Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 15th, 2019, 02:11 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Black Bolt

@japes did the art here.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 16th, 2019, 05:24 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

LO's test was in a Danger Room thread and not in here, so here's that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
- Theme Test - Inconclusive, seeing as I don’t know the character, but nothing really felt wrong, with one exception - I assume the power of his voice is due to sonic vibrations, of some nature? If that's the case, I'd really like to continue that aesthetic with some sort of bonus vs. Symbiotes in A Whispered Word and Voice of Destruction.
- Mirror Test - Pass
- Bonding Test -
Pass - King of the Inhumans rounds the faction out brilliantly, but isn't overpowered by any means - they're no stronger than any of the many strong factional builds in C3G.
- Synergies Test - Pass - See above
- Power Check - Pass - He's extremely powerful, and Voice of Destruction is utterly terrifying, but he's far from overpowered.
- Fun Test - Definite Pass! - Amazingly so! When you combine the ability to tie this faction of uniformly great characters together, solid flying bruiser stats, a short-ranged AoE auto-wound power and the ability to nuke the map when in extremis, and you've got one hell of a character.
- Fun Competitive Test - Pass - It's a great faction to play against, figure moving powers will be valuable to separate him from his queen, and if you let him survive to the end then the tension will be thick as he unleashes his Voice of Destruction.
- Drafting Test - Pass, though my one issue with him lies here... and it isn't even an issue, really. It's just that, due to how dependent he is on his wife, he'll almost never be drafted without her, and that's 750 points - three quarters of a 1,000 point army! - just to get the Inhuman hub down, making Odin for the Asgardians and Apocalypse for the Horsemen look minimal. Now, given the theme it imparts and the unique and strategic gameplay of keeping Medusa near him to aid in his leadership, I think it's worth it, it's just a a shame that it'll reduce the room for variation in Inhuman builds.
- Usage Test - Pass, though your opponent may want to try to assassinate him before he can let loose with Voice of Destruction!
- Strategy Test - Definite Pass! - This chap is massively strategic - having a limited command range requiring him to be on the front lines and a bonus from being next to Medusa makes his leadership interesting, and having him as a strong figure who needs to be at the front line also provides a strategic challenge, since you want him alive to the very end to make full use of Voice of Destruction to full effect without hurting your own people. It’s also worth noting that, between Lockjaw’s teleporting, Karnak’s Tactician and Black Bolt’s need to be near Medusa, the Inhumans are very much inclined towards forming tight formations rather than spreading out.

Name Of The Playtest Unit: Black Bolt

Army Test 1

Map: Draugur (no glyphs, normal snow, normal ice)
Armies:
Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Crystal, Lockjaw (1,315)
vs.
Ronan, Quasar (Phyla-Vell), 7x Kree Scouts, 9x Kree Soldiers (1,320 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Badru Valley (No Glyphs)
Armies;
Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon (Gorgon Petragon), Lockjaw (1,360 points)
vs.
Professor X, Storm, Wolverine, Psylocke, Polaris, Armor, Angel (Warren Worthington III) (1,370 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts On The Tested Unit's Cost, Balance, & Draftibility:

I think I said it all above, pretty much - can’t wait to see this faction released, hoping it’s soon!
Old April 16th, 2019, 05:25 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

EPB cleared.
Old April 18th, 2019, 12:02 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zettian Juggernaut View Post
The white text on light gray here I found a little hard to read, maybe darken both colors a little.

Otherwise, EPB
I think I can take care of this tomorrow.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 21st, 2019, 01:44 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
The white text on light gray here I found a little hard to read, maybe darken both colors a little.

Otherwise, EPB
How does it look now?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 21st, 2019, 01:45 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Looks good to me.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old April 21st, 2019, 01:50 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

Otherwise, EPB
How does it look now?
Were both cards updated, or just the comic one? They look a hair different to me. (Comic looks more readable)

(Also, not sure if you saw, but there was also a question over in Gorgon's thread)
Old April 21st, 2019, 01:54 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Otherwise, EPB
How does it look now?
Were both cards updated, or just the comic one? They look a hair different to me. (Comic looks more readable)

(Also, not sure if you saw, but there was also a question over in Gorgon's thread)
Both and Gorgon was updated as well. It may have still been uploading when I posted so try refreshing.

Old April 21st, 2019, 02:07 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Otherwise, EPB
How does it look now?

Both and Gorgon was updated as well. It may have still been uploading when I posted so try refreshing.
They still look different to me after a hard refresh (or a few hard refreshes, because I keep re-checking as I type this ). Both PDFs and the mini JPG look like they're one color, and the comic JPG looks different.

This is what the comic jpg looks like to me when I zoom in on the name area:

And here's the mini jpg:

There's definitely less of a contrast between the main color there and the border 'ribbon' on the comic card. (Both PDFs look more like the mini card to me)
Old April 21st, 2019, 10:39 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Otherwise, EPB
How does it look now?

They still look different to me after a hard refresh (or a few hard refreshes, because I keep re-checking as I type this ). Both PDFs and the mini JPG look like they're one color, and the comic JPG looks different.

And here's the mini jpg:

There's definitely less of a contrast between the main color there and the border 'ribbon' on the comic card. (Both PDFs look more like the mini card to me)
How can that happen? Do you current art guys make separate files for the mini & the comic cards? If so what's the advantages (this obviously being a disadvantage)?
Old April 21st, 2019, 11:30 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

That is very strange. I suppose it is possible that the JPG saved with some strange settings, possibly carried over from a different file.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 24th, 2019, 06:09 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Otherwise, EPB
How does it look now?

And here's the mini jpg:

How can that happen? Do you current art guys make separate files for the mini & the comic cards? If so what's the advantages (this obviously being a disadvantage)?
No, I do not create separate files for mini and comic. Too much work. I will try exporting again and replacing when I get a chance.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library