Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 26th, 2009, 02:59 AM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker
Re: Vancouver WA Tournament - April 25th

Its 11pm now, I just finished the above post....and have decided to just post a link to pics of the day.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/al...6981203&ref=nf
Old April 26th, 2009, 04:26 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker

BATTLE REPORTS

My army: Iron Man, Braxas, Me-Burq-Sa, and my bloody-red painted Dumutef Guard (525 pts)

Round 1 vs Greg Sr - Thanos, Sentinels of Jandar, Deathreavers, Isamu (520 pts)
on Bloody Hills (no glyphs)

As expected, Greg moved Thanos out first and started blasting away while I sent out Iron Man and Braxas. Braxas took down Thanos with her Acid Breath and Thanos never returned, so it was a pretty easy mop up affair after that. Greg managed to get both Braxas and Iron Man down to one life, so he did get a bunch of points destroyed even though all my figures were still alive.

WIN (1-0)

Round 2 vs Laura - Captain America, 3 x Microcorps Agents (520 pts)
on Cold Canyon (Common Attack, Unique Attack)

Laura wasn't too thrilled to face me and Braxas again after our meeting in the NHSD tournament (which was also on an arctic map), but she was her usual gracious self. While she advanced Captain America and some agents, I approached with Iron Man, then launched Braxas on a typical suicide run to destroy whatever I could before dying. I wasn't able to melt the Capster, but did take down several Microcorps before dropping. Iron Man then joined the fun and finished off the rest of her agents and dispatched Capt. A with minor assistance from Me-Burq-Sa.

WIN (2-0)

Round 3 vs Chuck - Captain America, Zetacron, 2 x Minions of Utgar, Marcu Esenwein (520 pts)
on Dark Forest Paths, (Common Attack, Common Attack)

Another day, another nail-bitingly close match against Chuck. Braxas charged ahead, but only took down 2 Minions before dying, so I was doubtful about my chances after that. But Iron Man was a beast, taking down Captain America, Zetacron and 2 or 3 Minions (much thanks to Chuck's dice who seemed to forget that they had shields on them) before falling to the Minions vicious axes. Me-Burq-Sa killed one Minion before dropping, and it came down to my Dumutef against Marcu Esenwein with two wounds, both still back in their respective starting zones.

We each moved ahead one turn, then Marcu flipped. I wanted to position him where I could then get my Dumutef at height, but it just wouldn't work, so I parked the vampire thing in the middle of the road. My Dumutef then rushed ahead with road-aided speed and strength and stuck a couple more wounds on Marcu. We spent one more turn blocking each others attacks (complete with moans and groans of course), before the bloody Dumutef Guard pulled out the win.

WIN (3-0)

Round 4 vs Jacob - Thanos, 4 x Deathreavers (520 pts)
on Fire Isles (Common Attack, Unique Attack glyphs)

I knew I was going to have trouble against this evil combination (any army with a bunch of rats is pretty evil, really), and Jacob didn't surprise me at all. Braxas moved ahead as usual and managed to kill only one stinking rat before Thanos tore her apart. Iron Man didn't fare much better, only dropping two rats. I think I put two wounds on Thanos, but obviously, it wasn't enough. Me-Burq-Sa and the Dumutef didn't do anything worthwhile either, so it was a thorough beatdown by Jacob.

LOSS (3-1)

Round 5 vs Chuck - Captain America, Zetacron, 2 x Minions of Utgar, Marcu Esenwein (520 pts)
on Road Rampage (Common Attack, Unique Attack)

After our previous battle, a rematch against Chuck was welcome. After all, the close battles are always the most exciting. Chuck placed Capt. A, Zetacron and his Minions on one of the hills to the side of the bridge (which had height on just about everything except the bridge) and proceeded to shoot big holes in Braxas, who I had parked on the Unique Attack glyph. The beefed up Iron Man flew up to the bridge and starting mowing down Minions, Zetacron and Marcu. Before Braxas died, I charged her off the glyph, but only dropped one or two Minions before being finished off (by a Capt. A shield throw I believe).

With just Capt. A left, we both knew that Iron Man had the advantage of mobility and range, so I kept Iron Man on the bridge where the Capster couldn't move close enough to negate height and still be able to attack. After a few turns of shots back and forth, Me-Burq-Sa moved up on the bridge, which was kind of stupid since it just gave the Captain one more target to bounce his shield off of. But the position of Iron Man proved to be too much, and the Captain fell.

WIN (4-1)

Round 6 vs Greg Jr. - The Incredible Hulk, Cyprien Esenwein (520 pts)
on Off Center (Common Attack, Unique Attack)

Greg Jr and I had tested our armies against each other several times before the tournament and we knew that it would all come down to Braxas. If Braxas could melt the Hulk, I would almost certainly win. But it had been several weeks since we had played and I think Greg Jr. forgot the most important aspect of his strategy against my army: not getting both of his guys within range of a Braxas acid breath attack.

The Unique Attack glyph was within range of Me-Burq-Sa in the starting zone, so I used my first OM to park the warlord there to beef up Iron Man. Greg Jr. sent Cyprien up and two turns later, Me-Burq-Sa was toast. Iron Man then moved up to the middle of the map and started taking shots at Cyprien. Greg Jr. wanted to get to Braxas, but she was out of range so he moved over to attack Iron Man, with no luck. Iron Man stuck a few wounds on the vampire, then the Hulk jumped up in to the fray. This was a big mistake, because it left both of his units within strike range of Braxas. She promptly moved up and melted them both in one turn with an 18 on Cyprien and a 20 for the Hulk. Needless to say Greg Jr. was not happy. The match took maybe five minutes to complete.

After turning in our score sheets, we tried a rematch just for fun and he beat me pretty easily.

WIN (5-1)

Round 7 vs Paul (Bahde) - Khosumet, 6 x Anubian Wolves (525 pts)
on Dark Forest Paths (20-sider, Common Attack)

In a strange quirk of the tournament match-up software, the two 5-1 players were not paired together for the final match. I really didn't mind though, because that other 5-1 player was Jacob who trounced me in round 4.

I started by moving Iron Man up to the Common Attack glyph, just to prevent Paul from getting it. Paul moved forward with his wolves, but only one was able to reach Iron Man. His D20 roll for the turn resulted in a mere 4 dice attack, so I shouldn't be too worried, right? I mean, 4 attack vs 6 defense and 4 life shouldn't be too big a deal, right?. But 4 skulls and 0 shields later, Iron Man was dead. Crap!

It was all up to Braxas. She charged ahead and proceeded to melt every wolf she could reach. By the time she reached Paul's starting zone, she was bleeding profusely and there was just Khosumet and 3 wolves left back there (plus one Anubian who had made it behind Braxas and took out Me-Burq-Sa and the Dumutef in my starting zone. On Braxas' final turn she tried to melt the 3 Anubians, but only got one of them. All told, Braxas took down 13 Anubians, but obviously, that was 2 Anubians and a Khosumet short of victory.

LOSS (5-2)

Except for my two battles against Chuck, I think I was always involved in the quickest match of each round, which is nice. I like being able to walk around and see how the other games are going and try to get a glimpse of other people's strategies before possibly playing them in later rounds. I still haven't managed to play Ross (rdhight) yet, but I'm sure it will happen sooner or later (and hopefully he won't be using those @&#!$* blasts/glads ). It was good to see some new faces and all the familiar ones again, even if there were several notable absences.

As always, it was another great day of 'scaping and thanks go out once again to Paul and family for getting this all set up.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old April 26th, 2009, 10:10 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

Sorry that I wasn't able to make it.. looks like a good time was had.

For the record, I was going to bring Q9, Zetacron, Krav Maga, and Zelrig.

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old April 27th, 2009, 02:06 AM

Megadev, I was checking on that software - and its built in to try and avoid repeat matchups when possible (if the other factors are close?) but I think maybe next time we will have to see about a change in that. I dont know enough about resetting the pairings to try that on the fly in the last round, but I will look at that before the next event.
Old April 27th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahde View Post
Its 11pm now, I just finished the above post....and have decided to just post a link to pics of the day.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/al...6981203&ref=nf
I can't get to these pics. Can anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 27th, 2009, 02:48 PM

I will try to post them directly on here later today then.
Old April 28th, 2009, 02:47 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Sounds like it was a lot of fun; couldn't stand knowing that your guys were playing and I couldn't be there. Me and my crew will be back with a vengeance next time around.

Just for the record, I would have brought Braxas, Knights of Weston x3, Sir Gilbert.
Old April 29th, 2009, 06:17 PM

Oestedb is surprisingly tart

Paul, I am glad to see you did so well with the wolves. I was thinking of bringing Khosumet, 4 wolves and Venom. I am very disappointed I was unable to make it this time. It is about time the wolves rocked a tournament though.
Old April 29th, 2009, 10:45 PM

I think I got the primary names right on these, in some there are audiences I didnt name though...just the competitors.

Donations....

A view of the whole room...

Chuck v Megadev....

GMV v Louisa...

Amy v MaryBeth...

McLeod v Eldon...

Ross v

Jake v McLeod...

Last edited by Bahde; April 29th, 2009 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Bahde....has tried working his mojo on the pics to make em bigger.....you will have to squint. *Shrug*

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events