Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old January 21st, 2008, 04:09 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
I forgot the write that the last Target employee who I talked to last week had a merchandise/inventory scanning machine in his hand through which he could find which Targets in the area had any heroscape expansion sets or whatever I wanted. He could not specify which expansion sets. I was impressed. I wish that we could access that data online as customers so we don't waste time driving.... I'll try getting a hold with somebody with such scanner the next time I go to Target.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old January 21st, 2008, 06:06 PM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!
You owe me Hot Hatch.

You owe me big time.

http://www.schumanfamily.com/fatwallet/targetasin.php

DCPI for small expansions is 087-10-0940

DCPI for Marvel is 087-10-1449 (little good it will do us now)

We need someone to post the other DCPI codes.
Old January 21st, 2008, 06:15 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageAngel
You owe me Hot Hatch.

You owe me big time.

http://www.schumanfamily.com/fatwallet/targetasin.php

DCPI for small expansions is 087-10-0940

We need someone to post the other DCPI codes.
Wow! You so totally rock RageAngel!!

EDIT:

The code that you gave 087-10-0940 is for this:
Robopet + Mini Combo - Pink : Target

I'm not in to Robopets

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old January 21st, 2008, 06:17 PM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!
more old deal hunting tricks prove useful as a heroscaper

Hmmm... seems Delran NJ DOES have some Marvel sets in stock. Not that I have time to go get them now.
Old January 21st, 2008, 09:19 PM

Jer has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo

I'm not in to Robopets
That seems to be a problem with the Target website itself - anytime I look for Heroscape expansions using the search function, the Pink Robopet shows up instead. The DCPI for the pink robopet is apparently 087-02-0940, so it's only off from the Heroscape expansion DCPI by the middle digit.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 08:46 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer
Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo

I'm not in to Robopets
That seems to be a problem with the Target website itself - anytime I look for Heroscape expansions using the search function, the Pink Robopet shows up instead. The DCPI for the pink robopet is apparently 087-02-0940, so it's only off from the Heroscape expansion DCPI by the middle digit.
Ahh, thanks Jer. I guess we are out of luck until they fix it.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 10:59 PM

087-10-0940 has been confirmed elsewhere (and in store) as the DCPI for the small expansions of heroscape.

The website must have their DCPI's crossed.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 12:03 PM

Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun
Unfortunately, I don't think this Target stock checker is very reliable. I've found it to be wrong in both directions in the past, and here's a specific Heroscape example. All of the stores in my area show out of stock on small expansions; did so yesterday, and still do so today. Yet in the last three days I have picked up a complete set of Wave 3 at two different Targets (one of which was yesterday afternoon).

I'm not saying the stock checker has no value. I'm just saying that I have experienced both false positives and false negatives with his tool, so don't be surprised if things are different when you get to the store.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 12:37 PM

sashiel has disabled reputation
On the other hand, it just helped me find what might be the last Marvelscape on clearance for 6.24 in my area. There's probably updating delays associated with it. Either way, it's worth trying out if there's something specific you're trying to find. *shrug*
Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:40 PM

Jer has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill
Unfortunately, I don't think this Target stock checker is very reliable. I've found it to be wrong in both directions in the past, and here's a specific Heroscape example. All of the stores in my area show out of stock on small expansions; did so yesterday, and still do so today. Yet in the last three days I have picked up a complete set of Wave 3 at two different Targets (one of which was yesterday afternoon).
I think what you're seeing is the Robopet problem described above. The corporate Target website has either a bug or a miskey in its database that has the Small Heroscape Expansion Set DCPI linked to the Pink Robopet DCPI. That is the right Small Expansion DCPI, btw, because I've used it recently to check for small expansions at the kiosks at Target and it always comes up as Heroscape Expansion (even if there aren't ever any in stock lately).

If you search on the Marvel DCPI it seems to be accurate. If you search on the small expansion pack it is actually telling you whether the pink robopet is in stock or not at a store near you. (The little webapp at the "schumanfamily.com" site actually shows this too - if you search for the Marvel DCPI it comes up "Marvel Heroscape" while if you search on the small expansion DCPI it shows up as "Robopet + Mini Combo - Pink").

You can actually see this at the target.com corporate site as well. There's no separate "DCPI Search' function that I've found, but if you plug in the DCPI in the search field it comes up with the product if they have it in their database. Again, Marvel comes up correctly but small expansions come up as the Pink Robopet. Target is the one that has it messed up, not the folks at the link that RageAngel posted. (End result is the same, though - we can't check Target's stock of small expansions online. Sigh.)
Old January 23rd, 2008, 04:07 PM

sashiel has disabled reputation
I wrote down the DCPI's of master sets and large expansions last time I was at a Target. When I get home from work I'll post them in this thread.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 04:18 PM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
I'm just sad that the Madison area stores are out of pink robopets....

Madison West - Out Of Stock
Machesney Park - Limited Availability
Janesville - Out Of Stock
Lake Geneva - Out Of Stock
Fitchburg SuperTarget - Out Of Stock
Menomonee Falls - Out Of Stock
Waukesha - Out Of Stock
Delafield - Out Of Stock
Rockford - Out Of Stock
Madison East - Out Of Stock

I'm Mr. Barkypants, and I'm a mix of ol schoo and new schoo....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales