Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old March 21st, 2012, 01:15 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
You could be melee in all the games (didn't try it in 3) but I had pure melee characters in the first 2 Fallouts.
Didn't say you couldn't. Said this was the best one for it, especially on a second or further playthrough where you can know which plot path it works best with.

~Aldin, bashing smashing and crashing

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 21st, 2012, 03:38 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
*pounds fist on table*

Well, that settles it. I'm off to get Fallout: New Vegas. Thanks Aldin and jschild.
My suggestion is to play Hardcore Mode right away, even though it makes the game tough. Don't be tempted to turn it off 10 hours in! I guarantee you will be glad you survived the wasteland the REAL way

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old March 21st, 2012, 03:44 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You know what they say about taking advice from masochists...

~Aldin, painfully

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 25th, 2012, 02:48 AM

Altron_ZERO Woo who?

Quote:
Ok, so I really enjoyed Fallout 3. Now I suddenly have a yearning to get New Vegas, seeing as how people have said it is harder than Fallout 3, and there is much, much more replayability in this game. My question is it worth $40 to grab this on Steam with all of the DLC, and have the major glitches/bugs been fixed?
I enjoyed New Vegas as well, the combat was much better. But I think overall 3 was more enjoyable for me. You should check out the project Nevada mod btw, adds a ton of cool UI stuff and a couple other enhancers to the game without imbalancing the game. I think my main disappointment with New Vegas though was that there were too many empty locations or buildings that you just couldnt go in, while in fallout 3 you could enter almost any building.

Edit: Also I had some weird experiences with hardcore mode. When I did the first fight with the powder gangers on hardcore mode, they all dropped ridiculous weapons like the anti matter rifle, plasma rifles, and all kinds of stuff. Kinda screwed up the progression of the game for me lol.

Old March 25th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So, thoughts on Fallout New Vegas. Pros and cons.

Good: Awesome setting as usual, with sooooo much to do. It seems anyone I talk to has a quest for me, which is great. Combat is still clunky if out of VATS, but it's fun nonetheless.

Bad: Ok, I had little to complain about until an hour ago. A few freezes and such, but nothing too serious. But when it hits you with some BS, it really hits you. I decided to try and give Dead Money a go. I got through most of it, but eventually I had to kill Dean Domino. As I was making my way through the backstage, I slowly started to lose health and had to keep using Stimpaks. Well, I've watched gameplay of the part of youtube, and nobody else trying to kill Dean starts to slowly die. No matter where I go, I lose health from...poison? Nothing, it seems like. After dying dozens of times, I credited it to a glitch/bug, and since I did the insanely stupid move of not leaving a save file open from before I started the Dead Money quest, I essentially have to scrap my character and restart the entire game. So yeah, pretty ticked off at the moment. 20 hours down the drain.
Old March 25th, 2012, 03:38 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
So, thoughts on Fallout New Vegas. Pros and cons.

Good: Awesome setting as usual, with sooooo much to do. It seems anyone I talk to has a quest for me, which is great. Combat is still clunky if out of VATS, but it's fun nonetheless.

Bad: Ok, I had little to complain about until an hour ago. A few freezes and such, but nothing too serious. But when it hits you with some BS, it really hits you. I decided to try and give Dead Money a go. I got through most of it, but eventually I had to kill Dean Domino. As I was making my way through the backstage, I slowly started to lose health and had to keep using Stimpaks. Well, I've watched gameplay of the part of youtube, and nobody else trying to kill Dean starts to slowly die. No matter where I go, I lose health from...poison? Nothing, it seems like. After dying dozens of times, I credited it to a glitch/bug, and since I did the insanely stupid move of not leaving a save file open from before I started the Dead Money quest, I essentially have to scrap my character and restart the entire game. So yeah, pretty ticked off at the moment. 20 hours down the drain.
That sucks. After all the bugs I had heard about for this game, I kept a minimum of 12 saves at a time, and always at least one from before I started the current quest line. It shouldn't be that way, but as a long time CRPG player, I learned my lesson many times over.

"Anti"-Oxymoron
I'm anti-fashion, anti-religion
Anti-police and anti-system;
Anti-commercial and anti-prison,
Anti, anti-everything.
Old March 25th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sadly any Bethesda/Obsidian game should be treated like a virulent mess even after it's been out for a while.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old March 25th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Sadly any Bethesda/Obsidian game should be treated like a virulent mess even after it's been out for a while.
Yes, I've learned this the hard way. From now on, multiple save files. I guess this time I'll go with a Sneak/Melee combo to take out enemies in style.
Old March 25th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!

Guild Wars 2 has gone above and beyond expectations. ArenaNet knows how to make a game!

I'm a F18, bro.
Old March 25th, 2012, 08:08 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Yeah! I'm Here View Post
Guild Wars 2 has gone above and beyond expectations. ArenaNet knows how to make a game!
I'm just checking out the features now - It looks pretty fun, and much more in-depth than the first Guild Wars game.

I got Team Fortress 2 yesterday on Steam for free. I love it!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Old March 25th, 2012, 09:42 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

Hopefully it will be fun for multiple playthroughs(something I thought the first game sorely lacked). Also, if they can make the areas not feel as cramped as the first game's areas did (often), that will be awesome!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old March 25th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Quote:

Hopefully it will be fun for multiple playthroughs(something I thought the first game sorely lacked). Also, if they can make the areas not feel as cramped as the first game's areas did (often), that will be awesome!
I've gone into different story lines with other people, and this thing has insane replayability story wise, as well as game wise. No two stories should be the same, that you will encounter, and the world feels far from cramped.

I'm a F18, bro.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games