Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old December 6th, 2020, 12:16 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Reinforcements Arrive

This past Thanksgiving weekend we were able to host the 2nd annual Helmsgiving Day Tournament. Actually, it was the day after Thanksgiving but basically we included the guests that spent Thanksgiving together. There were 7 of us together to battle again on 3 2v2 maps. Being an odd number meant that Matt Helm sat out this year's battle and moderated. We had one newbie and one second time player so it worked out well for me to watch their matches.

The players included:
- Helm Jr.
- Lil'Helm
- JStrikes
- Nephew
- Nephew's Fiancé (new player)
- Niece's Boyfriend (second time)

Just like last year we had a 1000 pt army snake draft with one rule. After each battle, we would draft again. Any surviving figures on the winners team remained on their team. Any destroyed characters were out of the tourney. New draft order was selected based on random lottery with losing players getting higher percentage. We started with 120 different cards in the HelmAverse. By the end of the night 61 cards were used and 59 went undrafted. It was great to see some older designs make it in the battle and prove to be as fun as we remembered (I'm looking at you rarely drafted Giant Man).

The maps included (1) a Jungle mountain, (2) an open lot with two water towers, some cars and sand mounds, and (3) an alien world with snow, rocks, and lava fields. The intent was that different cards would play differently on each map. The twist was, you didn't know who you were playing or which map you were on in the first two rounds. Only in the third round could you figure out which map you hadn't seen and which opponent would end up there, too. Some players took chances and for the most part it worked out. Sandman played on the sand map and did some surprising damage. Swamp Thing played on the Jungle Mountain and was a tank. Aquaman and Namor both ended up on the map with the water towers but neither could make anything happen with such little water.

The real story of the night was once again my Nephew's dominance. He's been playing on and off with me since 2007 and he is now pushing 30 years old. Crazy how time flies. He was definitely the "super villain" as everyone, including his fiancé was rooting against him in every match. Due to the draft order he lost Thanos and Captain America thus creating a challenge for him as those are his staples. Instead he built his army around Ultron and Scarlet Witch. Boy were they scary together. Especially in the first match when he surrounded them with the Green Lantern Corps.

At the end of the night, Nephew was 3-0, Lil'Helm and JStrikes were both 2-1 only losing to Nephew, Fiancé and Boyfriend were 1-2, and Helm Jr. had a bad night at 0-3.

Some of the battles were massacres while others were nail biters. The real cheers came when hated opponent figures were taken down by losing players in their final turns. The rest of the players would cheer knowing that Thanos or the Green Lantern Corps were knocked out for good. So many times the crowd wanted Ultron to go but he kept surviving right up to the last game. None of the players would listen to me about focusing on the Scarlet Witch first before tackling Ultron. They all feared the mind controlling machine who amazingly stole key players like Darkseid or Deadpool (who thankfully wasn't destroyed and became available for another draft).

I forgot to take pics (my phone camera is not good) but my nephew's fiancé did so I'll try and track down a few. Damn I love this game. Thanks to all the help this community (and especially A3n) has given me in creating the HelmAverse, my family had an awesome Thanksgiving weekend in quarantine.
Old December 6th, 2020, 08:53 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Sounds like an awesome fun time.
Old April 25th, 2021, 12:48 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

For fans of Matt Helm's customs, C3G just released the 2nd C3G Matt Helm LD: Blackhawk Squadron as part of our 12 year anniversary wave.
Old April 25th, 2021, 01:38 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 9th, 2021, 09:57 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm so sorry that it took me so long to blow the dust off of the HelmAverse but thankfully Tickle and the Bat bumped up this thread to mention the Blackhawk Squadron.

Well, here's the thing HelmAverse fans, The Blackhawk Squadron is not only an official C3G card, but it is also intentionally compatible with the entire HelmAverse. That's right folks, the Blackhawks are a true crossover Superscape design. Think Amalgam if you will. Maybe a multiverse storyline in your favorite funny book.

The truth is, for the C3G anniversary, the great team over there asked if I was interested in celebrating the HelmAverse 100 card milestone and the C3G anniversary with a crossover card. As you know, their design process is very thorough and takes some time so even though the Blackhawks started right after the 100th design in the HelmAverse, it wasn't released until recently. Keep in mind, this card was play tested thoroughly in the C3G process AND in the HelmAverse.

Now that the card is released in a C3G wave and has had time in the spotlight over there (and boy has it been great to read some positive comments from players), I think it is appropriate for me to post them here. So, here we go folks, the official HelmAverse/C3G crossover card:

I'd like to thank @tcglkn for the amazing artwork and the whole gang for collaborating with me throughout the design process.
Old May 9th, 2021, 10:00 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks for stopping by as a guest designer, MattHelm! We all love your work and want you to know you're welcome at C3G anytime!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 9th, 2021, 10:07 PM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Thanks for stopping by as a guest designer, MattHelm! We all love your work and want you to know you're welcome at C3G anytime!
You da' man, buddy.
Old May 9th, 2021, 10:08 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Love the Blackhawk Squadron! Sock Puppet sends his best.

I'll need to check your other additions.
Old May 9th, 2021, 10:35 PM
Captain Underpants

David, my man. It has been so long but the great memories feels like yesterday. I'm so happy to see you stopping by.

If you really want to see what Team HelmAverse has done since you last checked in this thread (2013) you are in for a long night. Looks like you last chimed in on the Solomon Grundy design discussion. Since then, A3n and I have had multiple flurries of new creations. In fact, the HelmAverse became a family business with the neophytes going into the design process. If I were to list what you missed over the last 8 years...

75. Copperhead
76. Daredevil
77. Rasputin
78. Luke Cage
79. Quicksilver
80. Scarlet Witch
81. Ultron
82. Merlyn the Dark Archer
83. Wonderman
84. Beast
85. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
86. Storm
87. Jean Grey
88. Professor Zoom
89. Black Lightning
90. Shi
91. Green Goblin
92. Moon Knight
93. Black Flash
94. Vibe
95. Aquaman
96. Black Manta
97. The Lobster
98. Cyclops
99. Raven
100. Fin Fang Foom
101. Red Tornado
102. Thunder
103. Doctor Fate
104. Mysterio
105. Taskmaster
106. Morbius
107. Ant-Man
108. Punisher
109. Black Panther
110. Sandman
111. Bullseye
112. Etrigan the Demon
113. Stargirl
114. S.T.R.I.P.E.
115. Swamp Thing
116. Dove
117. Hawk
118. Green Lantern Corps
119. Deathstroke
120. Colossus
121. Blink
122. Werewolf by Night
123. Blackhawk Squadron

Feel free to give your honest opinion any time. Or, just stop in here and say hi as often as you want. The vacancy light is always on for my man David. Sock Puppet on the other hand...
Old May 23rd, 2021, 12:20 PM
Captain Underpants

To celebrate the first New York Knicks playoff appearance in 8 years, the fanatics at HelmAverse, Inc. decided to release a new design. This figure we play tested some time ago but just needed some wording edits that delayed the release. Hopefully our fresh eyes got everything cleaned up this morning.

So here's the latest design by LIL'HELM

MARVEL

GHOST RIDER

SPIRIT
UNIQUE HERO
EMISSARY
VENGEFUL
LARGE 5

LIFE: 5
MOVE: 9
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 5
DEFENSE: 5

HELL CYCLE
Ghost Rider does not have to stop his movement when entering a water or molten lava space and only rolls for molten lava damage when he ends his movement on a molten lava space. When moving up or down levels of terrain, Ghost Rider may triple his height and count each 2 levels of terrain as 1 space.

SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE
When any Unique Hero you control is destroyed, you may place the destroyed figure on this card. Ghost Rider adds 1 extra attack die to his normal attack for each destroyed figure on this card, up to a maximum of 2 extra attack dice for Spirit of Vengeance.

HELLFIRE CHAIN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 3.
If an opponent's figure is within 3 clear sight spaces of Ghost Rider, and its base is no more than 6 levels above Ghost Rider's height or 6 levels below Ghost Rider's base, Ghost Rider may attack the figure with his Hellfire Chain Special Attack. Figures roll 1 less defense die when defending against Ghost Rider's Hellfire Chain Special Attack.

SUPERSTRENGTH

Last edited by Matt Helm; June 8th, 2021 at 11:04 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2021, 02:36 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice.
Is this old school or a newer version of GR.
Old May 23rd, 2021, 05:31 PM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My little boy and I had a quick game of HelmScape before bedtime. He had Fin Fang Foom, Turtles & Cyclops - I had Hulk, Swamp Thing & Green Goblin. Hulk smacked up the dragon with ease, much to his disappointment, but Raphael finished Hulk off.
A close game that came down to Donatello vs Gobby, but I just beat him. He was keen to use the TMNT because we’ve started watching the 2003 series together.
Ghost Rider is looking fun. Can’t wait for another card in my collection. Good work Helmies.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations