Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old November 3rd, 2008, 07:25 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Exclamation MI Monthly Game Day (Game-1 Day-1) January 24, 2009

Michigan Monthly Game Day

BLUE DRAGON GAMES
45581 Mound Rd, Utica, MI
(586) 323-6700‎

Game days will be the third Saturday of every month. Each day there is a $5.00 entry fee, plus the option to bring a prize for the prize table. Setup & player signup will begin at 12:00 Noon, gaming will start at 1:00 PM, and all should finish before 7:00 PM. New players are more than welcome, arrive an hour early and request a demonstration game, HeroScape is very easy to learn. Competitive players can keep track of their daily scores, there will be two champions named each year, for summer and winter. Casual players may simply enjoy the friendly games each month and do not have to fret over their daily scores.

With the scoring method used, it is possible for a player to be beaten by someone with less wins, so how well you play the game is just as much if not more important than simply winning. It is even possible to win the championship by attending as few as 3 days, although it is very difficult to get that many points.

Every game you play is a chance to earn points: 0 points for a loss, 1 point for a win or tie, 0-4 points for strength of schedule, 0-5 points for how much of your opponent’s army you destroy, and 0-5 points for how much of your army survives. At the end of each day, starting with the player with the highest score, players will each choose a prize from the available prizes until they are all gone. Daily prizes will include at least 1 figure pack for every 4 players to sign up that day. On the sixth day everyone’s final score will be determined by adding up each player’s daily points from their best 5 days. The player with the highest final score will receive $100.00 store credit at Blue Dragon Games.

Each day players will play 5 games; there are no eliminations or buys so no one ever sits a game out. If an odd number of players sign up the person hosting the event will fill the extra seat. This is the first season so all 6 days will be using the same rules to keep it simple. Each day you may bring a different army. The army you bring must be used for all 5 games that day. 750 Point Army, 24 Starting Spaces. No Proxy Figures. No MARVEL. Only official White, Red/Blue, or Valkyrie dice allowed. A 5-10 minute brake between games. Each game will be limited to 60 minutes, allowing the current round to be completely finished when the timer goes off, unless the first turn has not yet been taken. Battlefield maps have yet to be chosen, and will be posted online. The latest rules found in the 3rd edition rule books, and official FAQ, will be enforced. All players are expected to understand enough of these rules to play the game.

Players that may be attending various days:
Damja
MI_Tiger
MI_Tiger's Son
ZBeeblebrox
chaosraven
StarofEarendil
ParaGoombaSlayer

(New Tournament Date, since next to no one could make the 17th)
Players that ARE attending January 24th:
Draconious
MI_Tiger
MI_Tiger's Son
ParaGoombaSlayer
?
(Need at least 2 more...)

This is what the score sheet will likely look like for each season:

This is a test run of the score system, with 6 players playing 5 games.

Not Yet Official Map Choices:

http://s88452779.onlinehome.us/HeroS...OnTheRocks.hsc

http://s88452779.onlinehome.us/HeroS...oadLowRoad.hsc

http://s88452779.onlinehome.us/HeroS...AC_IceFlow.hsc
(I need some one to bring this one, I do not have any Tundra! terrain)

http://s88452779.onlinehome.us/HeroS...AC_JungleX.hsc

Last edited by Draconious; January 24th, 2009 at 08:12 AM.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 08:06 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!
Re: Michigan - 2009 Winter Championship $100 (Next Game: DEC

I can do Michigan games on weekdays, but weekends are out for me. Sorry!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old November 3rd, 2008, 10:42 PM
Twenty Questioner

TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker

I wish I could. Too much in a limited time. Sounds like fun though.

-TMM

To be the man, you have to beat the man!
Old November 4th, 2008, 04:28 AM

marv_art has disabled reputation

Too far for me to drive, sorry...Need players in Grand Rapids...
Old November 4th, 2008, 02:32 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Michigan 2009 Winter Championship $100, Next Game: JAN 1

I changed the first day to January 10th... to give more notice.
Old November 4th, 2008, 04:50 PM

Would it be better or worse if the prize was $100 store credit at Blue Dragon? They would prefer I do that... instead of give cash.
Old November 4th, 2008, 06:36 PM

Heroscaper101 Woo who?

Sounds fun but where is Utica? Or the blue dragon?
Old November 4th, 2008, 07:10 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!

Wow.. this sounds like fun.

Unfortunately that's too much of a time commitment for me.. Maybe I'll swing by one night just to pick up spare games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious View Post
Would it be better or worse if the prize was $100 store credit at Blue Dragon? They would prefer I do that... instead of give cash.
Dollar ammounts being equal, on what planet does cash not trump everything?
Old November 5th, 2008, 02:12 AM

chaosraven is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I will check my work schedule to see if I can commit to this, but would love to play.

Store Credit is fine on my end.
Old November 5th, 2008, 06:14 AM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper101 View Post
Sounds fun but where is Utica? Or the blue dragon?
Utica is a northern suburb of Detroit. It would be a similar drive to the one you had to Ann Arbor in terms of time.

damja is a Venoc Viper...
in THE SPARKLY CAVE
Old November 5th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Seeing how I'm not old enough to drive and am more then a hour away, it dosen't look like it for me.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." ~Albert Einstein

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old November 5th, 2008, 08:28 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Sorry, but two Saturday's a month is too much. Why not spread it out over a longer period, say once a month.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events