Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old June 17th, 2010, 01:30 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: Snow Terrain Gameboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Love the snowy Dumutef!
You mean The Werewolf?

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 18th, 2010, 10:31 PM

ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Nice! You should trace some glyphs to draw hexes on it.
I actually started doing that - unfortunately it really messes with the 'clean-ness' of the open, snowy landscape. It tried a very fine, light grey marker, followed by a light blue one - it just looked like patchwork. It came down to looks I guess.

Also, good call on the Werewolf vs snowy Dumatef!

G.

Betty or Veronica...?
Old June 23rd, 2010, 07:34 AM

iceat Woo who?

i really love your work!!

I always wanted to play heroscape without the hexes. Is there a site which contains a rule set for this? I already searched on this forum but didn't find anything.
Old June 24th, 2010, 12:30 PM

Daddio is surprisingly tart

Good stuff, Ozzy! Shows some quality work and plenty of customizations.

I like the patches of stonework through the snow, also I enjoyed the stairs set into the rocks.

Noticed a little custom paint action on the Zettians. Nicely done, not overdone.

Hopefully, you find the board to be modular enough to do different configurations successfully. Must be fun!

"I think you like buying HeroScape stuff more than you like actually playing HeroScape." -Mommio-

Daddio's Random Comments (customs page)
Old June 24th, 2010, 11:59 PM

odbo255 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceat View Post

I always wanted to play heroscape without the hexes. Is there a site which contains a rule set for this? I already searched on this forum but didn't find anything.
You could always use hexes on transparencies and then use the transparencies where needed. You don't necessarily need hexes everywhere at once.

Items for trade
Heroscape lives on: 3FG C3G C3V CHCG24 CMSP NM24 SoV
Tournament Maps: BoV WoV
Old June 25th, 2010, 04:52 AM

iceat Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by odbo255 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceat View Post

You could always use hexes on transparencies and then use the transparencies where needed. You don't necessarily need hexes everywhere at once.
That's a good idea!

But i was thinking something like instead of hexes, use inches. So if you can move 4 spaces (or hexes), you move 4 inches with no limit in direction.

You can use templates like these to work out mimrings attack:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/w...ines/001-1.jpg
Old June 27th, 2010, 03:13 AM

ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Iceat - for this kind of terrain (unmarked with hexes) I use either the five-hex bridge piece or a measuring tape as a guide. The only 'house rules' I have is that I ignore elevation (the stones steps) and simply measure distance (so a fig's 6 hex movement means the four edges of steps don't count). It helps keep the games moving and figs aren't stuck trying to climb the stairs. Aside from that, having no hexes doesn't really change anything. Also, measuring range this way is easy - if any part of the fig or base is out of range they're safe - if not, they're in range (yes, even just the edge of their base). No fights over range - it's a system I've stolen from AT-43.

G.

Betty or Veronica...?
Old June 27th, 2010, 03:19 AM

Daddio - thanks for the comments! I just read your signature - I think my Mommio (wife) has the same thoughts as yours...

G.

Betty or Veronica...?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles