Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old February 2nd, 2010, 08:12 PM

Commander GD Woo who?
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander GD View Post
PS: Don't use phrases like "MUHAHAHA!!!!!" on here, some people on this site are very neg-rep happy.
Anyone who would neg-rep for that deserves to be slapped. I suppose if that were the ONLY thing posted, then maybe, but not if you put it at the end of a post that contributes to the thread, as BassistofDoom's did.
Yes I agree anyone who would Neg rep you for adding a maniacal laugh to then end of a substantial post has issues.
Oh I certainly agree, but I have been neg reped for using a guy's name in a post, so it is better to be safe.

Anyway,

Zelrig to burn the Nagrubs up (185/185)
Raelin (80/265)
Sujoah to sting some heros (185/450)
Guilty for filler (480)
Isamu (10/490)
Otonashi (10/500)

500/500 8 hexes
Old February 2nd, 2010, 08:26 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander GD View Post
Zelrig to burn the Nagrubs up (185/185)
Raelin (80/265)
Sujoah to sting some heros (185/450)
Guilty for filler (480)
Isamu (10/490)
Otonashi (10/500)

500/500 8 hexes
Maybe if this army teamed up with Rich10's Anubian army it could beat mine, but except for cooking off my 'Grubs I don't think that you'll have much luck against the rest of the army.

Quote:
TKN
Nagrubs x2
Charos
Isamu
500/11
Your use of heroes negates stomp, but if Sujoah get close enough to TKN or Charos to try to Sting them, Sujoah will get swatted pretty fast. And if Zelly tries to hit and run with a combo of Fly and Majestic Flame (which with only 3 Attack won't do much against my 5 Defense Heroes without quite a bit of luck) Charos will eventually corner him and wrestle him down, thanks to 9 Life and Counterstrike.

As far as your choice in filler, the Marro Warriors (even though I hate them) would be a much better selection for 50 points than the mishmash you presently have listed.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old February 2nd, 2010, 08:56 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Khosumet 75
Anubian Wolves x 5 375
Marro Warriors 50
Total 500 20 hexes
The obvious answer is WoA to negate the chance of melee attacks of 9, but to mix it up how about

TKN to stomp some wolves
Nagrubs x2 to heal him when he gets hit
Charos mops up one the rest of the Wolves and the Marro one at a time, aided by Counterstrike
Isamu tops it off
500/11

And hopefully the D20 never breaks 15.
That looks like an awfully good matchup for the Anubians. I would have gone with WOA or a screen (rats or equivalent) and range. I tried a quick matchup calculator for the Anubians vs TKN and the Anubians did great.
http://math.lfc.edu/~yuen/heroscape/...quest=findprob
Old February 2nd, 2010, 09:13 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
That looks like an awfully good matchup for the Anubians. I would have gone with WOA or a screen (rats or equivalent) and range. I tried a quick matchup calculator for the Anubians vs TKN and the Anubians did great.
http://math.lfc.edu/~yuen/heroscape/...quest=findprob
Crapcicles. And after after I just admonished Commander GD about his match-up versus my army. How embarrassing.

Last edited by Killometer; February 2nd, 2010 at 09:24 PM.
Old February 8th, 2010, 06:49 PM

Hmm, this thread seems to have gotten bogged down because I didn't think that Commander GD's army could beat my army, and Rich10 didn't think that my army coud beat his army, so let's reboot back to Rich10's and see if I can do better this time.

Quote:
Khosumet 75
Anubian Wolves x 5 375
Marro Warriors 50
Total 500 20 hexes

TSA x4 make up the meat of the army. They move to height and rain arrows on the advancing wolves.
Bacon bumps the archer's Defense up to 5 (or 6 for those that have height), greatly improving the odds of successful Counterstriking.
AE Drop in above Khosumet and the MW to take them out.
MBS cleans up.
500/19

Old February 8th, 2010, 07:23 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Just for the record, the matchup calculator's handling of Tor-Kul-Na is almost uniquely uncharitable.
  1. Trample stomps capped at 1/turn. That's reasonable in some cases, but against a melee squad, it's reasonable to imagine getting more than one in a turn.
  2. There's no nagrub healing. No healing! That's a large part of the appeal of Tor-Kul-Na.
  3. No attacks with Nagrubs, which isn't insignificant against squad figures.
I'm not saying stompy could necessarily bring down 15 Anubians by himself - in fact I doubt that. But I'd expect him to do much better than the calculator insinuates, in capable hands.
Old February 8th, 2010, 08:01 PM

Commander GD Woo who?

Quote:

TSA x4 make up the meat of the army. They move to height and rain arrows on the advancing wolves.
Bacon bumps the archer's Defense up to 5 (or 6 for those that have height), greatly improving the odds of successful Counterstriking.
AE Drop in above Khosumet and the MW to take them out.
MBS cleans up.
500/19
Well, I'll give it another shot, and please correct me if my army is incapable of defeating the other.

Gueri-Oni (100/100) To negate both Counterstrike and ranged attacks
Raelin (80/180) To boost the evil eye
Q9 (180/360) To kill the squad heavy army
Kravs (100/460) To challenge the range
Isamu (10/470) Filler
Guilty (30/500) Filler

500pts, 10 hexes (No grenades for you )
Old February 8th, 2010, 09:06 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Q9, Raelin, and Krav? Yeah, I think that might manage to do the trick. (Good use of Gurei-Oni, though. High marks there.)

As long as I'm here:

20 Marcu
280 Dwarves x4
200 Shades x2
500, 23 hexes
Old February 8th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Q9, Raelin, and Krav? Yeah, I think that might manage to do the trick. (Good use of Gurei-Oni, though. High marks there.)

As long as I'm here:

20 Marcu
280 Dwarves x4
200 Shades x2
500, 23 hexes
Shades hurt unique heroes.

Dwarves hurt large/huge figures. This would mean small/medium squads would do pretty well.

WoA x6 300
Acolarh 110
Raelin 80
Isamu 10
Total 500/21 hexes
Old February 8th, 2010, 11:30 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
WoA x6 300
Acolarh 110
Raelin 80
Isamu 10
Total 500/21 hexes
Everyone watch me! I'm going to do something ridiculous!

Tagawa Samurai Archers x4
Hatamoto Taro
Raelin v1
Theracus
500/16

Take that you melee elves!

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old February 8th, 2010, 11:37 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

I'll go for something wierd too.
Gurei Oni 100
Vipers X5 300
Kaemon Awa 420
Repulsors X2 500
Kind of a hodge podge army, but it would work because Counterstrike would work well but wouldn't be too dramatic. Then the Repulsors are there so the next person can't use Deathwalker 8k

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old February 8th, 2010, 11:44 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubafication View Post
I'll go for something wierd too.
Gurei Oni 100
Vipers X5 300
Kaemon Awa 420
Repulsors X2 500
Kind of a hodge podge army, but it would work because Counterstrike would work well but wouldn't be too dramatic. Then the Repulsors are there so the next person can't use Deathwalker 8k
Not weird and definitely not a hodge podge...
Kato 200
Yari x 3 120
Harq x 3 180
Total 500 (sit a Yari)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion