Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old April 2nd, 2008, 12:06 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
My flocked terrain and trees (from Grish's Tuts)

I finally got around to taking some pictures of my flocked terrain and my jungle trees that I did following Grish's awesome tutorials. Please keep in mind that my camera is only a 2 magapixel camera, therefore the pictures are crappy and they show very little detail. It looks much better in person IMO. Also keep in mind that I did deviate from the tutorial when it came to paint color. I know that most people prefer the all green grass tiles with green flock. This was a hard decision for me as I like that look too, but I also like the look of Gidian's green on brown. I decided to go with Gidian's color scheme for the grass. I also decided to go with real sand on the sand tiles and used paint only on the rock tiles. Thanks a ton Grish for all the hard work you have put in to these tutorials, without which, I could never even attempt this.

[img]
http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/7731/scape024rq7.jpg[/img]

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 12:15 PM

dracothehalfdragon has disabled reputation
Cool.

No more giant sigs
Old April 2nd, 2008, 12:29 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death!
Re: My flocked terrain and trees (from Grish's Tuts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo
I finally got around to taking some pictures of my flocked terrain and my jungle trees that I did following Grish's awesome tutorials. Please keep in mind that my camera is only a 2 magapixel camera, therefore the pictures are crappy and they show very little detail. It looks much better in person IMO. Also keep in mind that I did deviate from the tutorial when it came to paint color. I know that most people prefer the all green grass tiles with green flock. This was a hard decision for me as I like that look too, but I also like the look of Gidian's green on brown. I decided to go with Gidian's color scheme for the grass. I also decided to go with real sand on the sand tiles and used paint only on the rock tiles. Thanks a ton Grish for all the hard work you have put in to these tutorials, without which, I could never even attempt this.
Please, you are more than welcome. I'm glad I've got this community to discuss custom terrain with and have people try various ways of doing this. Everyone has their own take on customizing and yours came out great looking. It doesn't have to look like mine or Gidians's or anybody's. It's what works for you.

Your trees look good. I can see you followed my tutorial pretty much as I wrote it. If you haven't done so yet the next time you play try the plus one defense against ranged attack. It works pretty well and adds a new dimension to the game. Also, the next time you are in a customizing mood try to make some more ground plants as well. The add to the game and help fill in the jungle "look".

Just know that now that you've finished this the customizing bug will have bitten you and you will want to add even more. Post more pictures when you do!

My Custom Terrain Thread: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=448
My tribute site to TFT/Melee & Wizards: http://www.meleewizards.com/
Old April 2nd, 2008, 12:36 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
You did a great job man. I love the way it looks. I echo grish about adding more fauna. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing more.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 12:40 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: My flocked terrain and trees (from Grish's Tuts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh
Your trees look good. I can see you followed my tutorial pretty much as I wrote it. If you haven't done so yet the next time you play try the plus one defense against ranged attack. It works pretty well and adds a new dimension to the game.
Yep, I followed your tut on the trees as close as possible. I can't believe how much better that they make a battlefield look. The pictures just do not do them justice. As for the custom rules for them, I was planing on looking them up and trying them out.

Quote:
the next time you are in a customizing mood try to make some more ground plants as well. The add to the game and help fill in the jungle "look".
Aye. I made a couple of ground plants out of the palm leaves that are not shown in the pictures. Unfortunately I am running out of extra tiles that I can use for customs. The plants will have to wait until I find someone selling some cheap tile sets.

Quote:
Just know that now that you've finished this the customizing bug will have bitten you and you will want to add even more. Post more pictures when you do!
You got that right. I already caught it and I can't wait until the next project. I still have to flock my swamp terrain, that will most likely be next.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 12:55 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Wow...very nice. Would love to see something like this in person.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 12:56 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker
That's excellent work, Keglo. I get the feeling that this is a small deserted island. I really, really like your rock tiles.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 01:14 PM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker
Great job! Is that Forsaken Waters battlefield?

Old April 2nd, 2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit94
Great job! Is that Forsaken Waters battlefield?
Aye, it is Forsake Waters.

Thanks for all the compliments guys.

Old April 3rd, 2008, 12:54 AM

Dread Lord Hep has disabled reputation
Those sand tiles are brilliant! I also like the glass table, makes it look like it's floating in space. It's amazing how much a few personal touches just make it pop. Excellent job mate!
Old April 3rd, 2008, 01:18 AM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
Very good job. They look fantastic.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old April 3rd, 2008, 02:51 AM

hebean has disabled reputation
Awesome paint job. I love the edges of the tiles, with the two-tone brown look. I'm hoping to crank out a tree or two tomorrow following the same tutorial. Here's hoping.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm glad to hear someone else used sand on the sand tiles. I have some craft sand I wanted to try that with too, so I'm glad to hear it does actually work.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles