Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old February 17th, 2008, 12:53 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
New "Lite" Version of Heroclix Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizKids

A RE-INTRODUCTION TO HEROCLIX

HeroClix is in its sixth year as the best super hero game on the market. The game is supported by more than 2,600 exciting and dynamic game pieces, the truest comic book game play, and the best Organized Play events and promotions, and players of all ages have come to expect a great gaming and collecting experience.

The challenge, though, is to continue introducing new players to the hobby of HeroClix. In the past, we have sponsored demo events, special play incentives, New-Guy Nights, convention events, and more to expose HeroClix to as many new players as possible. This year, we’ll make our greatest leap yet to increase the number of players at your local hobby game store. And we need your help.

In June 2008, WizKids will introduce an exciting entry-level product for HeroClix entitled DC HeroClix: Batman. This mass market–focused product will feature the re-issue of more than 30 Batman-family heroes and villains. With new dials and character cards, simplified rules, and a “play out of the Booster” presentation, this product is designed to grab new players and gently introduce them to HeroClix.

DC HeroClix: Batman is a brand-new product featuring many familiar features and some new ones as well. But before we introduce you to the changes you’ll find in DC HeroClix: Batman, let us clear up a few things.

This is not HeroClix 2.0.
On the contrary, it’s more like “HeroClix Lite.” DC HeroClix: Batman offers a condensed version of the HeroClix rules while retooling some of the previous rules. It’s designed to show off basic HeroClix concepts in a way that’s easy to understand yet still offers engaging play. This system does not replace the standard HeroClix rules; rather, it offers a more accessible play system for new players.

The figures are compatible.
All of the figures in DC HeroClix: Batman can be played as-is in the standard HeroClix rules. You must, however, play them as you would any DC HeroClix figure prior to the September 2007 release of Justice League. This means you will not use the DC HeroClix: Batman character cards when playing in standard play. This will be explained below. Just match the colors on their dial with the most recent powers and abilities card.

So, what is different in DC HeroClix: Batman?

1) Batman in Every Pack. Each Booster features one of several Batman HeroClix figures visible in the top window. Batman is a strong and universally recognized brand and stands out as the focal point of this product.

2) All Recognizable Characters. No matter which iteration of Batman (movies, cartoon series, comic books) a consumer has seen, they will recognize the figures in these Boosters.

3) Shorter Rules. The entire rules sheet fits on the back of a single 15" x 20" map section and will be included in every Booster along with two micro dice.

4) No Action Tokens. No tokens means no pushing or clearing. Rather, each turn you get to move or attack with three of your figures.

5) Reinforcements. When a figure is KOd, you can bring another figure into play up to 10 points higher than the KOd figure. This allows you to play with potentially all of your DC HeroClix: Batman collection and keeps you “in the game” until the very end.

6) Point Values Divisible by 10. This simplifies the math requirements and makes for easier team building.

7) Powers. All powers are detailed on the character cards. There is no powers and abilities card.

Victory Conditions. Players try to get 5 KOs. The first player to reach this wins! With the reinforcements mechanic, you no longer need to keep track of total points to determine victory.

Read the full rules for yourself here.

Now, this is where you—our consumers, players, and retailers—can help us.

DC HeroClix: Batman will be releasing in several mass market retailers, such as Target. It will also be made available to our core hobby retailers worldwide. Each map section directs new players to our website to learn more about HeroClix. When they do, we will send them to their nearest core hobby game store. In other words, we’re directing them to you.

What we would ask from you is to recognize these new players when they come in. It is very important that the local player groups welcome these new players, introduce them to the full HeroClix experience, and show them a great time. We made the cup bases of all DC HeroClix: Batman pieces blue so that you would easily recognize them.

Further, we are planning a special core hobby tournament event with the DC HeroClix: Batman product just before the release of this product. Retailers can purchase this exclusive product and run this event to acclimate our current player base to the new system. This will be an excellent opportunity to bring new players into HeroClix immediately. Details on this promotion are forthcoming. The WizKids Consumer Experience department will also be available to help retailers tailor events around the upcoming Warner Brothers release of The Dark Knight.

WizKids is committed to strengthening our core hobby channel, and initiatives like DC HeroClix: Batman will help by bringing in thousands of new consumers. We’ll have much more information posted as we get closer to the release date. We appreciate your support for HeroClix and hope you’re as excited as we are about our 2008 plans.
I'm very curious to see how this plays out. This could be a boon or an anchor around the neck for WizKids.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old February 17th, 2008, 01:52 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Sounds like a hybrid of the Actionclix rules and the HC rules. Unlike Heroclix which has a FAQ the length of which would make even Tom Clancy shudder , The Halo Actionclix game is a blast with simple rules and small FAQ. I think it could have a big draw for people that want a fun game without all the overhead of a competitve game system like Heroclix. I play very little HC anymore and started using the HC figures in Supersystem which is much better game system but this simplified (lite) version might draw me back for casual gaming (and some cool figures for S2.)

Thanks for posting the info, Ninth.

Newb.
Old February 17th, 2008, 02:50 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
The constant cross check of powers is what turned me off to clix.

"What power does he have now?"

The new cards help, but you still need to keep double checking the card vs the figure. Just give them the same powers for the whole game and put the little action tokens you don't need any more on the card for damage and they might have something.

I hope the clix games continue because Scape will never have as many figures, and they are great for customs...

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old February 17th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizKids
4) No Action Tokens. No tokens means no pushing or clearing. Rather, each turn you get to move or attack with three of your figures.

6) Point Values Divisible by 10. This simplifies the math requirements and makes for easier team building.

7) Powers. All powers are detailed on the character cards. There is no powers and abilities card.
Sounds like WizKids has been taking notes.

The reinforcements and 5 KOs to win sounds interesting. Could be a cool way to play Scape.
Old February 18th, 2008, 04:14 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
al littel late, but my first hc game was boring as hell. why only one figre to use?
i thought i could be very simpel move attack, klike hs or heroquest.

but that what power des he have and , paniful "antreiben" feature 1 click damage was bad..
+ the color system a yello vs a red superman, or only yellow wimps against on red hero.

but now we have marvel scape not so many charakter but better looking.
Old May 8th, 2008, 06:50 PM

kboleen is surprisingly tart
Re: New "Lite" Version of Heroclix Announced

"This is not HeroClix 2.0."

I guess WKs learned their lesson with Mage Knight 2.0 as it practically killed MK.

"Be of good courage..."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures