Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 14th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game (Looks HeroScap

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHotcakes View Post
So have they confirmed that the squads have shared life? Like a squad has a collective health of three and when any combination of squad figures receives 3 wounds the whole squad goes down?
I don't think it has been confirmed, but I also don't think the shared Life will be the case. I think a Life 3 unit of 3 figures will have a total of 9 Life as each figure has 3 Life each.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old April 14th, 2015, 01:21 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Quote:
So have they confirmed that the squads have shared life? Like a squad has a collective health of three and when any combination of squad figures receives 3 wounds the whole squad goes down?
I don't think it has been confirmed, but I also don't think the shared Life will be the case. I think a Life 3 unit of 3 figures will have a total of 9 Life as each figure has 3 Life each.
So its more like a collection of Heroes taking turns together? That's interesting.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old April 14th, 2015, 02:02 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Quote:
This is my understanding as well.
Compare the blazing phoenixs who have one life, to say, a squad of elven rangers who have 3 life. If the phoenixs shared life, then the entire squad would dissappear after the first wound, and their special rule which allows dead phoenixs to rise wouldn't work since there wouldn't be a phoenix left in the squad, which is a requirement.

Quote:
Squad Creatures: Blazing Phoenixes (3)

1 Life
6 Move
1 Range
2 Attack
3 Defense
M Size
5 Height
35 Cost (14 each)

Flying: When counting movement spaces for figures in this squad, ignore elevations. Figures in this squad may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When a figure in this squad starts to fly, if it is engaged it will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Rebirth: If you have at least one figure in this squad on the battlefield, whenever you cast a red sorcery, place a previously destroyed figure from this squad onto the battlefield adjacent to a red planeswalker you control.
Since the unit wouldnt function if life was shared, we can logically extrapolate that squad members do not share life.
Old May 27th, 2015, 02:58 AM

Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker

It's been a really long time since I've been on heroscapers. I don't know if anyone has said this, but what if they made official printable heroscape variant cards for this game. Infact I really hope someone begs them next time they see this game at a WotC booth.

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of darkness
Old May 27th, 2015, 07:19 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I doubt they are going to pay someone to do all the testing required to make official cards for a game they no longer support. Better chance C3V does something with the figures.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 1st, 2015, 11:18 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I haven't heard any updates about this game. I was hoping it might be available to buy at Origins but I highly doubt that now. Shame.
Old June 1st, 2015, 12:36 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
I haven't heard any updates about this game. I was hoping it might be available to buy at Origins but I highly doubt that now. Shame.
Fairly sure they were hoping for GenCon this year. Not sure how close to that it is. <fingers crossed>
Old June 4th, 2015, 09:15 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav11111 View Post
It's been a really long time since I've been on heroscapers. I don't know if anyone has said this, but what if they made official printable heroscape variant cards for this game. Infact I really hope someone begs them next time they see this game at a WotC booth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I doubt they are going to pay someone to do all the testing required to make official cards for a game they no longer support. Better chance C3V does something with the figures.
From what I've seen from the pics in this thread, it doesn't look like it would take much to convert them over.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old June 5th, 2015, 06:44 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

Just saw this and it is good to see Heroscape live on in some form.
Old June 11th, 2015, 11:21 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

The game can now be pre-ordered on CoolStuffInc and Funagain Games. Strange that FG's price is so much higher than CSI's.

A pre-release demo is scheduled at Southern Hobby Supply on 7/15

Last edited by GaryLASQ; June 12th, 2015 at 03:34 PM.
Old June 20th, 2015, 10:33 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

Thankfully, CSI changed their price to $29.99 from $32.99. Sadly, if this is the retail price, there is not a discount to be seen anywhere.

I guess everyone is scalping the wares as they usually do for MTG branded products.

I know for certain that this low price point is in order so that big box shops will carry it, like Wally World and Target. So I am not sure if I should just wait and just pick it up locally. The urge is strong to preorder 3 copies for personal use. But I KNOW this will be in greater circulation with big box shops, so I dont see the point. Even with as fanatical as I am about this rebranding of heroscape.
Old June 22nd, 2015, 01:22 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorcrayons View Post
I guess everyone is scalping the wares as they usually do for MTG branded products.
How can selling a product for the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price be considered scalping in any way?

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion