Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old August 26th, 2017, 05:43 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Tome of E-Series Tesla Centurion

There.

Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Quote:
The Tome of E-Series Tesla Centurion
[...]
I just saw the little mess for the first power on the army card !
I'll correct this ASAP.
Thanks!

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old September 14th, 2017, 05:50 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Tome of E-Series Tesla Centurion

Quote:
There.

Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The Tome of E-Series Tesla Centurion
[...]
I just saw the little mess for the first power on the army card !
I'll correct this ASAP.
Thanks!
Sorry - meant to reply to this. Thank you!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 12th, 2017, 10:09 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Lazy Orang's Classic Customs - Scourge of Éadóchas

“The more you watch, the more mysterious the natural world becomes, and the more you realize how little you know. Along with its beauty, you may also come to experience its fecundity, its wastefulness, aggressiveness, ruthlessness, parasitism, and its violence. These qualities are not well-conveyed in textbooks.”
― Michael Crichton, Micro

(Not familiar with that book - just searched for fitting quotes online, and this seemed to be one. )

Okay, another update! My entry for this year's September custom contest - which came in joint first! (Shout out here to the other joint winner, @BiggaBullfrog and his Dionean Mantrap.)

I'm actually pretty happy with my design. As I've said before, I like to try to make my entries to these contests a little creative, to try to take a somewhat different and unexpected spin on the theme that the brief or figure seems to be pushing me towards. In this case, there was really no way this design couldn't be a plant monster, but I didn't want to go the usual, D&D-esque generic fantasy route with it. As such, I thought it would be fun to try to make it a folklore spirit, because 1) I thought it would be an interesting and distinct take on the plant monster theme, 2) it was a theme that really spoke to me anyway, and 3) I already seem to have a blossoming little faction of folklore spirits coming from these contests in the form of Dreg Mera and the Myji Coven. A quick Google search didn't unearth anything like this in Irish folklore, but I decided not to let that deter me - this was less about translating a specific creature from folklore, and more about getting across that feeling. The name, though unpronounceable, was carefully chosen, meaning 'The Murdering Flower' in Irish (at least as far as my Google-fu was able to deduce - I'm no scholar of the Irish language! )

A very early decision was that I didn't want her to be able to move, not normally - she is a plant, after all. Therefore, I decided that, to give her mobility, I'd play up the unknowable spirit angle and let her turn up anywhere near the enemy at the end of the round. Then I realised - if she's returning to the board like this, why don't I really play up the spirit angle and make her immortal? It doesn't make her unbeatable if she can come back like this at the end of each round - if she's gone when the rest of your army's eliminated, you still lose - but it does mean you can never truly eliminate her, which I was hoping would give her a nicely distinct, terrifying, otherworldly vibe. I could have made it automatic, or based on a D20 roll, but I decided - almost going for a reverse of Morwyn Rhoderyk - that basing it on the deaths of opponents' figures would make her feel more sinister.

After that it was just trying to get across how she would hunt - Undergrowth Tendrils to tie her prey up and drag them towards her, and Helpless Victim to allow her to pick off those who are separated from the pack - and I had my concept. After testing her, I was honestly surprised by how happy I was with her - she felt evocative, ethereal and like nothing else in the game. After bumping her up 20 points on account of the fact I'd underestimated the power of her abilities, and altering Helpless Victim to be less punishing to heroes, I was ready to submit.

One final small note about An Bláth - though lacking in explicit synergy, by counting as a tree and counting all spaces next to her as swamp water, she allows for plenty of subtle synergy throughout Classic and Mixedscape; benefiting the likes of the Marro Drudge, Water Elemental, Microcorp Agents and Aquaman (as well as the new Durgeth Ravagers, though obviously I didn't know that at the time) with her water; and the Quasatch Hunters, Poison Ivy, Floronic Man and Swamp Thing by acting as a tree.

So, here we are - An Bláth Dúnmharú:

Custom Set Nine: Scourge of Éadóchas
Spoiler Alert!

~Lazy Orang, making acknowledgement to @Soundwarp SG-1 for the General and Homeworld.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; October 12th, 2017 at 12:48 PM.
Old October 12th, 2017, 10:10 AM
Hard as ice

Re: The Tome of An Bláth Dúnmharú

The Tome of An Bláth Dúnmharú

Custom Set Nine
Scourge of Éadóchas

(Card by @DanieLoche )
Homeworld: Grymwold

The figure used for this unit is a Dungeons and Dragons figure from the Savage Encounters set.
Its model number and name are #20/40 Greenvise Vine.

Card Text

Spoiler Alert!

Unit Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Rulings, Clarifications and Errata
Spoiler Alert!

Combinations and Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Immunities, Benefits and Weaknesses

Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; December 13th, 2018 at 05:46 PM.
Old October 30th, 2017, 08:17 AM
Hard as ice

Re: Lazy Orang's Classic Customs - Vlad, Son of the Dragon

“There were large stakes there on which, as it was said, about twenty thousand men, women, and children had been spitted, quite a sight for the Turks and the sultan himself. The sultan was seized with amazement and said that it was not possible to deprive of his country a man who had done such great deeds, who had such a diabolical understanding of how to govern his realm and its people. And he said that a man who had done such things was worth much.”
— Laonikos Chalkokondyles: The Histories

Pseudo-seasonal update today - Vlad the Impaler and the Wallachian Infantry.

Vlad was actually the very first figure I ever designed and playtested - though he's gone through some major revisions from the character I first passed. The old Fear Aura was much more complicated with more modifiers than you'd ever find on an official card, he was a dual-classed Warlord/Darklord rather than a Champion/Darklord (a change I'll explain later), he had a 'Harsh Example' power allowing you to execute one of your men for a temporary stat boosting aura, which was cut due to never being used, and Fanatical Demagoguery used to change the personality of Uniques rather than squads, just like Parmenio - he was designed before the Death Knights came out, and it took me about five seconds to realise I'd created someone who could give Major Q9 bonding and decide it was a bad idea. I think whipping up the masses feels more like demagoguery anyway....

This year, while looking over Warlord Games for figures for historical customs (I love history, and I hope to be able to put a lot more historical figures up here in future), I stumbled across these guys - and, knowing I already had Vlad, giving him some Wallachian troops to command was just too tempting to pass up (it's also what encouraged me to give Vlad a round of reworking). I changed Vlad's secondary class from Warlord to Champion (I was happy to give up Roman bonding, but not bonding with the Wolves of Badru - Vlad plus Wolves is a fun and thematic little army, even if it's not too strong) and gave them Champion of Evil Bonding off @IshMEL 's Sevestra Thune, a fun little character I picked up last year, since I reckoned that Sir Hawthorne could use another, more thematic bonding option and these guys would fit perfectly. I also reworked the initial concept of Harsh Example into a fairly different power and gave it to them, allowing them to hit pretty hard for a 4-man bonding squad, but at the cost of having to execute your own men - and, after a little testing and some painting of the Wallachians, I had a fun and thematic little faction.

Custom Set Ten: Vlad, Son of the Dragon
Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; March 30th, 2018 at 04:03 PM.
Old October 30th, 2017, 08:18 AM
Hard as ice

Re: The Tome of Vlad the Impaler

The Tome of Vlad the Impaler

Custom Set Ten
Vlad, Son of the Dragon

(Card by @DanieLoche )
Homeworld: Earth

The figure used for this unit is a Horrorclix figure from The Lab set.
Its model number and name are #300 Vlad the Impaler.

Card Text

Spoiler Alert!

Unit Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; October 9th, 2019 at 03:09 PM.
Old October 30th, 2017, 08:18 AM
Hard as ice

Re: The Tome of Wallachian Infantry

The Tome of Wallachian Infantry

Custom Set Ten
Vlad, Son of the Dragon

(Card by @DanieLoche )
Homeworld: Earth

The figure used for this unit is a Warlord Games figure from the Pike & Shotte line and the Wars of Religion set.
The model name is Wallachian Voynik Infantry.

Card Text

Spoiler Alert!

Unit Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; January 23rd, 2018 at 06:02 AM.
Old October 31st, 2017, 12:25 PM

Sam knows what's in an order marker Sam knows what's in an order marker

Good heavens, you go into a lot of detail with the synergies and such! But still, Vlad + the Wallachians look great. I was going to query how they'd do vs, say, KoW, but Vlad's fear aura makes the WI (no, not the Women's Institute) that much killier (& so does being near a Skull Demon!).

Nice!
Old October 31st, 2017, 05:15 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Good heavens, you go into a lot of detail with the synergies and such! But still, Vlad + the Wallachians look great. I was going to query how they'd do vs, say, KoW, but Vlad's fear aura makes the WI (no, not the Women's Institute) that much killier (& so does being near a Skull Demon!).

Nice!
Thanks! I do try to be as comprehensive as possible. Unfortunately, the Skull Demon won't help them, as its aura only boosts Valkril figures... honestly, despite their fairly large number of theoretical bonding options, I'd only really take them with Vlad or Sir Hawthorne, since the Skull Demons and Orc Champions all have powers that can't benefit them, and these guys really don't do anything for the Orc Champions that Heavy Gruts can't do as well or better in that build. Still, Vlad and Hawthorne aren't bad bonding options - hopefully that forgotten, treacherous little knight will see a bit more attention when these guys are around.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 29th, 2017, 12:42 PM
Hard as ice

Re: Lazy Orang's Classic Customs - The Winter Witch

The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?
— J.B. Priestley

A little seasonal update this time! I've had my eye on this figure for quite a while since I thought it was absolutely beautiful, so I asked for it as a present over the holidays, and was kindly allowed to paint her (and, fortunately, also test her, though I didn't need the figure for that!) before hand! Here was the figure prior to painting:

And here it is after I painted it.

So, anyway... here's the card, made very kindly by @DanieLoche , who also did two options for her Winter Marker (my personal favourite is the top one, but I think they're both great), along with a short bio... well, more of a song really, I was feeling a tad experimental.

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

Oh, and a little shout out to @Soundwarp SG-1 for her Homeworld, which will be Grymwold, and of course Magical Defence is obviously stolen from C3G, though I feel that it has its place in Classic too for magic users that are powerful enough. I'll likely get around to doing her Tome in the New Year.

Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 31st, 2017, 05:07 PM
Hard as ice

@Dr.Goomonkey , the cards you did me for the X-Series Cryo Centurion, Myji Coven and Dr. Gudruna Vogt have disappeared... don't suppose you could help me here at some stage over the next few days?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 1st, 2018, 02:58 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well... It appears all of the pictures I had stored on SumoPaint's cloud have disappeared. I've contacted support, but am not overly hopeful about getting them back. Morale: back up your files, kids.

Since you have the card text right under everything I should be able to whip some new cards up within the next few days (probably tomorrow).

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards