Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old July 8th, 2010, 12:28 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Rhogar Dragonspine- What's Your Army Idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombo101 View Post
So I play tested Rhogar last night, and there is one main thing about his healing ability....it is slow. He's a beat stick, but he's slow.

I played this...555 points, 15 spaces and you needed at least one double spaced figure. We did this to prepare for the Rhode Island Rampage.

2x Hydra (240 points)
Rhogar (110 points)
Raelin (80 points)
Krav Maga Agents (100 points)
Drow Chainfighter (25 points)

But yeah, I was surprised at how slow his healing was. Hydras may not be the best option. It also didn't help I was fighting an uphill battle against Fire Elementals, but that's neither here nor there.
That's both here and there, if your opponent was playing Kurrok. The FE's ability to inflict multiple wounds on both Rhogar and the Fen Hydra while putting only a single FE at risk, and while bypassing the high defense of the Raelin-backed Hydra, makes the firestorm close to the worst possible matchup for that army. I would try that army against something else and see if it still performs poorly.

(I would also drop the Drow Chainfighter for Marcu and/or trade out the second Hydra for some screening figures or Brunak+Isamu (Brunak carries Raelin) or Kaemon.)
Old July 8th, 2010, 12:31 PM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah, that's a really good point. My assumption was that if I play tested it against the hardest possible match up, or close to it, it would provide a huge indication of possible performance.

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old July 8th, 2010, 02:58 PM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombo101 View Post
Yeah, that's a really good point. My assumption was that if I play tested it against the hardest possible match up, or close to it, it would provide a huge indication of possible performance.
you also said you didn't know that the Fire Elementals were so brutal be for we played. you were thinking if them as a 35 point filler and with kurrok they are not that at all.

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be Evil.
Old July 11th, 2010, 07:03 PM

Boondocksaint knows what's in an order marker Boondocksaint knows what's in an order marker

Rhogar 110

Hydra 120

Raelin 80

3x stingers 180

Isamu 10

Total 500 14 spaces

Pros: Not bad set up with the OM hydra and stingers can deal with squads and heros even with Raelin aura. Rhogar keeps hydra at full life and attack power.

Cons: No powerful special to deal with rat screen. takes time to think out OM.
Old July 11th, 2010, 09:06 PM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Rhogar (110)
Dwarves * 3 (210)
Mogrimm (120)
Ambershard (60)
500 - 15

Rogar (110)
Ne-Gok-Sa (90)
Romans * 4 (200)
Marcus (100)
500 - 19

Old July 13th, 2010, 02:31 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

I keep trying to quote from other threads, to no avail. These are from my post to "Base a Competitive Army around Mimring" thread, inspired by a passing comment of Aldin's. Mimring/Rhogar are made for each other . . .

150 Mimring
140 Phantom Knights x 2
110 Rhogar
100 Iron Golem

160 Shurrak
150 Mimring
110 Rhogar
80 Raelin

I'm really excited about Rhogar's potential to revive Heroscape. I also see the Fighting Raelin getting a lot more play . . .

150 Mimring
120 [Greenscales x 2] might be too confining. Might go with Kaemon/Hydra instead.
120 Raelin SotM
110 Rhogar

150 Warhulk
120 Kaemon
120 Raelin SotM
110 Rhogar

Who will heal Rhogar?

160 Sonlen
120 Raelin SotM
110 Brunak or Mika
110 Rhogar

185 Nilfeim
120 Raelin SotM
110 Rhogar
80 Kelda

Even Raelin RotV can mix it up a little with Rhogar on the job.

120 Kaemon
110 Brunak
110 Rhogar
80 Raelin RotV
80 Kelda

Perhaps a little more defense to buy time . . .

150 Mimring or Warhulk
120 Raelin SotM
110 Rhogar
80 Thorgrim
40 Theracus

185 Nilfeim
110 Rhogar
80 Raelin RotV
80 Thorgrim
40 Theracus

<Tempted to post in the Shurrak, Greenscales, Phantom Knights "Idea" threads too (and 500 point competitive). How does one decide which and/or how many threads to post an army in?>

Last edited by kolakoski; July 14th, 2010 at 12:09 PM. Reason: More Raelin SotM
Old July 13th, 2010, 05:42 PM

falls78 is surprisingly tart

I really think Rhogar's best play will be supporting high defence, low life, multi-attacking heroes and cleaning up after they go down.

Fen Hydra and Q9 are the two obvious choices.

So:

Fen Hydra 120
Q9 300
Rhogar 410

makes a great core. Now, I really see this as Sudemas chance to shine!

At 550 she can deal with what this army needs the most help with, krav/minions/other defensive squads.

But, even more important I think, she can really put added pressure on your opponent.

Sudema is very chancy but she has such a high threat level your opponent can't ignore her. The very threat of the evil queen will leave your opponent even more open to the one-two punch of the Q9/Hydra core.
Old August 6th, 2010, 11:21 AM

Cratos is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I want to build an 500 pt army that includes a support/clean up team of:

Rhogar
RoTV Raelin
Taelord

Add Syvarris, Krav, Om. Snipers, etc... as primary attacker - Suggestions?

Best filler to lead the fight, as my kids absolutely hate when anyone turtles. I was thinking White Wyrmling, Guilty, or maybe Marcu and Isamu?
Old August 6th, 2010, 11:29 AM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cratos View Post
I want to build an 500 pt army that includes a support/clean up team of:

Rhogar
RoTV Raelin
Taelord

Add Syvarris, Krav, Om. Snipers, etc... as primary attacker - Suggestions?

Best filler to lead the fight, as my kids absolutely hate when anyone turtles. I was thinking White Wyrmling, Guilty, or maybe Marcu and Isamu?
I'd go hero-heavy to get the most out of Rhogar.
Old August 16th, 2010, 09:03 AM

160 MacDirks x 2
120 Raelin SotM
110 Alastair
110 Rhogar

Looking over an old thread suggesting using Sonlen to heal Alastair, so he could over-extend more often, suggested to me the use of Rhogar as a more viable alternative (his special attack is a nice bonus). Raelin SotM seems the best use for the remaining 120 points, as opposed to Raelin RotV/[what for 40?] or Kaemon/Hydra/Krug, etc.
Old August 19th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

Ana-100-100
Rhogar-110-210
Hydra-120-330
Hydra-120-450
Raelin-80-530
+anything else necessary to fill the point value.

When a Hydra gets hurt, Rhogar & Ana come in. Rhogar heals the Hydra while Ana heals Rhogar (if he gets hurt). Raelin to stop Hydra/Rhogar/Ana from getting hurt.
Old August 19th, 2010, 01:35 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen_Hydra View Post
Ana-100-100
Rhogar-110-210
Hydra-120-330
Hydra-120-450
Raelin-80-530
+anything else necessary to fill the point value.

When a Hydra gets hurt, Rhogar & Ana come in. Rhogar heals the Hydra while Ana heals Rhogar (if he gets hurt). Raelin to stop Hydra/Rhogar/Ana from getting hurt.
Ana can't heal the Hydras - they're too big. Kelda works, though.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion