Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old December 11th, 2007, 02:15 AM

Messenger has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaster
That's probably the exact army I'm going to use the next time I go to a tournament, except I'm probably going to have to use Eldgrim+Isamu since I don't have a third set of reavers or Guilty.
What?!? You don't have three squads of Deathreavers?? It's practically a requirement to play the game. I'm sure your local Toys r Us has half a dozen in stock. You'll find them next to the Gladiator & Agent packs.

There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:22-24
Old December 11th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!
I've still only got two packs myself. I've got 3 and 4 of certain other packs. Gotta love wave 1&2 commons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old December 11th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I got 3 reavers as soon as wave 5 came out... wish I had done the same back when wave one was in my neck of the woods. I was still young and green then I thought I should have one of EVERYTHING before I had two of anything... but double gruts will have to do me for now.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old January 18th, 2008, 05:11 PM

sashiel has disabled reputation
I revived this dead thread because I've been thinking a little more about this army. Basically, I don't like that it doesn't have RotV Raelin in it. Would I perhaps be better off replacing Cyprien/Sonya with Raelin/Awasome or Raelin/Krug? Or is Cyprien just too neat to replace?

Original idea being:
Cyprien - 150
Sonya - 45
3xStinger - 180
3xRats - 120
Old January 18th, 2008, 05:26 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashiel
I revived this dead thread because I've been thinking a little more about this army. Basically, I don't like that it doesn't have RotV Raelin in it. Would I perhaps be better off replacing Cyprien/Sonya with Raelin/Awasome or Raelin/Krug? Or is Cyprien just too neat to replace?

Original idea being:
Cyprien - 150
Sonya - 45
3xStinger - 180
3xRats - 120
I'd say go with cyprien. But if you're keen on having raelin in there remove the deathreavers, as they both are performing the same function: to protect your units
Old January 18th, 2008, 05:37 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd Stev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
Guilty isn't nessecary because he has the survivability of a fiddle
HAH!
just how much survivability does a fiddle have?
Very good actually.

5 life, 5 defense, and flying. Way underpriced compared to the cello flagbearer or guitar squad.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old January 18th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!
I think I'd prefer rats over Raelin for helping out Stingers (especially if you add Cyprien) because Stingers have relatively short range and will often have to move out of Raelin's aura to get in range if they're facing off against Q9 or Krav. If you've got rats locking the above down, you can move in with your stingers at your leisure. It works similarly for Cyprien too, since he is melee.

We should probably ask spider though, since he ran both Raelin and 2x Deathreavers alongside stingers at the TTO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 18th, 2008, 05:47 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yes, I can testify from personal experience that Deathreavers with 6 defense are a major pain.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old January 18th, 2008, 06:07 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Personally, I've always liked the idea of this army:

150 Cyprien Esenwein
180 Marro Stingers x3
050 Iskra Esenwein
050 Rechets of Bogdan
045 Sonya Esenwein
020 Marcu Esenwein
------------------------
495 total, 13 figures/spaces + 3 Rechets

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 18th, 2008, 08:03 PM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yeah, I love having Stingers with Rats and Raelin. When I played them for the TTO, I didn't necessarily have Raelin always help just the Stingers or just the Rats...it was a combination of both (though usually the Stingers). As long as I was flexible with the role of Raelin in my Stinger/Rat army, she did very well. Basically, I just like to take any good army and Raelinify it :P

I can't really say much about Cyprien though. I just don't have enough experience using him to really help that much. I know he can just rip through Arrow Gruts, though. I've played the gruts against the vampire before, and it was completely hopeless.
Old January 19th, 2008, 12:12 AM

sashiel has disabled reputation
Hmm... I should probably stick with Cyprien if I expect a grut heavy field then. I definitely know what I'd add for a higher point tourney though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion