Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old September 17th, 2020, 08:27 PM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker
Re: Weight Training

Just got done with a posterior chain / pull day and I gave the old sumo deadlift a go for the first time in probably two years. Needless to say, my forearms have grown quite accustomed to hex bar deadlifts and at 300 pounds my grip failed me. I spent the next 25 minutes ginding out forearms because that's unacceptable for me and I was more than a little frusterated. All in all it was a good workout though, I like varying reps from 20 to 3 for well rounded strength training. Burning out with super sets of course.

Focused mainly on back with accessory muscles as well. Not sure how many lifters we have here nowadays but if there is enough conversation going here it would be fun to share workouts and meal prepping which I know was the initial point of the thread, I am just hoping to revive it!
Old September 17th, 2020, 09:39 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I'm just started getting back to the gym now that they reopened. I'm concentrating on the exercise bike for now and trying to get my weight down.

Old September 17th, 2020, 09:55 PM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker

Yeah it was definetly harder to stay in shape when everything was shutdown. I think I had to take something like 4 1/2 months off.
Old September 18th, 2020, 07:54 AM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've been doing body weight exercises following the Home Workout app, and then balancing it out, since dumbbells and equipment has been sold out for weeks around me. It's been helpful, though I think the ab workouts are way too aggressive.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!
Old September 18th, 2020, 04:37 PM

Athlean X on Youtube has a really good 6 minute ab workout that will wreck you and it's all body weight. If you can't finish the 6 minutes work up to it even doing it for a few minutes at the beginning will benefit you.

There is also a power yoga channel called Sean Vigue Fitness and he has some really good core workouts as well.
Old September 19th, 2020, 05:58 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunaks View Post
Just got done with a posterior chain / pull day and I gave the old sumo deadlift a go for the first time in probably two years. Needless to say, my forearms have grown quite accustomed to hex bar deadlifts and at 300 pounds my grip failed me. I spent the next 25 minutes ginding out forearms because that's unacceptable for me and I was more than a little frusterated. All in all it was a good workout though, I like varying reps from 20 to 3 for well rounded strength training. Burning out with super sets of course.
I like heavy farmer walks for grip (and everything else). I imagine if you watch Athlean-X, you might already be thinking of that. Or you could go hook grip if you really want to be hard core.
Old September 19th, 2020, 07:06 PM

Yeah farmer walks are great, the lifting area of my gym is pretty small so I will usually just stand there holding dumbells until I can't. I don't normally watch Athlean-X but I like his ab workouts. Yeah I should do hook grip at least on my lighter sets! I always forget about it(probably my brain deleting the information because hook grip is rough lol).
Old September 19th, 2020, 11:11 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Or at the other end of the spectrum is to use straps. I'm not going to compete, so I just use straps. A lot of Olympic lifters regularly use straps in their training, so I figure why not.
Old September 20th, 2020, 12:45 AM

For sure! When I squat I use lifting shoes and I have this big, bad wrist wraps for benching but deadlifts I really like going bare bones. I deadlift barefoot, no belt or straps, I understand that using straps can help grip strength but there are other ways to do it and I love deadlifting "raw".
Old March 21st, 2021, 02:11 PM

Alienok is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I've started to do training about two months ago and I can say that it's really hard to convince yourself to do it

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General