Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old August 25th, 2010, 03:31 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Helmiverse vs C3G rematch (End of Round 3)

Old August 25th, 2010, 08:40 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post

What he said.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old August 25th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

A few moments before another wonderful day of work begins (Hey, it pays for the Heroscape!), but first...

You probably already know where to find the stats for the figures, but I placed links in the first post to help people find them.

Also... How on Earth do you Customs people find the time to do the work you do on these designs? I've cut back on my sleep about an hour each night, haven't watched any TV (which explains the momentary boost in my IQ), and my blood pressure monitor is crying foul from all this excitement.

Seriously, I'm having the time of my life. I can't wait to present the rest of the report to you. Stay tuned...
Old August 25th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

lol ... well I can't speak for anyone else, but we've been working on the C3G stuff for about 15 months now (with plenty to show for our efforts).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 25th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

“Eek! Mom!” Angie shouted, as she grabbed her mother’s leg.

“It’s ok, lady. I ain’t gonna hurt ya,” Thing said.

The mother put her arm around her daughter and said, “Honey, that’s rude. Apologize to the nice man.” Angie just clutched her mother tighter.

“Ah, that’s not necessary. I get that all the time. Enjoy the rest of this beautiful weather.” Thing pulled his hat down, hunched his shoulders, and walked off.

That was the thing that hurt most about the transformation: the kids’ reaction. But if he were in their shoes, he knew he’d react the same way. Thing sighed.

“Hey, Ben!” Johnny called as he landed in front of Thing. “Check out this new game I got! You want to try it?”

“I’m no good at games.”

“Oh, come on! I don’t know how to play yet, but if we put our heads together, we can figure it out! Just like we do when we fight together.”

Johnny always knew how to cheer Thing when he was feeling down. “What’s the game called?”

“It’s called Memoir 44. It’s a World War 2 game, and it’s got tanks and infantry. Check out these really cool dice!”

Thing smiled, “You wouldn’t want to play with me. Like I said, I’m no good at these kind of things.”

“Don’t be silly! It’s not about the game. It’s about the time we get to spend together!”

“You and me, right?”

“Right!”

“I’ll set it up, and you read the rules.”

To be continued…
Old August 25th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The Helmiverse vs C3G rematch (Reflections Pt 2)

Awesome stuff davidlhsl

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Re: The Helmiverse vs C3G rematch (Reflections Pt 2)

Round 4

Order markers: Mister Fantastic (1/2/3/X) // Professor X (1/2/3/X)

“Why are you taking all the order markers, Reed?,” the Invisible Woman asked. “You’ll draw Beast after you! I can defend myself here with my Force Field!”

“That’s my plan: to have you take down Beast. But I have a plan that we must try,” Mr. Fantastic shouted back.

Initiative: FF (9) / X-Men (16)

X-Men Turn 1a: Professor X Mindlinks Beast

There is no greater waste of human potential than when scientists turn the tools they employ to harm others. As Beast still heaved heavily from the beating he took from Thing, he could ill afford to risk a wasted shot trying to reason with these people. It was no longer just his life he was putting at risk, it was the lives of his entire team. Beast would have liked nothing better than to sit down with the Invisible Woman over lunch and discuss her research into invisibility.

“I may not know which of the seven published papers on invisibility you employ, but I do know how to tear through a force field!”

Normal attack (5+1 dice) vs Invisible Woman (5d+FF) = 4 skulls vs 3+1FF shields/0 skulls = 0 wounds + 4 knockback (canceled by map edge)

X-Men Turn 1b: Professor X Mindlinks Jean Grey

“Have another!” Jean shouted and she focused on her next throw.

Telekinesis vs Thing = 14+1 = 15 = Here we go again! Damage = 13 = 1 wound

“HEY!” Thing shouted. “Who do you think you are, anyway? A Pinball Wizard?”

“There’s more where that came from!”

Normal attack (4+1 dice) vs Thing (7 dice) = 3 skulls vs 4 shields = 0 wounds

“You’re doing great!” Cyclops cried encouragingly.

FF Turn 1a: Mister Fantastic

“Now, if I can just move…”

Jean Grey Psionic Grip vs Mister Fantastic = 11+1 = 12 (Gotcha!)

“NO! I need to attempt to Entangle the Professor! Thing, let’s see if you can make it!”

“I’ll try!”

FF Turn 1b: Thing

“Excuse me, Miss. May I puh-LEEEZ move now?” Thing asked sarcastically.

Jean Grey Psionic Grip vs Thing = 10+1 = 11 = misses

“Thank you!” Thing bellowed as he marched once again towards Jean.

Normal (6 dice) vs Jean Grey (5 dice) = 4 skulls

Thing’s fist smashed into a space just six inches away from Jean’s face. “That takes care of your Psychic Defense, Baldy!”

X-Men Turn 2a: Professor X Mindlinks Jean Grey

“Beast will have to wait for now,” Professor X muttered.

“I guess you just don’t know how to take a hint, do you?” Jean shouted.

Telekinesis vs Thing = 4+1 = 5 = Uh, oh!

“NO!” Cyclops screamed.

Normal attack (4 dice) vs Thing (7 dice) = 3 skulls vs 1 shield/4 skulls = 2 wounds/0 knockback = eligible for Clobbering Time!

X-Men Turn 2b: Professor X Mindlinks Cyclops

“Give me another crack at that rock!” Cyclops shouted as he advanced up the hill in front of the ruin. Cyclops always felt better when could take the high ground on a battlefield.

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

“Rats! Jean is behind Thing, so I can’t use my Optic Blast. No matter… I still have the same power!”

Normal attack (4+1 dice) vs Thing (7 dice) = 2 skulls vs 5 shields = 0 wounds

Thing grinned broadly. “Time for a little payback!”

To be continued…

Last edited by davidlhsl; August 26th, 2010 at 06:04 AM.
Old August 25th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Re: The Helmiverse vs C3G rematch (Round 4)

Editor's note: When I prepare my battle reports, my laptop's screen has a billion different windows open. For a few minutes, I couldn't match any of the pictures with my battle report! I think I need to get a little sleep tonight...
Old August 25th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Re: The Helmiverse vs C3G rematch (Round 4)

Round 4 (Continued. Couldn’t wait, could you?)

FF Turn 2 Thing: “It’s CLOBBERING TIME!!!”

“Look out!” Cyclops screamed.

Normal (6+2 Clobbering dice) vs Jean Grey (5 dice) = 4 skulls vs 2 shields/3 skulls = 2 wounds/1 knockback

Thing’s fist smashed into Jean, sending her flying backwards screaming. “Now you’re beginning to know how I feel!”

X-Men Turn 3a: Professor X Mindlinks Jean Grey

Once she recovered from Thing’s blow, Jean climbed back up the road. She was too winded to even shout any more.

Telekinesis vs Thing = 20+1 = Thank you for flying Jean Grey Airlines!
Damage = 15+1 = 16 = 1 wound

“I should’ve brought my iPod,” Thing muttered in exasperation.

Normal attack (4+1 dice) vs Thing (7 dice) = 1 skull vs 5 shields = 0 wounds

“As long as you keep chipping away at that rock,” Cyclops called out, “we’ve got a shot at winning this.”

X-Men Turn 3b: Professor X Mindlinks Cyclops

“My turn now!”

Normal attack (4+1 dice) vs Thing (7 dice) = 4 skulls vs 3 shields = 1 wound = 1 life left!!!

“We’re almost finished!”

FF Turn 3a: Mister Fantastic

“If… only… I… could… move…” Reed groaned.

Jean Grey Psychic Grip vs Mister Fantastic = 17+1 = still stuck

Mister Fantastic was about to let Thing have his turn, but heard Cyclops calling commands on the other side of the wall.

“If… I… could… just… turn a bit…” Editor’s note: I’m not sure if Psionic Grip or other holding abilities would prevent adjusting figures in place to obtain line of sight. I didn’t want to delay this battle to consult the FAQ, so I gave the Fantastic Four the benefit of the doubt on this.

“There, I can see you now!”

With Cyclops standing before him with his back turned, Mr. Fantastic attacked.

Normal attack (4 dice) vs Cyclops (4 dice) = 3 skulls vs 1 shield = 2 wounds

“NOOOOO!!!!” Jean cried.

“Your shot, Thing!” Reed exclaimed.

FF Turn 3b: Thing

“With their Psychic Shield down, I’m not going to get another shot at this…”

Jean Grey Psionic Blast vs Thing = … to be conti-

You: DON’T YOU DARE!!!!!!

Jean Grey Psionic Blast vs Thing = 18+1. I think we all know what that means by now.

Spoiler Alert!

End of Round 4

Medical Report: Thing = 6 geese a’layin’ / Invisible Woman = 1 slight migrane / Human Torch = Remember him? // Iceman = At home watching “The Real Housewives of Bon Aqua” on Tivo / Jean Grey = 2 tablets and calling the doctor in the morning / Cyclops = 2 wounds, because he’s a copycat / Beast = 4 doggie treats

To be continued…

And with Round 5 already played, I’ll take a breather and open my package from Strike Zone. I finally found the C3G Lex Luthor pose and have added some more Helmiverse characters.
Old August 26th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

Re: The Helmiverse vs C3G rematch (End of Round 4)

“Hey, Jake! Come here!”

“Is it ready?” Jake asked as he walked into the living room.

David was sitting on the floor next to the Heroscape map he put together using the instructions in the scenario booklet. The open box was sitting nearby, with the usual plastic debris that comes with any newly purchased game. Red and blue dice, and plastic pieces called Order Markers were scattered haphazardly around David’s legs. David was slowly going back and forth between the scenario booklet and the plastic miniatures, matching each figure that was supposed to go on the map with the corresponding army card.

David paused, looked at his 13-year-old nephew, and smiled, “I just finished reading the basic rules.”

“Great! Let’s play,” Jake cheered as he hopped across the map and sat on the other side excitedly.

“Almost done… Which side do you want to play?”

Jake was an Anime fan, so he selected the side with the Izumi Samurai. He spread out the army cards David handed him, and David pointed out the basic side of the cards that would be used in the game.

“Ok! This is the first scenario. Now let me point out the stats on the cards –“

“Oh, the attack is the number of dice I’ll use to attack with!” Jake pointed out, getting ahead of David’s tutorial.

“That’s right,” David smiled. “I guess it’s pretty obvious. But let me tell you about climbing heights and how to move double spaced figures.” As David continued with the explanation, he was grateful that there was at least something he could teach.

“Ok, I’m ready! Who goes first?” Jake asked.

David handed Jake the black 20-sided die, and Jake took it and rolled it onto the floor. The die smacked against the edge of the map, rolled backwards, and stopped on an 11.

Jake handed the die to David, who rolled a 3.

“You go first!” David said.

Jake took the Samurai figures one by one and carefully counted each space along the movement path. As Jake was completing his movement, David said, “When we finish, we’ll open the other expansions I just bought. Then I’ll read the Master Rules.”

“Ok. Hey, this is pretty cool!”

To be continued…
Old August 26th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Helmiverse vs C3G rematch (Reflections Part 3)

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 26th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Re: The Helmiverse vs C3G rematch (Reflections Part 3)

Round 5

Order markers: Mister Fantastic (1/2/3/X) // Professor X (1/2/3/X)
Initiative: FF (2) / X-Men (20)

X-Men Turn 1a: Professor X Mindlinks Jean Grey

“Just one more to go!”

Telekinesis vs Thing = 1+1 = 2 misses

With a sudden rush of adrenaline, Jean fired her regular attack. “ENOUGH!” Jean shouted.

Normal attack (4+1 dice) vs Thing (7 dice) = 3 skulls vs 2 shields = the last wound!

“BEN!” Reed cried.

“It’s ok,” Thing gasped. “I was getting sick of this game anyway.”

Spoiler Alert!

“Good job, Jean!” Cyclops exclaimed. “Now, if I can take out Mr. Fantastic, that will give us plenty of time to finish the job!”

X-Men Turn 1b: Professor X Mindlinks Cyclops

“Height won’t give me any benefit if I can use my Optic Blast, so I need to pull out of Mr. Fantastic’s range.” Cyclops ran towards the back of the X-Men’s formation, two spaces to the left and one back from Angel. He was aligned perfectly with Mr. Fantastic. “It’s finally nice to get away from those trees.”

Optic Blast (5 dice) vs Mr. Fantastic (6+1 dice) = 4 skulls vs 3 shields = 1 wound

“Only two more hits to go.”

FF Turn 1: Mr. Fantastic

“At this point, I don’t think Entangling the Professor will do any good. I need to help Susan finish off Beast.”

Jean Grey Telekinesis vs Mr. Fantastic = 7+1 = 8 = Escape!!!

“Finally!” Mr. Fantastic cried as he wheeled around and stretched two spaces from Beast. He carefully avoided getting adjacent, because Beast could use both Negotiation and Whirlwind.

“Reed, you’re back! I’ve been able to hold Beast back. Take him out!” Susan tearfully exclaimed, still reeling from Thing’s crushing demise.

“From this point forward, we fight together!”

Normal attack (4 dice) vs Beast (5 dice) = 1 skull vs 4 shields = 0 wounds

“It’s now your turn!”

Mister Fantastic Teams Invisible Woman

FF Turn 1b: Invisible Woman

“Don’t let Beast get adjacent to us both. Get on the other side of this tree.” Reed ordered.

“I’m way ahead of you. This will also get him out of height advantage. As for you,” Susan said, turning towards Beast, “I respect you as a fellow scientist, but I can’t forgive you for the way your side has ambushed us!”

“Ambush?” Beast thought. “Why would she accuse us of setting up the ambush if they were the ones who instigated the attack at Platforms 5 and 6? I think there must be some tragic misunderstanding, and we’ve both been set up. If I can just speak to them, maybe we can get to the bottom of this.”

Normal attack (4 dice) vs Beast (5 dice) = 3 skulls vs 2 shields = 1 wound = KO

It was too late.

Spoiler Alert!

“Good job, Honey!” Reed exclaimed. If he only knew what Beast had just figured out, he would have wept.

To be continued…

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion