Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 25th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Tournament Director Deluxe

Satyr is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by a nobody
A devious pretender has usurped the title of Norcal heroscape champion.
You want a piece of me ... I'll be there
Directing and Destroying,
Expediting and eliminating,
Keeping Score and Kicking A$$.

The NorCal trophy looks good in my man room and I'm keeping it!

Cry endgame and let slip the doggin of war.
Old January 25th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Still not answering the question.
I know how to draft.
My question is not contained in the rules of HeroScape, they are the rules for this tourney and the 16 Army Cards we are to bring.
Do multiple Common Heros/Squad Army Cards count toward the 16 total Army Cards? Or; are the 16 made up of different Army Cards only?

I.E.,
Does ...
#1 Arrow Gruts Army Card
#2 Arrow Gruts Army Card
#3 Arrow Gruts Army Card
... count as 1 Army Card of the 16 total Army Cards, or does it count as 3 Army Cards of the 16 total Army Cards and 3 “A List” cards of the 4 total “A List” cards?

If it is the latter, Orc armies are ineligible by these tourney standards and does not make me happy. As Arrow Gruts (requires at least 2), Swog Riders (requires at least 2) and Krug are all "A List" cards.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old January 25th, 2008, 11:42 PM

Cantrollskulls has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
I know how to draft.
My question is not contained in the rules of HeroScape, they are the rules for this tourney and the 16 Army Cards we are to bring.
Do multiple Common Heros/Squad Army Cards count toward the 16 total Army Cards? Or; are the 16 made up of different Army Cards only?

I.E.,
Does ...
#1 Arrow Gruts Army Card
#2 Arrow Gruts Army Card
#3 Arrow Gruts Army Card
... count as 1 Army Card of the 16 total Army Cards, or does it count as 3 Army Cards of the 16 total Army Cards and 3 “A List” cards of the 4 total “A List” cards?

If it is the latter, Orc armies are ineligible by these tourney standards and does not make me happy. As Arrow Gruts (requires at least 2), Swog Riders (requires at least 2) and Krug are all "A List" cards.
Mal,

I think the spirit of the 4 "A" card rule is that you could bring 2 Arrow Gruts 1 Swog and Krug or any combination like that. Multiple common cards cannot be counted as "1 Card"
I realize that it seems limiting but remember your opponent is going to be able to draft from the cards you bring so he could draft a squad of Arrow Gruts and a Swog and really mess up your carefully built army just out of spite and only waste 65 points of his 510.

Just my 2 cents(really worth about 1/100th of a cent)
Old January 25th, 2008, 11:46 PM

sashiel has disabled reputation
I'm really looking forward to tournament reports for this, as I don't live all that far away, and hope to participate in NorCal championship battles in the future
Good luck to those participating, and have fun!
Old January 25th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantrollskulls
Quote:
I know how to draft.

I.E.,
Does ...
#1 Arrow Gruts Army Card
#2 Arrow Gruts Army Card
#3 Arrow Gruts Army Card

Mal,

I think the spirit of the 4 "A" card rule is that you could bring 2 Arrow Gruts 1 Swog and Krug or any combination like that. Multiple common cards cannot be counted as "1 Card"
I realize that it seems limiting but remember your opponent is going to be able to draft from the cards you bring so he could draft a squad of Arrow Gruts and a Swog and really mess up your carefully built army just out of spite and only waste 65 points of his 510.

Just my 2 cents(really worth about 1/100th of a cent)

Then just to reiterate my intense hated of this ruling ...

Quote:
... does not make me happy.

As I just want to play the freakin' game, not not be able to play the game!

Old January 26th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreheroscaper
Non-heroscape related post here.

Since I will participating in two of my passions tomorrow--Heroscape and playing/performing music--I figure I would make a shameless plug.

PLUG STARTS HERE
I highly doubt that any of you would want to travel to Stockton tomorrow night for our show, so I figure I will shamelessly throw out a plug for our current CD. You can check out full song samples at our myspace: www.myspace.com/gradengnomesband

There's more information about our CD track listing at CDBaby.com and Digstation.com

I'll have CDs tomorrow for $5.00 if any are interested, but I will not be making sale-pitches at our event, I'll be there to scape! Heroscape is even mentioned in the "Thank You" notes. Also, a MacDirk Warrior and a Tarn Viking are featured in one of the iMovies we use at our shows.

So let me know if you want to help out a fellow-scaper's musical endeavor. END PLUG.
The link... is dead?
Anyhoo, as long as you can break a $20, I'm in for a copy!

See ya all tomorrow!
Old January 26th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreheroscaper
www.myspace.com/gradengnomesband
The link... is dead?
Anyhoo, as long as you can break a $20, I'm in for a copy!

See ya all tomorrow!
Misspelled URL; try ...

http://www.myspace.com/gardengnomesband

I am just assuming now, but I believe Garden Gnome Band makes more sense than Grad en Gnome Band ... Or, perhaps it is and the band is made up of a 3rd Grade Graduate and a short dude in a pointy hat!

From the Garden Gnome band Website

Old January 26th, 2008, 04:46 AM
Reigning NorCal Champ

Alastair MacDirk has disabled reputation
Malechi, we came up with a limit on A power rank units to mitigate "powergaming". I see that a side affect of that is you will be unable to play your one tried and true favorite fallback army out of the endless possiblities available. I know this puts you out of your comfort zone, but I suggest to try some of the other figures and give 'em a chance. You may find that you have fun in spite of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB
And I have a man crush on good looking robots.

Old January 26th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

It is not the limit on the A List, it is the limit on Commons (whether they are A List or not) I find distasteful to my Army building sensibilities. To use Commons successfully you need at least 2, in a Draft game you need more as your opponent may take that Common also.

I feel it should have been set up as 16 individual Army Cards; any Common cards can have up to three beyond the initial card of the 16 (a possible 64 Army Cards; 16 Common x 4). I have a feeling we are going to be seeing a horde of Heroes and a legion of Uniques to choose from this morning ...

EDIT: Okay so I may be there, I may be not. Just heard on the news that although the rain has cleared, it is still coming down heavy along Hwy. 29 and there is a small steam flood advisory for Napa County ... exactly my route to the tourney!

Old January 26th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Reigning NorCal Champ

There are 9 common units that are 'A' listers and 29 commons that are not. Still plenty of common choices available. And if there is a dearth of commons today, is it necessarily a bad thing? Is the playing field still not level for all the participants? You should run the next tourney, sounds like you have some good ideas about how to set one up.

Quote:

Old January 26th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair MacDirk
... And if there is a dearth of commons today, is it necessarily a bad thing?
Just a little too much kiddie HeroScape for my tastes with "I wanna play the big dragon!"

Only Heroes does not an Army make ...

Anyway, I am out he door. Weather conditions permitting, I will see you all in a few hours ...

Old January 26th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Reigning NorCal Champ

It seems a bit foolish to wait until 24 hrs before the tourney to strongly voice your dissatisfaction about the rules. How likely are you to get any results at such a late juncture? Then why are you complaining? For the fun of it? You would seem even more foolish if and when your prediction about there only being uniques and heros proves wrong.

Some might say that a bonded orc army is a beginner's army as you can simply place your turn markers on 1 card without much thought. A good army for kids.

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events