Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 13th, 2018, 10:40 PM

Tiamat knows what's in an order marker Tiamat knows what's in an order marker Tiamat knows what's in an order marker
Michigan Heroscape Revival

The Michigan ‘Scape community is alive! We had our first gathering last Saturday night with 4 players in attendance, myself (Tiamat), @wargamingaddict87 , and two players that were new to the game, Mr. T, and Mr. B. We had an incredible venue with tons of space and nice gaming tables thanks to Wargramingaddict87.

After a little bit of a warmup and tutorial match on a smaller map, we moved on to the main event which was a 500 point all vs. all kill ’em all match on an improvised 4 player map. You can sort of see the map in the pics, but it was generally just a rectangular map with a river running through the middle and one bridge crossing over the river.

I wish I had taken better notes because I’m having trouble remembering everyone’s army composition. Turns out that I mistakenly ran an army worth 535pts (whoops!). I got my butt kicked anyways, so in the end it didn’t matter

Tiamat = Kurrock, Earth Elemental, Water Elemental, Fire Elemental, Air Elemental, PKsx2, and Frost Giant
Wargamingaddict87 = 6x zombies!, Minions, Isamu
Mr. T = templar cavalry, sir dupuis, and fen hydra, plus…
Mr. B = Q9, Minions, krav, Raelin RoTV

At the start of the match wargamingaddict87 and Mr. T were quickly engaged. Mr. T had trouble maneuvering his cavalry and they went down to WG87’s minions without much of a fight. Very true to their description in the power rankings. Sir Dupuis fell soon after that and it wasn’t until Mr. T activated his fen hydra that he was able to start really fighting back and doing some damage. Eventually, Mr. T was left with a fen hydra that had 2 heads and WG87 had lost all of his minions.

Meanwhile on the other side of the map, I tried to swoop into Mr. B’s start zone with my PKs and take out his krav and hopefully do some damage on Raelin. This was the first of several things that went terribly wrong for me. I successfully took out only 2 of the krav and somehow lost all 6 PKs. At this point, I decided to try and sneak my Frost Giant into the frey in order to go head-to-head with Q9. I figured that taking out the major was my only hope, and the Frost Giant was my best remaining shot. I was able to sneak him in while only taking 1 marker of damage in ranged fire from the major. My first attack on the Major did 1 marker of damage. Mr B. hit the initiative switch and retaliated with Q9 rolling 5 skulls. I of course rolled zero shields and the frost giant went down in a sudden heap. But wait! I’ve got dying swipe. 3 attacks on Q9 and no damage. Complete disaster.

At this point much of the battle shifted towards Mr. B and Mr. T taking on the zombie hoard. I attempted to chip away at Mr. B’s army with Kurrock and the elementals, but met similarly disastrous results as my previous efforts. I was soon eliminated. Mr. T fared admirably with his two-headed fen hydra. I don’t think even the most experienced heroscaper could have killed more points than he did in that situation. In the end it was WG87’s zombies against Q9 and Raelin. That combo turned out to be too much even though WG87 made some really impressive moves that resulted in a much more exciting finish than the odds would've suggested. Mr. B prevailed and was a well-deserved champion of the Michigan ‘Scapers reboot.

I personally had a blast and I think everyone else did as well. We’re already planning the next event and hope to make this a monthly thing.

https://imageshack.com/a/img923/2575/2hE8Zq.jpg
https://imageshack.com/a/img923/3325/fD3tJC.jpg
https://imageshack.com/a/img922/3352/PVnwjF.jpg
https://imageshack.com/a/img924/5016/aejXax.jpg
https://imageshack.com/a/img922/803/Dz5bgv.jpg
https://imageshack.com/a/img923/227/OLy7Fs.jpg

Last edited by Tiamat; August 14th, 2018 at 10:12 PM.
Old August 13th, 2018, 10:42 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Michigan Heroscape Revival

Monthly? Awesome. Will have to try and make it.
Old August 14th, 2018, 03:10 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How north are y'all?

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old August 14th, 2018, 03:21 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

The image links in the OP aren't working (a permissions issue).

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:
make a card/post your maps

google sheets:
ohs link generator/attack outcomes

CVN~ "I highly recommend C3V customs!"
Old August 14th, 2018, 03:26 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
How north are y'all?
My guess is that they were in the Ann Arbor area. About an hour and a half, north of the Indiana border.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 14th, 2018, 09:55 PM

Tiamat knows what's in an order marker Tiamat knows what's in an order marker Tiamat knows what's in an order marker

Yes, we're in Ann Arbor. Tornado, Arrow Grut, and anyone else we'd love to have you join in.
Old August 14th, 2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
The image links in the OP aren't working (a permissions issue).
Images working now???
Old August 14th, 2018, 10:14 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If I'm ever north I'll come for sure! But as of now it's a 4 hour drive

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old August 20th, 2018, 11:06 AM

wargamingaddict87 is surprisingly tart

WOW! Hey Everyone.
Yes we had 4 players meet up in Ann Arbor.

If anyone is interested shoot me a text and TiaMat and I will be in touch
810-280-0059
Old August 20th, 2018, 11:10 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hey, that's great! Good for you guys! It makes me so happy to see threads like this.

Consider posting something for your next event to give people time to plan and join you. Remember, you're advertising for lurkers, some of whom don't even have accounts. Even if you think you'll only get your same 4 again, call it an "open play" event instead of a tournament, and schedule it here, publicly. See the link in my sig for "host your first tournament."

Thanks for spreading the love!

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old August 30th, 2018, 01:47 AM

wargamingaddict87 is surprisingly tart

Next event is Sept 8th in Ann Arbor

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events