Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old March 10th, 2017, 11:05 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Rum and Bones

The Kraken is much more brutal this time, and does not go away. It also, re activates on a good roll after taking damage. I read through a bunch of the cards before, but I find its a little different than when you are actually playing it on the table. I then read through the cards again after getting a feel for the game and man, its pretty sweet.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 11th, 2017, 10:02 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

A pal just got Second Tide. So I had my first game last week as The Deep Lords. It was lots of fun, although eventually I lost 8 to 3. But in the beginning I was pressing my opponent quite hard, and he was worried!

Among other things, the game featured a Captain's duel face to face, although others were involved. I look forward to playing it again.

Although I don't usually monkey around with a game's design until I've played it a bit, the one thing I would change is the programmed movement of the crew. Letting them move freely would make it a more interesting game, I think. But that's for the possible future.
Old March 11th, 2017, 10:39 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@chas , they opened the crew up a little bit from season 1. They used to have to move forward even if an enemy was on a space to their side. Now they can stay where they are and attack the guy to the side if they want. As far as letting them go anywhere, it would take away from the boarding feel of the pirate battle. Tell me how you feel about it after a few games. You can do quite a bit with the crew using the quartermaster figures especially.

Old March 28th, 2017, 11:36 PM
"like" happy

Well after much contemplating. I decided to paint my rum and bones miniatures. So far I primed the 4 factions from season 1. All the hero packs from season 1 and my core box of rum and bones 2nd tide. With all the stretch goals every hero pack available and the two new addon factions inbound within a week Ive got my work cut out for me. Ill have to say, just priming them black makes them look tons better. You can see all the details mich better. Im thinking ill paint the crews and brush them over with polyshades minwax walnut color and then depending on how well the come out ill do the heroes with army painters quickshade strong tone. Very exciting.

Old March 29th, 2017, 02:04 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

How many colors are you going to use on the crew before the polyshades minwax walnut color? I've always struggled with the quick painting of hordes.
Old March 29th, 2017, 10:19 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
How many colors are you going to use on the crew before the polyshades minwax walnut color? I've always struggled with the quick painting of hordes.
I'm going to use the model art on the box as a guide. With the rank and file crew and boson figures I'm going to do a basecoat only. The skin will be one color, and each color that is on the models art. I wont be doing any dry brushing or hi lighting. With the Black primer it should hide some of the imperfections and the polyshades with cover the rest. I'm going to brush it on to save using as much and to keep it from pooling too much. I'm actually pretty excited for this daunting task. First, I pressed some push pin thumb tacks into a formed cardboard box tray flipped over, I then applied some white tack to the head of each one. I pressed the base of the figures into that so I could hit them all with the flat black rustoleum primer. I did have to touch up a few of them after wards but it worked well. I'm going to do each crew model assembly style. So I'll get one model, and paint the 8 of him, then do the next model. I'm going to paint each model the same color scheme. It will save time.

Old March 30th, 2017, 10:14 AM
"like" happy

I've been thinking of doing a couple of Iconic Fantasy Pirates for the game. A Mercenary Captain Jack Sparrow for starters.

He'll have a basic sword attack that resembles other captains basic attacks.

He'll have an Ability called Jacks Compass, It will allow you to search your tide deck for the Rum card or maybe your opponent's rum card. Then maybe something about jacks pistol as an attack but not a basic one. I'll have enough pirates that I don't really need pirates per say, I just want to make a couple really fun ones that they didn't make.

Old March 30th, 2017, 12:50 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Kind of surprised they don't have a Jack Sparrow knock off already. CMON knocks off everyone in Zombicide. Maybe they fear Disney more than others.
Old March 30th, 2017, 01:38 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Kind of surprised they don't have a Jack Sparrow knock off already. CMON knocks off everyone in Zombicide. Maybe they fear Disney more than others.
Everyone Fears Disney It'd be pretty easy, I'm quite handy with greenstuff. It'd just take a little greenstuff and any random heroclix figure I have an extra of.

Old April 3rd, 2017, 10:18 AM
"like" happy

@Yodaking , I finally started painting some of my R&B models. I started with the Rum and bones core set with the Wellsport brotherhood crew. I already primed all my minis black. I couldn't help myself. I ended up using some 10 colors on the little squid head guy and another two colors on his plank base. The first one turned out great, so I brushed on some minwax polyshades walnut color. I used another clean brush to remove the excess and then let it sit for a bit. Afterwards it was quite easy to look at the one finished model and duplicate the results on the other like 7 models. Now that I have a system that works I should be able to fly through them. That minwax polyshades walnut is awesome. It makes em look just a little like dirty pirates. I'm betting the Heroscape figures have something similar on them. I'll post pics later of the squid head guy when I get home after work.

Old April 3rd, 2017, 04:29 PM
C3G Landlord

Looking forward to seeing them.
Old April 4th, 2017, 07:15 PM
"like" happy

Here is the first Painting update for my Rum and Bones painting quest:
Wellsport Brotherhood Deckhand 1 and Bosun

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games