Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 2nd, 2008, 07:03 AM

meatcircus Woo who?
New here...

Alright. I decided to give up on Magic because it was too stinking expensive (I had to spend about $300 on a deck just to compete with the Friday Night Magic guys, and still couldn't win on a regular basis). I bought Heroscape for my boys (7 and 6) a while back to play together with, so I figured I would start playing this more often instead. It was just as fun, and not nearly as expensive.

So I find this handy forum here, and get all excited that it seemed like a pretty serious past time to get into, only to find out that people are just as rabid about collecting Heroscape figures as they are Magic cards.

What is a Wave? And why do I suddenly feel like I have been missing out on purchasing all kinds of unique and valuable pieces, and now I have to go on ebay and start collecting?
Old May 2nd, 2008, 07:24 AM

NEMT knows what's in an order marker NEMT knows what's in an order marker
Re: New here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatcircus View Post
Alright. I decided to give up on Magic because it was too stinking expensive (I had to spend about $300 on a deck just to compete with the Friday Night Magic guys, and still couldn't win on a regular basis). I bought Heroscape for my boys (7 and 6) a while back to play together with, so I figured I would start playing this more often instead. It was just as fun, and not nearly as expensive.

So I find this handy forum here, and get all excited that it seemed like a pretty serious past time to get into, only to find out that people are just as rabid about collecting Heroscape figures as they are Magic cards.

What is a Wave? And why do I suddenly feel like I have been missing out on purchasing all kinds of unique and valuable pieces, and now I have to go on ebay and start collecting?
Don't worry about ebay right now, as a matter of fact I would recommend avoiding it. A wave is an expansion for the game and wave eight is releasing June 13, so you are a little behind if you think of it as "I need it all now". Everything that has been made for 'scape will be re-released at some point in the future, so no need to pay sky high prices. I myself have only been playing since Xmas and have been able to amass a decent sized collection, I recommend reading up on as much info as you can and looking through the books for figures that interest you and then deciding what you like the most and start collecting that way.

If and when you decide you want more, Billtog has made an online shopping guide that shows where to find it and the prices, all in one place.

Welcome to the site and the game.
NEMT

Great trades with Just_a_Bill, Topher, Feekonea, Worseley, Just_a_Bill, The Silver Surfer, Xaqery, Just_a_Bill, insomnimaniac, stubobj and CheddarLimbo.

Last edited by NEMT; May 3rd, 2008 at 07:34 PM. Reason: fixed misspelled word
Old May 2nd, 2008, 07:25 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A wave is a set of four different small booster packs, released simultaneously. Hasbro/WotC tries to release a couple new waves a year. Each individual wave has 20 figures or more, and there are eight waves in all, so it's how they release the bulk of the figures in the game. In between new releases, the old ones are supposed to get re-distributed every so often as well. This is a good resource if you want to look up which figures are packaged together and which packs are in each wave:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...pe_supplements

As for collecting... there really isn't all that much hunting to do. There are five exclusives that will definitely cost you, and five TRU-only flagbearers that are another money-sink compared to other ways of spending your Heroscape dollar, but that's about it. As far as waves are concerned, finding or not finding Heroscape has more to do with supply, demand, and the retarded toy distribution system than with artificial rarity levels.

Welcome to the addiction!
Old May 2nd, 2008, 07:37 AM

Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby!

Welcome to the site!
Old May 2nd, 2008, 07:46 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Welcome to the game and to the site, meatcircus.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 08:12 AM

meatcircus Woo who?

Thanks everybody! And thanks for clearing up the wave thing for me. I can imagine the wife rolling her eyes as I describe to her having to purchase the latest wave of Heroscape figures. At least this time, it's for the kids *wink*wink*

I found this site while I was looking around for a way to replace one of the samurai figures from the origional set. The leg snapped on it, and I glued it. Then the leg snapped again. My older boy ended up throwing it way because he thought it was no good.

Anyway, I went to hasbro to order a replacement piece, but found no way to do that. I sent an email, but I don't expect a return. So it looks like I'll have to go to ebay (as much as I'd like to avoid it) to get a set of those figures. I'd prolly keep the extras around for modifying later.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 08:34 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Actually, a lot of people around here buy zillions of master sets just to have the terrain. You could probably get someone to send you some spare Izumi Samurai without needing eBay.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 08:44 AM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker

Welcome to the site.

And unlike Magic cards, Waves are not blind! you know what you need, you go to the store (online or brick and mortor) and you buy it. Like someone said in a previous post, all past waves will be released again so no need to pay ebay prices. You can even see a copy of the card here on this site to see if it is a unit you would like. print it out and see how it plays. then go buy! (don't forget that part)

Old May 2nd, 2008, 08:57 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Which Samurai do you need? PM me with your address and I'll send it to you.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 09:05 AM

meatcircus Woo who?

@wabbie
good point. I don't have to buy dozens of packs to get what I want. I wouldn't make a big deal about the samurai, but I think I'd like to make a samurai army.

@Jim
that would be amazing of you. I'll pm you the info. Nice signature btw...
Old May 2nd, 2008, 12:07 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Welcome aboard, meatcircus!

~Aldin, stogie-ly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 2nd, 2008, 12:12 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Welcome to the site! You seem to be pretty well taken care of so far. I can only add that you can't go wrong with a samurai army. Especially Kaemon Awasome.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion