Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old July 13th, 2020, 07:01 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
When You Can Do It All Digitally...

Here is the thread with a lot of recorded videos. Can probably go to Bigga's channel on YouTube directly as well.

~Dysole, noting that a number of matches use VC customs but it's still set up in a way that you can follow
Old July 14th, 2020, 08:35 PM

Rama is surprisingly tart
Question Re: When You Can Do It All Digitally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Here is the thread with a lot of recorded videos. Can probably go to Bigga's channel on YouTube directly as well.

~Dysole, noting that a number of matches use VC customs but it's still set up in a way that you can follow
This is awesome @Dysole , thanks for sharing!

On an unrelated note, I have a question for the folks in charge of the tournament here - essentially, a question about a ruling that I couldn’t find elsewhere on the site.

There is an 18 figure limit at OnlineCon this year - it’s my understanding that this means you could, for example, fill up your last 70 points with another squad of 4th Mass, but if you already had 15 figures in your army so far, you’d have to leave one of the 4th Mass off the board (basically “destroyed” before the game starts).

Here’s where my question comes in: without revealing too much of what army build I’m considering, one option I am looking at fills up the 430 point limit, but leaves me with 19 figures, just one over the limit, (meaning that I have to leave one off the board and on the Army Card).

My question is this: if the one figure I choose to be “destroyed” at the start of the game to fit my figures on the board is a member of the Marro Warriors, could I then attempt to Water Clone, say on OM 1, to “bring him back”? This question comes from the ambiguity behind the phrasing on the card, where it only states it must target a “previously destroyed” Marro Warrior, but doesn’t specify how it was destroyed, (naturally).

I’d appreciate a ruling on this to help narrow down my army selection - thank you!

Also, I figured this question was better asked here, rather than the Book of Marro Warriors because the answer I seek is more relevant coming from the tournament organizers, rather than the general users of the site, (because, like any ruling, I’m sure we all have our own opinion on how to interpret it).

Thanks all!

~ Rama
Old July 14th, 2020, 08:39 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Online Con 2020- ARMY REGISTRATION OPEN

Any figure that doesn't get placed at the beginning of the game was never in your army, so to speak.

So you couldn't clone that Marro Warrior, since it was never destroyed. It just got intercepted before the game started.
Old July 14th, 2020, 09:34 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

superfrog is correct. Sat Mezzos don't count for Exoskeletons, sat Marro Warriors can't be cloned back, sat Zombies can't be resurrected, sat Marro squads can't be resurrected by the Hive. Basically if you sit the figure it's as if it were never in your army.

On a completely different note, prize dice! They're in the mail now and should be here in time to mail out to all the event winners (and top 4 for the championship).

Old July 14th, 2020, 11:47 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Oh my word. Those are glorious

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 15th, 2020, 12:27 AM

Rama is surprisingly tart
Thumbs up Re: Online Con 2020- ARMY REGISTRATION OPEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
superfrog is correct. Sat Mezzos don't count for Exoskeletons, sat Marro Warriors can't be cloned back, sat Zombies can't be resurrected, sat Marro squads can't be resurrected by the Hive. Basically if you sit the figure it's as if it were never in your army.

On a completely different note, prize dice! They're in the mail now and should be here in time to mail out to all the event winners (and top 4 for the championship).

Thanks for the clarification folks! It’s kind of what I was thinking, but I just wanted confirmation.

And WOW, those are some awesome dice!

Now I’ve *really* got to pick a winning army build!

~ Rama
Old July 17th, 2020, 02:59 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Organizers, Does it help at all to let you know which events I am going to play in? I have not finalized my armies, so have not registered. I will register sometime next week or early tournament week.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old July 18th, 2020, 01:07 PM

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

It helps a little bit if you want to PM me or just post in this thread but it's not by any means required. Take your time finalizing your armies
Old July 23rd, 2020, 08:25 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Question about "Pod Draft":

Will the matchups for that day be posted right before the game (presumably live in Discord), or earlier in the day?

Asking because pod draft, more so than many of the other formats, gives some benefits from having longer to think about army selection.
Old July 23rd, 2020, 09:08 PM

We'll probably post on Monday morning. To give more time to think, and to allow time for reschedules if necessary. That's a reminder to get your Pod Draft armies in soon since we're only 4 days away from Monday!
Old July 24th, 2020, 09:12 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Will there be enough time to signup for both events on Friday and Saturday? I know it was already discussed that if you don't make Championship Sunday you could join in on Rainbow War.
Old July 24th, 2020, 09:19 PM

Yes, there should be plenty of time to play in both events on Friday and Saturday.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con