Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

View Poll Results: Best Nightcrawler card. See current post
Nightcrawler 1 2 66.67%
Nightcrawler 2 1 33.33%
Nightcrawler 3 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 31st, 2011, 11:28 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Drewman-chu's Updated uncanny X-men Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
Quote:
Very interesting take on Storm I like that you used her phobia as well.
Thanks I saw claustrophobia on another card and liked it the theme even if it doesn't play out a lot.
One of the great things that Marvel really brought to the forefront is the "flawed hero". For that reason, I often will put a "negative" power on certain cards. You are right that it doesn't play out that often, but when it does, it adds a nice touch to the game. Having Wonder Man freeze up (death phobia) at a key point in a battle can be great fun.

In other words, I like it.
Old April 5th, 2011, 10:36 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
One of the great things that Marvel really brought to the forefront is the "flawed hero". For that reason, I often will put a "negative" power on certain cards. You are right that it doesn't play out that often, but when it does, it adds a nice touch to the game. Having Wonder Man freeze up (death phobia) at a key point in a battle can be great fun.

In other words, I like it
Thanks I do like to have a weakness on a card when it really fits and is part of the character. Like Wonderman. Here is updated Storm with Hix4 great idea.

Old April 7th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I like Storm, but her Lightning Strike just doesn't have enough 'umphfff' to me. Is a bolt of lightning really only going to have an attack of 4? But if you make it any stronger, does Storm become too powerful? What if you increase the attack but limit it to once a round?
Old April 10th, 2011, 09:34 AM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I like Storm, but her Lightning Strike just doesn't have enough 'umphfff' to me. Is a bolt of lightning really only going to have an attack of 4? But if you make it any stronger, does Storm become too powerful? What if you increase the attack but limit it to once a round?
What if I changed it so you could attack three times against the same figure? Or I could bump it up to 5 and limit it to 2 attacks against different figures. I would rather not do a very powerful once per round attack. I would like to hear what people think is a good balnce for Storm.
Old April 10th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thematically, I never got the sense that her lightning bolts were really on par with a heavy hitter (such as Thor's for instance). Personally, I would lean towards a medium strength attack.
Old April 11th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I guess I was looking at it as the theme of lightning itself versus Storm's lighting compared to Thor's lightning.

On the other hand, I can't really think of a time when Storm was creating a thunderstorm and striking people left and right with lightning. It seems to be something she uses almost as a last resort.
Old April 11th, 2011, 04:39 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree Balantai. It feels like lightning should pack more of a punch, but at the same time, I don't remember all that many times when Storm uses it. I think Drew made a nice balance so that Storm won't use it all that often, but it still has it's functions.

Old April 11th, 2011, 05:16 PM

Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker

Would be nice to see lightning strike be more like C3G's Thor's GOd of thunder strike, with a limit and tied to the 20 sided die..
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:26 PM

I updated Storm with a new lightning strike power. Which version of Lightning Strike do people prefer? I looked through many early issues and could only find her attacking a one person at a time with lightning. I think the 14 mightneed to be bumped up a little though. Too Powerful?

Last edited by Drewman-chu; April 12th, 2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old April 24th, 2011, 10:27 PM

It's been awhile so I'll add Banshee.

Old April 25th, 2011, 11:30 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Drewman-chu's Updated uncanny X-men Banshhe

I like Banshee, the only thing I could see becoming an issue with him is the Mutant immunity... What if the battles comes down to your Black Tom vs. my Banshee? Who wins? (I would assume) neither of us can attack each other.

Old April 26th, 2011, 05:40 PM

Re: Drewman-chu's Updated uncanny X-men Banshhe

Yes that would be a problem. It would have to end in a draw.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations