Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old December 10th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper
Thanks for the kind words. I have (I think) one more battle in the camera, I'll post it when I can. KidScaper & I have been playing Settlers of Catan recently but I'm getting tired of losing so we will get back to HeroScape soon.
Well, the losing carried on for more months then I expected. But the arrival of SotM sparked a new interest in 'Scape, and KidScaper's skills are markedly improved. So we've played a few rounds on a map of our own design, and I look forward to posting more battle reports once I get batteries in the camera.

Welcome back, me!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 31st, 2007, 11:18 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
December 20: KidScaper’s Revenge

We had already played a few times on this map when we brought the camera out again. I might have won once, I know KidScaper won most of the time. The middle area of the map is steep, jagged terrain. Slow going for non-flyers and particularly inhospitable to 2 hex figures, with the exception of Brunak, who I’d used ineffectively in one of my earlier losses.

This time my band of losers consisted of Tagawa Archers, Tagawa Samurai, Agent Carr, Kaemon Awa, Shades of Bleakewood and Shiori. KidScaper fielded Charos, Minions of Utgar, Einar Imperium, the Dumutef Guard, Deathwalker 9000 and the new Marro Stingers.

Prior experience with this map had taught us each the importance of the four glyphs, one on the snowy ledge on the north side of the map, three on the volcanic terrain on the south side. You can see the glyphs in the picture above.

So naturally I put my first order marker on the Tagawa Samurai.

For his part, KidScaper put several order markers on the Einar Imperium. Probably a better strategy.

He uncovers the Glyph of Wounding. Ouch!

I end up leaving Agent Carr in the back and piling up wound markers on him, one a round until dead.

I did eventually get a shade on the Glyph of Just Give Up. This is a good photo of the terrain, too.

The battle begins in earnest when the Tagawa Archers, accompanied by the Samurai, fire on Charos.

Charos comes down to give them a piece of his mind. If I remember correctly Charos had at least a +1 attack from one of the 3 glyphs occupied by KidScaper.

Shiori joins the fray.

With careful maneuvering and a little luck I am able to bring down the big dragon.

Kaemon Awa knocks one of the Einar Imperium off a glyph.

Yes, the date on my camera is wrong.

The Stingers come out. By this point Agent Carr has fallen to the Glyph of Wounding. Pictured here is the Shade who went down next. I hate that glyph.

Kaemon Awa approaches the peak held by KidScaper’s various Minions & Imperiums.

By this point Carr and Shiori have fallen to the glyph and to Charos, respectively, so Kaemon Awa is my only remaining hero.

KidScaper, smelling blood in the water, risks landing on lava to gain height advantage with his Minions. A risk that pays off:

KidScaper has begun to learn how to play chess, and the concept of honorable concessions has entered our gameplaying vocabulary. So I throw in the towel.

I have one more battle in the camera at the moment. I think I took much better pictures of that one; I will try to get it up some time later this week.

I missed this game!

= =
Old January 4th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

12/23/07

‘Return to Twin Peaks’, or
‘It Is Statistically Unlikely Daddyscaper Will Lose Every Single Time’

Me:
Shades of Bleakewood
Izumi Samurai
Shiori
Sgt. Drake Alexander (v. SoTM)
Kaemon Awa
Tagawa Archers

KidScaper:
Charos (naturally)
Marro Stingers
Minions of Utgar
Einar Imperium
DW 9000

I win initiative in round 1. A shade reaches the nearest glyph, only to discover the ‘Intercept Order’. I look up expectantly and realize KidScaper has put all his order markers, including X’s, on one card: the Einar Imperium. So some of the fun is removed from the glyph. What remains of the fun is removed when I blow the roll on the 20 sider anyway.

The Einar Imperium take the middle - +1 attack - glyph and the one nearer his start zone. The Shades are fast but not as strong.

Meanwhile on the snowy ledge (see previous battle report for overview of terrain) there is something of a bloodbath. I grab the glyph with a Shade but am immediately whacked by one of the Imperium. Drake, approaching from below, takes revenge for his undead brother in arms.

KidScaper mobilizes Charos, a good choice for seizing the glyph (the move glyph, I think), and I respond with Drake and the archers.

Drake knocks a member of the Einar Imperium off the attack glyph.

Drake seizes the attack glyph, but Charos abandons the move glyph (and risks landing on lava) to take me off again.

Charos holds down the attack glyph while Kaemon Awa approaches, and the archers open fire. In retrospect this may have not been the best tactic for KidScaper.

Charos comes down to get height advantage on Kaemon Awa and attack. Meanwhile the remaining (mostly forgotten) Shade slips behind him and seizes the attack glyph.

Kaemon Awa shuffles off this mortal coil.

But the archers and the late-arriving Izumi Samurai finish the job Drake and Kaemon Awa started. Eventually Charos goes down.

The Minions come out as I position my archers. A massacre ensues.

In a desperation move, DW 9000 comes lumbering out. I already have the perfect counter to him near enough to engage:

KidScaper gives up with nothing left but the Dumutef Guard and one of the Imperium hiding out of the way.

= =
Old January 7th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

ity !

How bout those action photos? And the thrilling battles?

= =
Old January 9th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Here's a bump for ya!

I'm sorry. I've gone through this thread 3-4 times and never stopped to tell you how much I have enjoyed them.

I always root for kidscaper(and charos).
Old January 10th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dr Livingston, coming out from the jungle gloom, thank you for the kind words.

Really KidScaper does not need your help, because he is a dice god; please do not give him more good karma then he already has.

= =
Old January 10th, 2008, 01:06 PM

n1ck3l knows what's in an order marker n1ck3l knows what's in an order marker
I love this thread... and I think Charos is possibly the single MOST annoying character in the history of all time (literally, Heroscape is the battle of all time... huh? Huh? Get it?).

Oh well, I like the landscapes too.

And you have my supprt, Daddyscaper. Put kidscaper back in his place.

lol

All work and no play makes n1ck3l a dull boy... and it means you are spending too much time setting up the map. Get on with it!
Old January 11th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Thanks, n1ck. I can use all the help I can get.

We had a great 3 player game on a map when a friend of mine came over recently. The map is still up, but the game was aborted near the end when my friend left. I'll put up a few pictures of the map - hopefully it will help aid the cause of those who are in need of 3 player map design inspiration - with a brief description of the battle itself.

= =
Old January 14th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Nice photos and descriptions. I love how the warriors "fall" in the photos. Do you leave them like that for the rest of the game?

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old January 14th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym
Nice photos and descriptions. I love how the warriors "fall" in the photos. Do you leave them like that for the rest of the game?
No, but it's hard to imagine chronicling the battle without showing the photos like that.

I've read about interesting looking variations including stuff like that, but we have enough trouble remembering whose turn it is after the phone rings, so we're not ready to complicate the game like that.

= =
Old January 15th, 2008, 10:54 PM

Location: Grut with the other Orcs ready to eat salted Baby preztels
BRUNAK has disabled reputation
When will your next battle be?

BRUNAK is Nerak in the PLATINUM CAVE!
Old January 16th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Ahh. Good question. I want to post some photos of the map that's up right now and I might throw in a description of the battle, but I didn't take any action shots.

We were teaching someone how to play and I didn't want to rattle him too much with the camera.

Anyway I have those photos, and then I'll have to break this 3 way map down, to set up something more appropriate to a 2 player game.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports