Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old October 17th, 2019, 07:07 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

I personally don't love the titles "Sister of Darkness/Light" added on to these two. I like titles in general, just not as much here. I think it would be more interesting to just give them the same last name (i.e. just make it "Sirenia Reyjyre"), showing that they're sisters who took different paths. That may just be me, though.

With that, I would have a slight preference that Sirenia just be an Elf, but that may also just be me (some may have pause with Life Drain on an Elf, but I think it would be pretty cool). Or, another idea if you want to change the design further is to make her a Vampire and give her flying, though that would probably necessitate dropping one of the current powers. Just a thought.

I really like Enlsave on Sirenia, I think it's a cool reuse of the power.

I don't like A Soldier's Endurance as-is, since it's basically giving her 8 move which feels out of line for the elves. I preferred it at once per round, though at that point you could probably just make it Overextend Attack.

Follow Me! is a better power for Rania, though I don't like the name so much.

Have you thought about making Rania a Warlord? You'd need to tweak the design a bit if you do, but I've been thinking an Elf Warlord would be cool for a while now (and I know others have as well).

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old October 18th, 2019, 12:19 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Thanks for your feedback. My comments in red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
I personally don't love the titles "Sister of Darkness/Light" added on to these two. I like titles in general, just not as much here. I think it would be more interesting to just give them the same last name (i.e. just make it "Sirenia Reyjyre"), showing that they're sisters who took different paths. That may just be me, though.

They're not biological sisters. In any event, I'll leave the "Sister of" out of their names going forward, and explain their relationship in their Bios.

With that, I would have a slight preference that Sirenia just be an Elf, but that may also just be me (some may have pause with Life Drain on an Elf, but I think it would be pretty cool). Or, another idea if you want to change the design further is to make her a Vampire and give her flying, though that would probably necessitate dropping one of the current powers. Just a thought.

I hear you, but she makes more sense as is, to me.

I really like Enlsave on Sirenia, I think it's a cool reuse of the power.

Me too.

I don't like A Soldier's Endurance as-is, since it's basically giving her 8 move which feels out of line for the elves. I preferred it at once per round, though at that point you could probably just make it Overextend Attack.

I can easily go back to once a Round with A Soldier's Endurance. Overextend Attack is not suited to her with just 5 Life.

Follow Me! is a better power for Rania, though I don't like the name so much.

What would you suggest?

Have you thought about making Rania a Warlord? You'd need to tweak the design a bit if you do, but I've been thinking an Elf Warlord would be cool for a while now (and I know others have as well).

I figured SoV would frown on Bonding. I'd love to make her a Warlord!
We'll leave Sirenia as is except for the name. Making her a Warlord really works for me. We'll keep A Soldier's Endurance (with X Marker) versus Overextend Attack for the reason given above. Adopting your movement power (Ullar Battle Cry), I'll take out the Ullar restriction, because I want the power to work with Romans. Her personality will now be Relentless (mimicking the Venoc Warlord).

Still need price suggestions . . .

RANIA REYJYRE

General Ullar

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Warlord
Personality Relentless

Size Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points ???

A SOLDIER’S ENDURANCE
After moving and attacking with Rania, you may reveal the X Marker and move Rania up to 3 additional spaces and attack one additional time. Rania will take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with A Soldier’s Endurance.

BATTLE CRY
After Rania destroys an opponent's figure with a normal attack, you may move 3 squad figures you control up to 3 spaces.

DEMETRIA REYJYRE

General Utgar

Unique Hero
Species Succubus
Class Warrior
Personality Terrifying

Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points ???

LIFE DRAIN
Each time Demetria destroys a figure, you may remove a wound from this Army Card. Demetria cannot Life Drain destructible objects.

SONIC SWORD
Range 1, Attack 4
Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose another figure adjacent to the targeted figure to be affected by Sonic Sword. Roll attack dice once for both figures.

ENSLAVE 17
When revealing an order marker on Demetria, after taking Demetria's turn, you may choose any Unique Hero figure within 4 spaces of Demetria. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen Hero and innediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All order markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.

Last edited by kolakoski; October 18th, 2019 at 01:52 PM.
Old October 18th, 2019, 01:59 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Quote:
I figured SoV would frown on Bonding. I'd love to make her a Warlord!
We'll leave Sirenia as is except for the name. Making her a Warlord really works for me. We'll keep A Soldier's Endurance (with X Marker) versus Overextend Attack for the reason given above. Adopting your movement power (Ullar Battle Cry), I'll take out the Ullar restriction, because I want the power to work with Romans. Her personality will now be Relentless (mimicking the Venoc Warlord).
Bonding depends. In general it's frowned upon to keep it from being thrown on everything willy nilly. Especially with Warlords, there are tons of Roman bonding options already, but I think your design is in a good direction for becoming a Warlord (and being Ullar means she'll have use with the Armocs, not just Romans).

I definitely don't think she should be Relentless, though. Death Knight bonding is a step too far in my opinion. Just being a Warlord is fine, and Valiant fit her powers well.

I also definitely think you should keep the movement power to boosting only Ullar figures (squad-only optional, maybe, I'd have to look at the heroes more closely first). Romans don't need the help to be better for one, and moving any squad in the game is way too nuts.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old October 18th, 2019, 02:05 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

How is A Soldier's Endurance's ability connecting with its name? It's a bonus move and attack. That doesn't imply endurance, or even the discipline I'd associate with a soldier necessarily - it's a heroic charge into enemy lines. Endurance has nothing to do with the power, as written.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 18th, 2019, 02:13 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post

I definitely don't think she should be Relentless, though. Death Knight bonding is a step too far in my opinion. Just being a Warlord is fine, and Valiant fit her powers well.

I also definitely think you should keep the movement power to boosting only Ullar figures (squad-only optional, maybe, I'd have to look at the heroes more closely first). Romans don't need the help to be better for one, and moving any squad in the game is way too nuts.

OK, back to Valiant. I took the squad restriction from your power, but I'll be glad to make it figures. As to restricting it to Ullar, that is way too limiting. The Romans, in today's meta, need all the help they can get. I want them to benefit from the possibility of being moved by Battle Cry and then being able to move/screen and/or attack right behind her. She would also be so much more useful in a Valiant army.

There was some push back against it, but I think the inclusion of Enslave 17 cries out for Demetria to have Succubus as her Species.

Still need price suggestions . . .

RANIA REYJYRE

General Ullar

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Warlord
Personality Valiant

Size Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points ???

A SOLDIER’S ENDURANCE
After moving and attacking with Rania, you may reveal the X Marker and move Rania up to 3 additional spaces and attack one additional time. Rania will take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with A Soldier’s Endurance.

BATTLE CRY
After Rania destroys an opponent's figure with a normal attack, you may move 3 figures you control up to 3 spaces.

DEMETRIA REYJYRE

General Utgar

Unique Hero
Species Succubus
Class Warrior
Personality Terrifying

Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points ???

LIFE DRAIN
Each time Demetria destroys a figure, you may remove a wound from this Army Card. Demetria cannot Life Drain destructible objects.

SONIC SWORD
Range 1, Attack 4
Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose another figure adjacent to the targeted figure to be affected by Sonic Sword. Roll attack dice once for both figures.

ENSLAVE 17
When revealing an order marker on Demetria, after taking Demetria's turn, you may choose any Unique Hero figure within 4 spaces of Demetria. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen Hero and innediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All order markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.

P.S.: "How is A Soldier's Endurance's ability connecting with its name? It's a bonus move and attack. That doesn't imply endurance, or even the discipline I'd associate with a soldier necessarily - it's a heroic charge into enemy lines. Endurance has nothing to do with the power, as written." ~ Lazy Orang

After a normal turn, moving and attacking, at full bore, exhaustion would normally occur. Being able to go the extra distance and then fight comes from training and endurance (see forced marches during the Napoleonic wars). I suppose we could call it Forced March.

Last edited by kolakoski; October 18th, 2019 at 05:16 PM.
Old October 18th, 2019, 11:46 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas
HEROSCAPE SCENARIO: CREATURE FEATURE
A POST HALLOWEEN MONSTER MASH
By Chas

Each player selects an army totaling 600 Points; maximum 25 spaces. No Humans are allowed! The army must contain at least one Unique Hero and at least one two space figure (one figure may qualify for both categories). C3V customs are allowed, but no C3G. Figures may be proxied.

This will be a free for all on a large map containing a great variety of terrain. At the beginning, players will be able to select their start zone in a random order. Up to six players may be accommodated. Random Treasure Glyphs will be placed on the battlefield, which only heroes can use as per normal TG rules.

After 10 turns, the player with the most points left on the board will win.

There will be a Second Game. At start, players in a random order will choose another player's army to use! No player may run their own army. Then, players will select their start zones in reverse order from the army draft.

Sounds like a plan. Especially as chas has allowed me to field the latest iterations of a couple of my customs. Testing, testing . . .

RANIA REYJYRE

General Ullar

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Warlord
Personality Valiant

Size Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points 130

A SOLDIER’S ENDURANCE

BATTLE CRY
After Rania destroys an opponent's figure with a normal attack, you may move 3 figures you control up to 3 spaces.

DEMETRIA REYJYRE

General Utgar

Unique Hero
Species Succubus
Class Warrior
Personality Terrifying

Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points 130

LIFE DRAIN

SONIC SWORD
Range 1, Attack 4

ENSLAVE 17

Old October 19th, 2019, 03:21 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

This has been a lot of changes in a short time.
Old October 19th, 2019, 10:36 AM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
This has been a lot of changes in a short time.
Lots of recent feedback. Especially from Bigga. That it was more than OK for Rania to be a Warlord was a big deal. Battle Cry is derived from a power he suggested. Biting the bullet and giving Demetria (another good change, relationship with Rania to be explained in Bio) Enslave 17, instead of creating a Runaesque power for her, was also a big deal.

The designs, as they stand now, look complete. They both look interesting and fun to play, with fascinating combinations of powers. I'm excited to see how they play on November 2nd's game day.

P.S.: 130 points each?

Last edited by kolakoski; October 19th, 2019 at 11:16 AM.
Old October 19th, 2019, 11:03 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Both designs look a lot better to me, kolakoski. As someone who regularly fights Romans, I can't say that I agree that they need help at all, though. They aren't the best army in the game, but they're still quite good. I would test that combo quite a bit as well as with Armoc Vipers.

---

I've made several tweaks to my Seishin Samurai custom and it now feels very fun and engaging to play. I'm hoping to get it submitted very soon if there aren't any issues, since availability is dwindling as the sculpt gets older.

Some brief notes on the design:
  • I am not attached to the Wave of Fear power name at all. It is simply the best that I could find as a vaguely Samurai-sounding name.
  • Similarly, Wave of Fear is intended to work with Kato Katsuro. It's really just a small touch that I think makes them more useable with him, but I'd prefer to avoid Order Marker reveals for this reason.
  • I've found them to be a fun addition to the Unique Squads, but they really shine with the Tagawa Samurai Archers. The TSA have always been pretty boring to play in my opinion, but adding some more decision-making and coverage when you lose a figure really changes their playstyle and makes them feel unique. The costlier, more expensive Unique Samurai struggle to find enough value with more than one or two of these guys, but the TSA really like having multiples that they can keep on reviving.
Old October 19th, 2019, 11:21 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Oooo... very cool with that samurai skeleton. I would love to run an army of:
Tagawa Archers X5, Raelin RotV, Sheishin X4
Looks like a pretty fun unit that would make for some pretty interesting game decisions.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 20th, 2019, 12:18 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

They appear to be very similar to the Ebon Armor, in a good way. I Like them a lot. The Utah NHSD was earlier today. Reverse the whip format, I ran all three Unique Samurai Squads, and the Ebon Armor. (3 wins, 1 loss) I think that 4 of these guys would be about as good as the Ebon Armor in that army, but these guys also work with the common Archers. The Ebon Armor is 125 (and in my opinion a little over priced) and they only work on Unique figures, and you're never going to be able to have more than 4 of them on the field. Because of all that, and the potential of moving and attacking with more than 4 of them, I'd suggest bumping them to 30 points.
Old October 20th, 2019, 12:42 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Oooo... very cool with that samurai skeleton. I would love to run an army of:
Tagawa Archers X5, Raelin RotV, Sheishin X4
Looks like a pretty fun unit that would make for some pretty interesting game decisions.
Definitely. Scytale's most recent suggestion for the mechanic of Wave of Fear is a blast to try and set up, and it really sells their terrifying personality. It adds another dimension to the TSA and makes them a lot more dynamic to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
They appear to be very similar to the Ebon Armor, in a good way. I Like them a lot. The Utah NHSD was earlier today. Reverse the whip format, I ran all three Unique Samurai Squads, and the Ebon Armor. (3 wins, 1 loss) I think that 4 of these guys would be about as good as the Ebon Armor in that army, but these guys also work with the common Archers. The Ebon Armor is 125 (and in my opinion a little over priced) and they only work on Unique figures, and you're never going to be able to have more than 4 of them on the field. Because of all that, and the potential of moving and attacking with more than 4 of them, I'd suggest bumping them to 30 points.
Thanks! The Ebon Armor were definitely an inspiration--I keep meaning to proxy them someday. Congrats on the wins.

I'm hesitant to bump the points further. I like the weird point value at 25--it slots in nicely with the TSA's 65 points, and it stacks to 50 or 75 to give Samurai builds more options for filler. At 30, 2x of them competes directly with the Izumi Samurai and 4x conflicts with the Tagawa Samurai, so they'd find less use in non-archer builds. Once you can start affording the other squads, they've often proven to be the better choice.

Also, the Wave of Fear is actually a lot more difficult to set up than anticipated. Moving and attacking with 5 of them is definitely scary, but that costs 125 points + the dead Samurai, which at best is about an additional 100 points of killed figures. Many games that I've played with them, I realize that I could've gotten away with fewer Seishin than I expected, since the opponent is often pretty smart about not letting them build up forever. So far I've found the sweetspot to be 2-3 for TSA builds and 1-2 for Unique ones, because they do experience some diminishing returns.

That said, I definitely could stand to test more with 5+ of them in the army. I'll need to see them at those higher totals in action more before feeling justified in a price bump.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards