Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 2nd, 2016, 08:12 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Bronze Tiger - Brainstorming

Dragon Style Kung Fu could fit on pretty much anyone that Richard Dragon has trained (as it's his style of choice), which is like half of the DC Universe at this point, so I think it's reusable in and of itself. Good call spinning out Counter Strike to keep it trim in that case.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 08:18 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Dragon Style Kung Fu could fit on pretty much anyone that Richard Dragon has trained (as it's his style of choice), which is like half of the DC Universe at this point, so I think it's reusable in and of itself. Good call spinning out Counter Strike to keep it trim in that case.
Ah, fair enough. What are some other characters who haven't been done yet that you see that power fitting on, though?

If we go with Dragon Style Kung Fu and Counter Strike, I personally prefer the double activation on Phantom Strike to help him with crowd control. Maybe up the D20 roll and give it a bonus against squads?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 2nd, 2016, 08:23 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I took another look at the Trained to Perfection power as I have yet to print that card and use it. Not really feeling that for this card. He is more than worthy of MMA so if we are going to give him an auto-shield I'd just go back to that. I was trying to find a way to make him a great fighter without resorting to the auto skull and shield idea, which is how I came up with the reroll blanks idea. Combined with a d20 auto power on attack and counterstrike on defense, he should play like the top fighter he is.

I'm okay with dropping the d20 roll back down to 1 use if that is what everyone else wants. I was already thinking that would be the first thing to change if he starts coming in too strong, but was interested in seeing how it played in an actual game. Armies stick closer together will provide a target rich environment and he would get two rolls per turn, but armies that are less prone to sticking together could starve him out and limit him to one roll. Maybe that will make him difficult to price though so maybe just go with one roll but lower the number back down to 11+ (the power originally was based on Blade's 50/50 combat die roll, then changed to a d20 roll so Batman III & Rick Flag would play well with him)?

*edit* Bats idea to keep the two rolls but have different numbers for heroes vs. squads is interesting and might be easier to balance and price.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 08:25 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Sounds like splitting them is the way to go then. Another change I'll make for sure tomorrow then.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 08:28 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
If we go with Dragon Style Kung Fu and Counter Strike, I personally prefer the double activation on Phantom Strike to help him with crowd control. Maybe up the D20 roll and give it a bonus against squads?
Why does he need crowd control? Even at a single roll, that's still two figures he can take out each turn and when you pair him inside his synergies with Outlaws/Assassins, Suicide Squad, or even outside with Ms Marvel or Robot, and you're getting plenty of crowd control already. Plus, Counter Strike helps control squads due to their low attacks.

Also, just FYI, the breathing period for brainstorming is 48 hours, not 24. The only 24 period in C3G is the waiting period after an Initial is posted.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old March 2nd, 2016, 08:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Thanks for the clarification TB. I'll wait till Friday to make changes.

I agree that counterstrike with 5 def. where you reroll blanks will help with crowd control. The cool thing about his Phantom Strike is he can move through someone but does not have to end his turn next to them to get the roll. So even if they spread out and try to use ranged attacks he can still get after two figures per turn. I think I'm leaning towards just one roll right now that effects everyone equally. Keeps it simpler and easier to balance and price.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 08:57 PM
C3G Landlord

So no official updates yet but with all the great feedback and discussion this is where I'm leaning with the design right now.

NAME = BRONZE TIGER
SECRET IDENTITY = BEN TURNER
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OUTLAW
PERSONALITY = CONFLICTED
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 230?

PHANTOM STRIKE 11
Bronze Tiger can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. After moving and before attacking, you may choose one figure that Bronze Tiger moved through this turn and roll the twenty sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, the affected figure receives one unblockable wound.

DRAGON STYLE KUNG FU
When Bronze Tiger either attacks an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack or defends against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, reroll all blanks until all dice are either skulls or shields.

COUNTERSTRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 09:07 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
Why does he need crowd control? Even at a single roll, that's still two figures he can take out each turn and when you pair him inside his synergies with Outlaws/Assassins, Suicide Squad, or even outside with Ms Marvel or Robot, and you're getting plenty of crowd control already. Plus, Counter Strike helps control squads due to their low attacks.

Also, just FYI, the breathing period for brainstorming is 48 hours, not 24. The only 24 period in C3G is the waiting period after an Initial is posted.
It's not so much that he needs it, as it's thematic for him to have it and as a mid-level hero I see his best thematic role as a squad killer/mid-level hero counter. That said, if it's a more reliable single roll, he's likely taking out two squaddies per activation anyhow, and his counter strike can tag more, which is plenty of crowd control.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 2nd, 2016, 09:24 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Ah, fair enough. What are some other characters who haven't been done yet that you see that power fitting on, though?
Well, Richard Dragon himself, for one. DSKF + MMA + a "train martial artists" power would make for a cool design.* There's also an evil version of Richard Dragon in the New 52 who would probably want it. Both of the Questions (Vic Sage and Renee Montoya) trained under him, though I'm not sure if it'd feel appropriate for either.

So yeah not quite as reusable as I thought (since most of his students have been made already), but it has its niche. Even just as a shared power between Bronze Tiger and Richard Dragon would feel cool.

*Maybe a power that lets him grant Dragon Style Kung Fu to other Unique Heroes? That would be cool.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 09:27 PM

Yeah, I'm cool with it being a touchstone for Richard Dragon. Iffy on whether we could let him grant that power without potential mechanical and balance issues, though!

As it is, DSKF and MMA together are pretty nasty. His base stats would have to be 3/3 or lower, I think.

Old March 2nd, 2016, 09:38 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Oh yeah, it'd be brutal. I think that's appropriate for the guy who taught Batman and Lady Shiva, though.

A bit of a digression, though.
Old March 3rd, 2016, 07:44 PM
C3G Landlord

Things have quieted down since I posted my updated vision for the card. So lets see if the CRB have any issues.

@dok , @Dysole , @Soundwarp SG-1 , @weebaer any worries here?

Current Vision for the card:

NAME = BRONZE TIGER
SECRET IDENTITY = BEN TURNER
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OUTLAW
PERSONALITY = CONFLICTED
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 230?

PHANTOM STRIKE 11
Bronze Tiger can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. After moving and before attacking, you may choose one figure that Bronze Tiger moved through this turn and roll the twenty sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, the affected figure receives one unblockable wound.

DRAGON STYLE KUNG FU
When Bronze Tiger either attacks an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack or defends against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, reroll all blanks until all dice are either skulls or shields.

COUNTERSTRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library