Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Blood drinking vamp? 59 62.77%
Flesh eating zombie? 35 37.23%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 25th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euryon

How a vampire ought to be.
I didn't know George Michael was a vampire!

smallboxgames.com
Old November 25th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
I couldnt answer whether I prefer Vampires or Zombies, as I prefer werewolves myself (go figure). I think Vampires are more interesting than zombies, but zombies much more "realistic" - at least, some aspects of them.
I find traditional views of vampires just a bit pompous; and zombies a bit too hollywood. Meh.

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old November 25th, 2006, 11:33 AM

lightfight has disabled reputation
Speaking of werewolves. I made my pet turtle into a wereturtle for halloween. I glued fur to its shell (easily washed off no torture of animals here) and painted some fangs on its mouth with blood dribbles. Also stuck a sign up from its shell that said "beware the wereturtle, you have been warned." At other times I like to paint racing stripes or comic book zoom lines on it's shell. It might seem mean but honestly speedy, my turtle, seems to enjoy it.
Old November 25th, 2006, 11:35 AM

dragonfire has disabled reputation
vampires all the way.

My Signature
Old November 25th, 2006, 11:56 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'd go with Vampires. They are strong, have tons of special powers, and some are even elegant and regal. Aristocracy of the Undead. They lead undead armies and are often found in the thick of battle.

Zombies are ok, but they are little more than fodder to me.
Old November 25th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
I find traditional views of vampires just a bit pompous
I think pompous sums up how I feel about vamps too. No offense to the vampire fans here, but yeah, pompous...

Quote:

How a vampire ought to be.
Dude! I was going to post a picture of Cassidy as well! But it was late last night and I didn't think anyone would catch the reference. A very wicked Vampire with some an interesting past life!
Old November 25th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Master Custom Creator

The storyling where Cassidy meets that other vampire - the Anne Rice goth guy - really exemplifies my feelings on vampires. Cassidy is the ultimate vampire... His personality just utterly suits it; or rather, what I would suspect the natural character degradation of unliving to be like, is how Cassidy is. An utter ****-head who makes everyone love him.

But then he comes from a "mythology" too dissimilar to the archtypical vampire - for a decent reference of those, I think of Count Magnus Lee in Vampire Hunter D. A complete wanker; poncy, powerful and in control of legions of the undead. If D wasnt so effeminate, id hero-worship him, as he is pretty badass.

Old November 25th, 2006, 01:05 PM

DFlynSqrl is surprisingly tart
I've always been more of a zombie fan myself. Not that I don't like either vampires or werewolves, as a matter of fact, werewolves would be a close second.

One of the things about a zombie horde is that it never stops. When the sun comes up the zombies don't run off to coffins or change back into humans... they're just thinking "Breakfast time!" There's never any real "rest" when facing zombies. Also, there's the anxiety of never knowing who is a zombie or turning into a zombie until you're right on them. Would you shoot that annoying neighbor until you know they are a zombie for sure? (ok... maybe I should use a different example! ) Zombie hordes seem to bring out the worst in humans as well. When zombies have a pack of humans trapped in a mall, the humans seem to turn on each other under the stress... or one of them eventually gets wounded and won't tell the others until they turn into a human. I think it all adds up to the drama and horror of the situation.

I agree with the above assessments that vampires tend to be pompous, but I have become more of a vampire fan since reading Steve Niles, 30 Days of Night. It made vampires seem more like the predators they should be. (Basically a bunch of vampires head up to a town in Alaska during a month of no daylight).

Have jetpack, will travel.
Old November 25th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I used to really prefer vampires. They were mean, sexy, and tough. Then Anne Rice made vampires into fruitcakes and girl-boys, and now I prefer zombies.
Old November 25th, 2006, 02:48 PM

monkeyfish has disabled reputation
Vamp fan. Hate zombies because of they are slow and dumb(kinda like many people at my school )

Captain Qwark for President 08'
Old November 25th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Master Custom Creator

I couldnt stand Anne Rice... Not just the crappifying of Vampires, but just her style was atrocious.

However, I played Vampire the Redemption a lot, and I Really like the backstories and history they give vampires in there. As its an RP game, it allowed you to be the style of vamp you preferred... From the glamourous and deadly Toreadors to the ugly, obfuscating Nosferatu, to my faves, the shapeshifting, animal Gangrel....

But still, it clung to a few too many steretypes.

Old November 25th, 2006, 03:07 PM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
I voted for Zombies because my favorite online game is currently Urban Dead, which is a great game.
It has no graphics, but the gameplay is unique and you quickly forget what it lacks once you delve into the richness of the world that the players have created. I am a part of a group headquartered in the suburb of Santlerville. We are currently trying to secure our Mall but a well organized horde is laying siege to one corner of the Mall and continuously tearing down our barricades.

Try it out, it's free:

http://www.urbandead.com/

Oh, and if you make it to Santlerville, look me up around the Hall Necrotech Building.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General