Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 15th, 2011, 01:45 AM

Nomad rolls all skulls baby! Nomad rolls all skulls baby! Nomad rolls all skulls baby! Nomad rolls all skulls baby! Nomad rolls all skulls baby! Nomad rolls all skulls baby!
Re: January 15th 2011 Portland OR/Vancouver WA

Uncle Derek's Pulled Pork - yummy. We just might make the drive down from Everett to take part in the feast!

Have fun Vancouver area 'scapers. May the best team win.
Old January 15th, 2011, 03:51 AM

Longy418 knows what's in an order marker Longy418 knows what's in an order marker Longy418 knows what's in an order marker

Unfortunately as the night grew later getting up at 4:00 didn't look so enticing, as a result you all will get the slow cooker version which isn't as good. Oh well, I will save the barbeque version for another time.
Old January 15th, 2011, 05:28 AM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker

Either way....I will be ready!

We will be there by 11am, we will bring a festive corn salad thing (not sure what to call it, but he kids love it).

Tables are all set and ready...please remember to bring all your dice, markers and such with you.
Old January 16th, 2011, 12:42 AM

Longy418 knows what's in an order marker Longy418 knows what's in an order marker Longy418 knows what's in an order marker

Thanks again Paul for putting on another fun tournament, Piper and I both enjoyed. Good to see you all again and hopefully you all win join the Pac. Northwest Tourney, hopefully the info will be out in a few weeks.
Derek
Old January 16th, 2011, 12:48 AM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We had tons of fun at our first tournament and learned lots about building tournament worthy armies. It was cool to put faces to forum screen names.

Thanks, Paul, for putting on an awesome event!

Themed Heroscape armies are loads of fun. Not too practical (or winning!), but very fun.

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Good Trades: Porkins; phil413ican; Grison; twigleg2; mac122; Vydar; Tokah Phatee; dart48; wytefang; SgtHulka
Old January 16th, 2011, 01:20 AM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I had a great time, even if my team's only win was due to a bye. It was great to see you all again, and I can't wait for the next one.
Old January 16th, 2011, 05:51 AM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker

I had a good time today, was nice to team up with my son for a change, and even if my dice were not showing me any love...it was fun all the same.

I apologize for having a "bye" in the schedule tonight, I wouldn't have asked if it were not a team format though...thank you all for your understanding.

Thank you to all that brought the Sam Browns, thank you everyone for helping with the food donations as well.

I will have the standings posted tomorrow and am already chomping at the bit to plan our next one......I love this. lol
Old January 16th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I'm really excited about all the people I heard talking to me about running events.

Heroscape is going stronger than ever in our area!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 16th, 2011, 07:10 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker

Team: BRAIN DAMAGE
Greg's army: Marcus Decimus Gallus, Guilty McCreech, 3 x 10th Regiment of Foot
My army: Captain America, 2 x 4th Massachusetts Line

Round 1
vs A King, a Queen, and Me
Longy: 2 x Sentinels of Jandar, 2 x 4th Massachusetts Line
Piper: Nilfheim, Air Elemental, 3 x White Wyrmlings, Tarn Viking Warriors
Map: Just Passing Through?
Glyphs: (not sure)

While Greg and I set up our leaders, Longy got his 4th Mass at height and took down a few of our squaddies while Piper moved up with her wyrmlings and vikings. As the early rounds wore on Piper continually rolled shields with her wyrmlings, but was unable to do enough damage to our troops. The Sentinels proved to be similarly tough to take down, but were also unable to kill enough of our soldiers to gain the advantage. By the time the clock ended the battle, they had managed to take out Marcus and a good number of our soldiers, but only had a couple of Sentinels and other squad figures left on their side.

Win (clock), 1-0

Round 2
vs Fierce Yorkies of Doom
Paul: Syvarris, Kyntela Gwyn, 3 x Shaolin Monks,
McLeod: Captain America, 2 x 4th Massachusetts Line
Map: Winter Holdout
Glyphs: Attack +1, Intercept Order, Initiative +8

McLeod charged ahead with his 4th and nabbed the Attack glyph and got on the high hill while Greg and I tried to get Marcus and Captain America positioned well. Paul moved up several monks and got the Intercept Order glyph, wiping out a turn for the 10th. My 4th and Captain America charged to the side and cleared McLeod off the attack glyph while Greg was able to knock the enemy 4th Mass from the hill and take down some approaching monks. Paul's monks and Greg's 10th also had some back and forth kills near the opposite hill while Syvarris got into it, taking down one or two of our squaddies.

While our two Captain America's began duking it out, Greg parked a 10th on the Attack glyph and proceeded to mow down Syvarris and the remaining monks. My Captain took down Micky's with a counterstrike and finished off Kyntela for the win.

Win (full), 2-0

Round 3
vs Masters of Disaster
Jordan: Braxas, Major Q10
Howard: 3 x Gladiatrons, 2 x Blastatrons
Map: Road Rampage
Glyphs: Unique Attack, Intercept Order

Greg got Marcus set up on the base of the bridge as the Masters moved up with Braxas and the Blast/Glad combo. Braxas did some damage, taking down a few squaddies, but fell pretty quickly. Howard got the Intercept Order glyph, but it didn't work. He then raced his Gladiatrons across the bridge and locked down our soldiers, preventing them from reaching the high ground. Greg was able to pry open a hole in the Gladiatron wall that allowed Captain America to sneak up onto the bridge and engage Major Q10 who just arrived to start popping squaddies with his special attacks.

Howard then got too many glads around Captain A and the blastatrons were able to take him down. Marcus got picked off soon after and as time was running down, Greg and I could only hope to take down Major Q10 to try to get the win on points. However, Jordan was able to keep the damage to a minimum while continuing to pick off our 4th and 10th. While it was close, they had enough of the edge to win.

Loss (clock), 2-1

Round 4
vs Reg and Green Tag
Mady: 6 x Marro Stingers
Ian: Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior, Emirroon, Arkmer, Elite Onyx Vipers, (plus Venoc Vipers off the board due to 24 hex starting zone limitation)
Map: Shady Oasis
Glyphs: Initiative +8, Initiative +8

Ian moved up with his EOV to grab one of the Initiative glyphs as Greg and I set up Marcus and Captain America. Mady then got three Stingers on the central hill. Her first stinger took a shot at a redcoat, but the second and third took down Captain America, who whiifed both defense rolls. Stunned by the quick death, the soldiers were rocked again in the following round when Atlaga took down Marcus with his Bolt of the Witherwood.

But after that, the soldiers seemed to be inspired by the death of their fearless leaders and proceeded to gun down everything in their path. The Stingers got a few more kills, but were unable to prevent their own death as the 4th and 10th took over. Mady's last Stinger exploded himself with a failed Stinger Drain.

Win (full), 3-1

Round 5
vs Masters of Disaster
Jordan: Braxas, Major Q10
Howard: 3 x Gladiatrons, 2 x Blastatrons
Map: Winter Holdout
Glyphs: Common Attack +1, Move +2, Unique Attack?

I started with the 4th Mass moving out to get the Move and Common Attack glyphs in the first round while Captain America and Marcus positioned themselves on the small hill to the left of our starting zone. Jordan sent Braxas up but totally whiffed on acid breath attacks in the first opportunity. Howard sent his blasts/glads toward the Common Attack glyph and managed to knock my 4th Mass off of both glyphs, but was never able to keep control of either for long. Braxas took down 4 squaddies but couldn't roll defense and died quickly, wiping out an entire round of Jordan's order markers.

The 4th Mass and 10th Regiment continually took advantage of Capt. A and Marcus' attack buffs as well as Wait Then Fire and mowed down every soulborg that approached. Major Q10 finally got into it and took down a few squaddies before dying. In the end I think I had lost 6 of my 4th Mass and Greg lost 7 of his 10th Regiment.

Win (full), 4-1, 1st Place

Thanks once again Paul.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old January 16th, 2011, 08:49 PM

ROADRAGE is surprisingly tart

Thanks again Paul for running this, had a great time as usual and like you am already looking forward to the next one.

Congrats to team brain damage , nice combo of 4th and 10th. Also good to see someones captain A do something other than just die right off the bat like ours did .

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events