Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old September 9th, 2010, 01:59 AM

Dragoloth is surprisingly tart
Re: PreNovember PreRelease D&D Wave 3 Speculation & Informat

Siege could be the Helmed horror from underdark, the kolyarut from blood war, the spiker champion from Angelfire or the sword of glory from Giants of Legend.
Old September 9th, 2010, 02:40 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

For Siege I'm gonna go with the Warforged Infiltrator from Dungeon of Dread.

Personally I'd rather not have the Death Knight sculpt from that set, instead give me the Shade Knight with different paint.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 9th, 2010, 03:46 AM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
For Siege I'm gonna go with the Warforged Infiltrator from Dungeon of Dread.

Personally I'd rather not have the Death Knight sculpt from that set, instead give me the Shade Knight with different paint.

How would different paint at all help a Shade Knight look like a Death knight? They'd have to go the extra mile to 'draw' armor on him with the paint. That's too much work.
Old September 9th, 2010, 04:58 AM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Since someone mentioned the Death Knights I'm just going to add that of all the possibilities in this Wave, my biggest want is for the Death Knights to boost Zombies in some way. This would be most excellent.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old September 9th, 2010, 05:48 AM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker

I don't log on for a day. The Guru jumps in and stirs up a hornets nest. If the figures look good and the powers play well, then I'm pleased. (that ogre pulverizer looks like dingos kidneys to me)

With all the wild speculation going on, I'm surprized nobody decided to correct these two posts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow View Post
Just once I would like to see absolutely no Utgar (and by extension the new Valkrill) in a wave. We came close once--Wave 8, I believe but they threw in the Grok Riders. Of course, I have been saying this before D&D entered the picture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post
I would *love* to have a wave with no, or almost no, Utgar. How about making some room for the other fellas, big guy.
Zanafor's Discovery (Wave 4) Ullar/Vydar/Einar.
Raknar's Vision/Thaelunk Tundra (Wave 4.5) Jandar/Ullar/Vydar

Just pointing it out. But I agree that we've seen too much evil in the waves. I think that's why the Alliance was formed. To make all the other generals into one big one that could contend with the bad guy.

I am curious as to how the Alliance will be shaken up after the RoB scenario. So far all I can see is we've gotten a new Bad Guy. If anything it would strengthen the resolve of the Alliance. I have posted in another thread as to how it can be broken, but I don't think it will happen anywhere near how I described it. If at all.

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz

Last edited by Zorgophlats; September 9th, 2010 at 06:09 AM. Reason: More thoughts.
Old September 9th, 2010, 06:56 AM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

It probley isnt but maybe Molten Claw is the Githyanki Dragon knight but normally its the Rider with the name on the card not the mount.
Old September 9th, 2010, 10:51 AM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorgophlats View Post
I don't log on for a day. The Guru jumps in and stirs up a hornets nest. If the figures look good and the powers play well, then I'm pleased. (that ogre pulverizer looks like dingos kidneys to me)

With all the wild speculation going on, I'm surprized nobody decided to correct these two posts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow View Post
Just once I would like to see absolutely no Utgar (and by extension the new Valkrill) in a wave. We came close once--Wave 8, I believe but they threw in the Grok Riders. Of course, I have been saying this before D&D entered the picture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post
I would *love* to have a wave with no, or almost no, Utgar. How about making some room for the other fellas, big guy.
Zanafor's Discovery (Wave 4) Ullar/Vydar/Einar.
Raknar's Vision/Thaelunk Tundra (Wave 4.5) Jandar/Ullar/Vydar

Just pointing it out. But I agree that we've seen too much evil in the waves. I think that's why the Alliance was formed. To make all the other generals into one big one that could contend with the bad guy.

I am curious as to how the Alliance will be shaken up after the RoB scenario. So far all I can see is we've gotten a new Bad Guy. If anything it would strengthen the resolve of the Alliance. I have posted in another thread as to how it can be broken, but I don't think it will happen anywhere near how I described it. If at all.
I think the addition of Valkrill was the change that was hinted at. Its important for all the Generals who drafted adventure party characters to get along.

I don't think we'll get any non evil releases as long as we're doing the DnD dance. They said that DnD is mostly evil creatures and that the addition of Valkrill was to channel a little of that away from Utgar. Meaning DnD releases will always be Utgar/Valkrill heavy.
Old September 9th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Watch Valkrill pass pour Aquilla.

Aquillla has 12 (I think) cards, but she has been around since AA/TJ. Valkrill makes a third of that in one pack. He is going to catch her quick.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." ~Albert Einstein

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old September 9th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GromBloodboy View Post

Aquillla has 12 (I think) cards, but she has been around since AA/TJ. Valkrill makes a third of that in one pack. He is going to catch her quick.
Well if she wasn't so easy.........

I SMOKE ROCKS!
Old September 9th, 2010, 12:03 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GromBloodboy View Post

Not just Aquilla...watch out Vydar! He's only got like 19 or 20 cards, and he's been around since the beginning!
Old September 9th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I have the sinking feeling that a DnGer will jump in here soon to point out how WOTC is ruining the game by not growing a particular general in a particularly way fast (or slow) enough... Maybe I can preemptively toss out some of the qualms:

1) Frost Giants for utgar? WOTC is ruining the factions of "classic" scape! ALL IS LOST!

2) No heroes for Valkrill in the new release? WOTC totally dropped the ball! SCAPE IS RUINED!

3a) Too much for Utagr! He's just growing to fast! THE END IS NIGH!

3b) Not Enough for Utgar, he's supposed to be the big bad guy! THE SKY IS FALLING!

4) (insert generals name here) should have gotten (insert new army card here)! WHY WOULD WOTC DO THIS TO ME! I WISH I WERE DEAD!

5a) To much DnD lore is seeping into the Scape world! WOTC is tricking us all into playing a DnD minis game! THIS WILL NOT STAND!

5b) There's not enough effort to sync up the lore of DnD with the lore of scape! CHROMATIC DRAGONS ARE ALL EVIL! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Now that I read them over I realize that none of these are actually preemptive... just asinine complaints I've read over the past 5 months or so!

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old September 9th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

These will be the totals after the release of D3,

Utgar 72
Jandar 32
Einar 32
Ullar 28
Vydar 24
Aquilla 15
Valkrill 4

With the given Utgar/Valkrill flood that were expected to see, Utgar will remain supreme in total units. Valkrill could likely pass Aquilla and maybe even Vydar in 3 to 4 more releases. Valkrill could, in all honesty, take second on the above board by wave D8.

72 tournaments. 173 - 142 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

My goal, play every official 'scape unit in a tournament at least once. 149 down, 55 to go!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News