaged Blastatron's position to attack the next figure. You are engaging the Blast, but only temporarly until you free them with the attack from another Blastatron.

I also use this strategy when I am facing a higher defense opponent....say for example Q-9. I will always sacrifice a Blast to increase the number of dice I am rolling. Let say I have 3 Gladiatrons surrounding Q-9 and have 4 Blasts in range. I will march one of the Blasts up to Q-9 as well. This will give me 3 attacks of 5 instead of 4 attacks of 4. I'll take the extra dice against someone rolling 7 defense dice. I actually had this exact scenario in the main event at Gencon....on one of the rolls, I rolled 5 skulls and my opponent rolled 5 shields.....arrrggggh!
Old August 27th, 2007, 12:22 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
Well what i've done on numerous occasions is get the Glads in between 2 of you opponents players and then have 2 blastatrons next to one of the opponents figures and 2 next to the other, this way the Blastatrons can attack figure they aren't adjacent to but still allow the other 2 to get the extra attack bonus. Hope that was understandable, i'm not great at explaining these types of things.
I don't understand this! Say you have 4 Glads, 4 Blas attacking 2 opponent figures. You would move 2 Glads and 2 Blas to be adjacent to each figure, is that right? Remember you always have to attack an adjacent figure.

I find the combo 2Glads+1 Blas, or 3Glads+2Blas, is pretty good. I once killed both Q9s in a 3-way game with the 3Glads+2Blas. The limitation of this combo is the map. If the map has a bridge, for example, and you can't have your guys adjacent to the opponents, you are in trouble.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 12:36 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
What's the best ratio of Blasts to Glads, in your opinion?

I currently have one Blast and two Glads... I'm tempted to pick up another Blast pack to field 2B and 2G together so that I can more easily absorb a Blast loss without immediately losing squad strength.

Considering a 530pt army build.

Thoughts?

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units