Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old September 9th, 2010, 12:31 PM

ltrain109 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: PreNovember PreRelease D&D Wave 3 Speculation & Informat

Long time lurker first time poster.

Been playing since Christmas 2009

Lots of speculation on Siege. I never played D&D but have started reading up on it with the new waves.

The Lord of Blades who is a Warforged is a Juggernaut class. In fact he is the only Warforged mini who is a Juggernaut class so why doesn't everyone think they will be using that sculpt?

It's the only existing Warforged Juggernaut sculpt out there.

Thanks
Old September 9th, 2010, 12:40 PM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for the stats, ClanCampbell. Sorry I didn't get down to Maryland to meet you recently. Yes, if Valkyrll is the "new Utgar," he'll catch up quickly, although I wouldn't project quite as far ahead as "D8" yet. Remember, the designers have said they are already running low on usable D&D figures. Perhaps, just like the repaint set of Quasatch and Granite Gardians, D&D Minis are just meant to be a profitable stopgap in future Scape production. Let's hope.

Vydar has finally caught up nicely, hasn't he? The overall balance looks pretty good, with a few more Aquillans needed.
Old September 9th, 2010, 12:41 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrain109 View Post

Lots of speculation on Siege. I never played D&D but have started reading up on it with the new waves.

The Lord of Blades who is a Warforged is a Juggernaut class. In fact he is the only Warforged mini who is a Juggernaut class so why doesn't everyone think they will be using that sculpt?

Thanks
I agree...and welcome to the boards.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old September 9th, 2010, 12:46 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Remember, the designers have said they are already running low on usable D&D figures.
When was this stated?
Old September 9th, 2010, 12:48 PM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Remember, the designers have said they are already running low on usable D&D figures.
When was this stated?
When they previewed the Goblin squad Truth said you could tell they were scraping the bottom of the barrel for squads. Its in the blog post.
Old September 9th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

Thanks
Well the Lord of Blades was suggested before although maybe Guru didn't see that. The thing is that the Lord of Blades is a unique character called the Lord of Blades, he's supposed to be special in the lore. Granted that doesn't mean they couldn't just use him anyway.

Now as for scraping the bottom of the barrel I think it has to do with the fact that most of the D&D Miniatures were 3.0-3.5th ed. designs and they want to use 4.0th ed. designs. 4th ed. designs didn't come about until much later. Not all of them have changed but some have so it makes it harder to do squads I am betting.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 9th, 2010, 01:09 PM
2-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Quote:
When was this stated?
When they previewed the Goblin squad Truth said you could tell they were scraping the bottom of the barrel for squads. Its in the blog post.
I think that was more of a reference to the goblins to scale for heroscape. Not for all dnd heroscape.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old September 9th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Quote:
When was this stated?
I think that was more of a reference to the goblins to scale for heroscape. Not for all dnd heroscape.
Perhaps, but Gbob has hinted in a few threads that the pool of mini's is not bottomless and that in the not so distant future they will be out of figures for (repainted) DnD wave releases. When that day comes is anyone's guess, as is what will happen to the line afterwords.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old September 9th, 2010, 01:22 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:

Thanks
Well the Lord of Blades was suggested before although maybe Guru didn't see that. The thing is that the Lord of Blades is a unique character called the Lord of Blades, he's supposed to be special in the lore. Granted that doesn't mean they couldn't just use him anyway.

Now as for scraping the bottom of the barrel I think it has to do with the fact that most of the D&D Miniatures were 3.0-3.5th ed. designs and they want to use 4.0th ed. designs. 4th ed. designs didn't come about until much later. Not all of them have changed but some have so it makes it harder to do squads I am betting.
I just went back through and the Lord of Blades figure was mentioned several time...but it was never pictured...so I think that is what the guru meant. Since that figure is a Warforged Juggernaught named Lord of Blades...my guess is that they will make an exception in this case.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old September 9th, 2010, 02:44 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I just went back through and the Lord of Blades figure was mentioned several time...but it was never pictured...so I think that is what the guru meant. Since that figure is a Warforged Juggernaught named Lord of Blades...my guess is that they will make an exception in this case.
That is my thought as well. It's a warforged figure who is a unique hero, an interesting sculpt, in the DDM game it is the only one with a 'Juggernaught' capability, and though it may be named, I'll bet that it is the one that is reused, cast into the new guise of Siege.

Quote:
Given the changing sculpt designs, it gets hard to put together a decent squad of 3-4 figures (hence why we are now seeing 2 figure squads, finally). I think they can still put together squads for driders, kobolds, halflings, yuan-ti, some sets of humans, some spiders, certain animals (e.g. dire wolves), and I'm sure a few others I'm not thinking of, but that's probably not much more than 2 decent waves unless they start moving into the newer figure sets. Still lots of room for uncommon and common heroes, but they are going to have to get back to making more sculpts again to provide more squads [and maybe that means we could see a new Master Set before D4 or D5].
Old September 9th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by faure View Post
Given the changing sculpt designs, it gets hard to put together a decent squad of 3-4 figures (hence why we are now seeing 2 figure squads, finally). I think they can still put together squads for driders, kobolds, halflings, yuan-ti, some sets of humans, some spiders, certain animals (e.g. dire wolves), and I'm sure a few others I'm not thinking of, but that's probably not much more than 2 decent waves unless they start moving into the newer figure sets. Still lots of room for uncommon and common heroes, but they are going to have to get back to making more sculpts again to provide more squads [and maybe that means we could see a new Master Set before D4 or D5].
Yeah its interesting what kind of squads they could make, there are limits on some types of creatures while there are plenty of others. Obviously they could make a ton of human, elf, dwarf, orc, etc. Heck they could make a squad of Fire Giants if they wanted. There are enough samurai and monks they could make squads of them. But there are some that would be limited to a 2 creature squad. This could be good or bad I guess.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 9th, 2010, 03:37 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

One other figure I found that looks like it could be recast as the Goliath Warden is the Mercykiller from Blood War. It appears to be a relatively large human that with the right repaint might look correct.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News