Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 20th, 2015, 11:23 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Cool Re: TAF's Customs UPDATE: NICOLAS CAGE

Got a little something extra for you guys after experimenting with other pictures for these cards. First of all is the Chainsaw Fanatic, now with a picture:

I like the way he's turned out, I found a perfect picture for him, so I got off the hook! Next up for the real show: It's Nicolas Cage!!

I don't know if we've ever had big name actors on Army Cards here, so here's a hypothetical first! Nicolas Cage is a very powerful figure; no small/medium figure can stand up to him or stop him from Stealing the Declaration of Independence. His only weakness is Bee Units. You could say that now an army of B-range units are draft-worthy! Get it!? B Units!! Ha! Too bad there are no Bees in Heroscape. I will likely create a new category for "new picture cards" in the OP.

~TAF, with more tomorrow, most likely (so long as ideas keep a comin')

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 25th, 2018 at 09:14 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2015, 06:44 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Arrow Unit Examinations: Aquilla Heroes

Once again, I'm not certain which unit to focus on, so I'll just roll with all the new units for today:

Aquilla could always use some more Heroes for bonding options and such. Recoloring a lot of guys, I made a few extra options for Aquilla Armies

Character Bio: Bramm was renowned on Feylund for his unbelievable strength and spirit. Any Dwarf could follow him to victory fearlessly. However, the repeated use of his strength wore him down and slowed his advances in battle. It was during an extremely vital battle with the Undead that Bramm overextended one time too many, costing him his life. His life on Feylund, that is.

Bramm Helmsgold was extremely difficult to price. On one hand, he's got crazy good Attack and Defense, along with some incredible damage and blocking potential with Reckless Powerhouse. His Attack or Defense value can basically be 10 (or 12 with Height)! On the other hand, he's got 4 Move and 3 Life, and he can hurt himself easily. At the very least, Dwarven Defensive Positioning makes him a good option for fighting other 4 man squads like the Knights, who already have 4 defense. The best way to play him is probably defensively, only using Reckless Powerhouse sparingly. He's got some incredible abilities, but man is he slow as heck.

Character Bio: A second wave of Orcs fought their way up the hill, towards their target. The Monks had numbered so few, yet they would not be stopped on this position of theirs. But it was over now--the Orcs' numbered too many in their renewed assault. Morak led his battalion forward, seeing his comrades go flying back in the distance. Drawing his sword, Morak rushed into battle. A monk in red was right in front of him, already battling a Heavy Grut. Raising his weapon, Morak ordered his Orcs to charge and rushed into the fray. Paying them little heed, the monk kicked the Heavy back easily, the weighty foe colliding with Morak and his Orcs and sending them reeling all the way back down the hill.

Master Juan hurts. With Knockback Kick 11, he can kick his opponents into each other and inflict additional damage (+1 Style Points). The fact that it sends foes flying in a straight line makes it fair, so lava throwing is difficult to accomplish. It's a wordy power, to be sure, but after looking at Master Woo's card again, I figured it was okay. Secondly, with Master's Assault, he can do that to everyone around him. The collateral is real. His greatest strength comes from being able to be powered up by Master Woo, giving him much more deadly stats. Ironically, even if Juan could jump, Master's Influence wouldn't help, as the Jumping bonus only applies to Squads, oddly enough. With fewer supportive powers and worse stats, I figured 120 was a fair price, even with all the destructive potential. With Woo, Juan, and x3 Monks, you've got a decent 500 point Melee Army right there.

Character Bio: Wild Hunt is one of the most ferocious of the River Tribe. In battle, he races up to the first enemy he sees and hurls his mighty axe at them. Even should he miss and lose his weapon, he fights on, even with his bare hands if he has to.

I'm not sure why there were never any more Indian Heroes--it really hurts the Mohicians to only get one bonding option, even if he is a good one. Thus I resolve to help them out with more good Heroes. *Looks at possible sculpts to recolor*... Oh... that's going to be difficult. Wild Hunt may not be as good as Brave Arrow, but he is still very strong for his points, similar to Arkmer at the very least. With a ranged attack of 4, he can do some damage with his Throwing Hatchet. Problem is, if he can't kill his prey, then he can't go retrieve his weapon. Even with his Attack Range reduced to 1, he can still lend a hand so long as the Mohicans are using their Bonding.

Character Bio: "They're everywhere! Protect the convoy!" A Mariedian shouted amidst the gunfire.

"Don't worry! I've got 'em!" Hogung Cide leapt into action, shooting down foe after foe. Rushing into battle fearlessly, the Fighter sprayed lead at every enemy he saw. The Deathwalkers hadn't been met with ferocity like this in a long time.

"That's it! They're falling back! You did it!" The resistance fighters cheered, but Hogung was still in his element, all but deaf to them.

"They're running away! After them, boys!" Hogung shot at a measly DeathReaver, giving chase as it scurried into a tiny tunnel.

"No! What are you doing! Get back here!" Hogung would not listen. He chased down that Rat, diving into the tunnel and recklessly pursuing it. Climbing out into the open, the Mariedian found himself surrounded by DeathWalkers, red dots beginning to cover his body as they took aim, "Oops."

Aquilla saved Hogung at the last minute, and in his gratitude he pledged service to her and her mission. Now he leads the Mariedians into a new conflict, still always searching for that Rat that got away.

Hogung Cide is a new Mariedian Hero. For relatively cheap, he can pack a punch against more expensive foes with Bravery, giving him good ranged stats of 4/4 for only 70 points. Only problem is, he gets Tunnel Vision when he attacks an enemy, getting too focused on killing his target and forgetting about the battle around him. You definitely need to be picky about who you target, because if you get hung up on someone you just can't kill, then Hogung'll have to waste a lot of time and take a lot of Passing Swipes to get to that foe.

Well, that's all for now! More to come in the OP to be sure! All feedback is appreciated, I guess.

~TAF

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 25th, 2018 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Wild Hunt cost reduced to 30
Old January 23rd, 2015, 01:14 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: TAF's Customs UPDATE: AQUILLA HEROES

I got The One Who Got Away by Katy Perry stuck in my head when reading the last sentence in Hogung's bio lol.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old January 23rd, 2015, 01:14 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd give wild hunt concealment to offset his defense of 1 to be honest.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old January 23rd, 2015, 10:01 AM

I enjoy his only having one power, so I opted to lower his point cost instead. 30 points reflects Marcu's 6 life/1 defense and 4 attack, although Wild Hunt is slower, has less life, can't heal, but has Range and Bonding options. Hopefully that works out fair enough given his incredibly poor survivability.

~TAF

Old January 23rd, 2015, 10:28 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: TAF's Customs UPDATE: VALKRILL AND ULLAR

These guys have a pretty good theme, makes me think of elven warriors on lord of the rings. The Feylund Vanguard abilities look pretty good, I think the price is just a little steep for a 3 attack 3 defense unit. sure they get 4 attack if they have more than one engaged, but I would drop them at least 10 points. Knights of weston have 3attack 4 defense and they bond with a hero. The abilities on your hero elf look pretty good, he is closer in on his points, I think at 120 he looks pretty good. I like the idea of Unyielding duel, wording on it could be a little better to grasp what he is trying to do. It made sense in your description. Overall very cool units, I am anxious to see what figures you use. Any word on what figures you will use?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
In-Depth Unit of the Day: The Feylund Vanguard and Sylvis

Character Bio: Not all Elves are frail. The Feylund Vanguard are an elite battalion of Elves summoned from a Feylund long before the era of the Nine and Cyprien in a time when no Elf could afford the luxury of frailty or the calm studies of the Magic Arts. Trained to stand in formation around their leaders and each other, the Feylund Vanguard beat their enemies into submission, much akin to the Knights and Roman soldiers of Earth. Their commander, Sylvis, can issue them orders in the heat of battle. This Elf commander finds himself a worthy opponent and engages them relentlessly, never showing signs of stopping until one of them falls.

The Feylund Vanguard are a powerful Elf soldier unit--a squad of 4--that when played correctly can easily transform into a fearsome steamroller unit. While they may not synergize great with the Elven Wizards (especially Jordawn), they can hold their own in battle against other powerful Melee foes.

The idea of this Unit was to make a formation squad similar to the Romans AKA they gain bonuses from sticking together. Frontline Defense ensures that the Vanguard and any Elf Heroes near them will gain an extra defense die from adjacent attacks. This puts them at a much better 4 defense, and it's adjacency requirement means that they can't just stand around Ulginesh and friends while they sit on top of a hill with Haduc and throw fire at people. This power needs you to be in the action.

Similarly, Aggressive Positioning means that Feylund Vanguard must attack in pairs to do their true damage potential. Keep in mind that the power states that any Vanguard may be used to activate this power, so Sylvis will work too, if there is only one Feylund Vanguard fighting. Additionally, with three Feylund Vanguard, an enemy may not escape, making it all that much easier to mow them down with ranged fire or beat them down with Sylvis.

At 80 points, these guys are strong, but without bonding their competitive uses with similar units may be limited. Luckily, Sylvis gives them a bit of bonding, one way or another. With Quick Command, Sylvis may attack with all adjacent Elf Melee squads as he moves in--taking a quick turn with the Vanguard (or WoA) before he begins his assault. While a touch more difficult to set up, this can allow 5 Activations per OM if used correctly.

Lastly, Sylvis' power Unyielding Duel enables him to cripple any unit he wounds, making it all the easier for him to finish them off next time. In a one-on-one fight to the death, this can be incredibly powerful.

At 80 and 120 points, they make a nice 200 point combo. They are quite powerful in a group against Melee foes. Ranged fire may be their undoing, however, as Frontline Defense only works against adjacent attacks. As such, these guys might not be the best for charging strait into the fray. They can be useful as a guard to your own ranged Elves, able to protect them and destroy any force that gets too close.

Anyway, these guys are really cool I think. Feel free to leave feedback and stuff.

~TAF

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 23rd, 2015, 11:06 AM

Thanks for the feedback, TREX. I'm not sure what figures to use for these guys, but I was influenced by elves from LotR and other fantasy worlds with Elven soldiers (so I guess anyone would work). I figured 80 was a good point value for the Vanguard since they can boost their stats to 4/4 pretty easily--perhaps I'll adjust it to match the Knights given the lack of bonding.

~TAF

Old January 23rd, 2015, 08:48 PM

Arrow Unit Examination: Sir Vlad

Updated the Feylund Vanguard to 70 points and changed their class from Soldier to Vanguard (to help with Aggressive Positioning clarity). I'm not sure of the best way to reword Sylvis' power, but I digress. Onto the next unit of the day!

Character Bio: Sir Vlad does what he must to survive. This Blackgaard Captain carries an unusual sense of honor about him, whipping his men into shape and organizing them into a stronger battalion. This training comes from Sir Vlad's own extensive experience in countless European wars, years spent in peaceful meditation and in harsh physical conditions. Vlad has been a Knight of Weston, a Knight of Blackgaard, a chronicler, a pirate, and a monk. He has even dabbled in the dark arts. Yes, Vlad is a jack of many trades, and he knows many loyalties. Although Utgar summoned him as a Blackgaard knight, Sir Vlad does not hesitate to show allegiance to Jandar's own Weston knights when necessary. Vlad fights for Utgar in hope that he will be returned to Earth for his service, but his Earthly experiences have led him to have many different friends under many different flags.

Sir Vlad is a good synergy option for the Knights of Weston, the Knights of Blackgaard, the Phantom Knights, and the Death Knights of Valkrill. I think the dumbest thing about the Blackgaard Knights (not that they're bad) is that they have absolutely no synergy with Sir Hawthorne. Heck, Sir Hawthorne is still best when paired with Knights of Weston, which is kind of dumb. This is still the case with Sir Vlad, a man of many uses, but he sort of helps them out too, if they can get their Blackgaard Surge working.

Sir Vlad's stats are identical to Sir Hawthorne's, although he offers far more supportive abilities. First of all is Knight Leadership. Sir Vlad's intense training inspires Knights of all sorts to move faster into battle. With it, he helps out the Knights of Weston (although Gilbert can do that a bit better, but you could have both I suppose), and he bumps up Blackgaard and Valkrill Knights to a highly mobile move of 6. The Phantom Knights gain a move of 7, more akin to the Shades of Bleakwoode. All Leadership abilities are really good, and Sir Vlad's no exception, save for being the most expensive unit to offer this ability (tied with Morgoloth). With 6 move, the Blackgaard Knights are very effective with 4 attack/4 defense.

Next up is another boosting ability: Surge Aura. All (Death) Knights next to Sir Vlad gain an extra attack and defense die, but only if you've won initiative. This can be extremely powerful, like all boosting abilities, but it's mighty flimsy, especially given the fact that it lasts the entire round (which is super-good if it works and super-bad if it doesn't). Obviously the Blackgaard Knights help this if they can get engaged, significantly improving your chances of winning initiative. This is their greatest asset with Sir Vlad, helping him so he can help them attain 5/5 Attack/Defense.

Sir Vlad is an extremely versatile unit, another good bonding option for Knights of Weston and Death Knights, as well as a good booster to Phantom Knights, Templar Cavalry, and Knights of Blackgaard (that's a lot of knights). As such, he fits in quite nicely with a number of armies, although hopefully his greatest asset is to aid the Knights of Blackgaard.

Obviously, Sir Vlad's biggest weakness is his expensive cost. 140 is more than any other bonding option for the Knights of Weston and Death Knights (save for Taelord). On top of that, the Blackgaard Knights are expensive already, and don't have any sort of bonding to move Vlad into position. The Phantom Knights and Templar Cavalry also don't quite need the extra movement. As such, can be pretty pricey for his abilities.

His weaknesses are also the same as many similar units. Even with good life and defense, large amounts of Ranged fire can bring him down in time. He's also fairly expensive for a medium hero, and is susceptible to a number of insta-kill abilities possessed by less expensive units (one question you always have to ask when spending more than 120 points on a small/medium hero is "what if Grimnak"?). Without bonding, he's also only one attack a turn as well. Definitely bring some Death Knights if you can, but on an all-relentless army, he's stuck with one hit per OM.

Even so, Sir Vlad can be useful for any number of armies, and isn't a bad choice for any of them if you can spare the points. Versatility is his forte, and as such his uses are many.

~TAF

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 25th, 2018 at 09:17 PM.
Old January 24th, 2015, 01:57 PM

Arrow Unit Examination: Renis Assassin

Today we're looking at a wicked-cool repaint (photoshop) of Arkmer, trading out his staff for Emiroon's sword to become a deadly Renais Assassin.

Character Bio: Einar's deadly Assassins keep careful watch over all of his cities, finding and executing spies with devastating precision. Outside Einar's domain, these stealthy warriors lay low and wait for the right opportunity to find high-priority targets. Once one of Utgar's ranking officers is nearby, they rush in for the kill. Although this open display ruins their cover, any good Renais Assassin manages to blend back into the crowd before Utgar's men even know what was going on.

The Renais Assassin is a relatively cheap means of killing off enemies that are just too much trouble.When played correctly, they can infiltrate enemy ranks with ease or simply protect your own units from the shadows. With Discreet, they are impossible to find amongst swarms of soldiers--even your opponent's. With this, they can move alongside large groups of enemies and allies and avoid ranged fire. Phantom Walk ensures that they get away easily.

Once the target is within range, it's time to Assassinate them. With Assassinate, the small/medium target is deprived of any defense dice when attacked, ensuring that squishier units (aka low life) are killed easily. With 6 move and Phantom Walk, an Assassin can reach his target easily enough.

The tradeoff is that once Assassinate has been used, all of the Renais Assassin's abilities are negated for the duration of the round. This means that Assassinating a well protected unit is suicide. You'll be susceptible to Passing Swipes and will no longer be safe from Ranged Fire. The Assassin must time his kill close to the end of the round, or make his escape smoothly enough to ensure that he will survive long enough to regain his abilities. This means that killing a foe on OM 3 is the best idea, or simply using Assassinate on units that are less guarded overall.

Renais Assassins are quite handy to have around when dealing with Commanders and Cheerleaders. They may only have one attack per OM, but they can easily infiltrate enemy ranks and kill their target. Played correctly, they can even escape afterwards. Your enemy will have to be very careful if they want to protect their MVP units, because Renais Assassins are far more deadly than Siiv and Isamu.

The biggest weakness of the Renais Assassins is Large and Huge units. They cannot use Discreet amongst bigger units and they cannot Assassinate larger foes. If unable to use Discreet, Assassins are quite susceptible to Ranged Fire as well. Sometimes Squads of 2 can be useful, as they will not trigger Discreet should an Assassin be all alone. 4 Blade Gruts will only protect the Assassin from ranged fire, but 2 Death Knights will not trigger his abilities. Lastly, just plain old protection can help out. Make sure that if the Assassin wants to live through his kill, he cannot target your Raelin. He is still more expensive than her, after all. An Assassin is best used on units that are alone or not properly defended.

So there you have it: the Renais Assassin. I think he's very thematic and cool, but any other feedback is greatly appreciated! More in the OP!

~TAF

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 25th, 2018 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Lowered Move to 6
Old January 24th, 2015, 04:13 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: TAF's Customs UPDATE: ASSASSIN'S CREED???

The Renais Assassin hits pretty hard, though has some strange quirks, very nice.

How about you drop his move to 5 when Discreet is active? No normal person is going to super dash at the speed of Viper. It will also make it considerably easier for fornation armies to actually counter him, because he can't outrun them. You could always give him an extra +1 move when he moves in for the kill if you can pull it off.

I have a bunch of extra wizards so I may just try to make a copy for myself lol.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 24th, 2015, 04:28 PM

Re: TAF's Customs UPDATE: ASSASSIN'S CREED???

That's very true, perhaps he is a bit too hard to catch for someone who can avoid ranged fire. To avoid confusing wording, I may just drop his Move to 6--lots of other Humans have 6 Move, except the Kozuke Samurai, who can be faster than Vipers.

~TAF

P.S. I'd be mighty impressed to actually see this sculpt come to life, especially with the sword. For an Elf repaint, Laelia (Jordawn) and Jarvais (Sonlen) would probably be a lot easier. I've some extra Elven Wizards of my own, but I already repainted them as Drow.

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 24th, 2015 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Actual Painting???
Old January 25th, 2015, 03:35 PM

Arrow New stuff

Nothing in particular to focus on today. Check out the OP for newer units.

Well, that's all for now folks. I'll be back with more eventually. Until then.
~TAF

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 3rd, 2016 at 09:52 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards