Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old January 16th, 2008, 04:38 AM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker
Has anyone here played "Munchkin" from Steve Jackson Games?

I once thought to use the item cards in a sudo RPG style game. I'll discuss more if anybody here knows what I'm talking about.

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old February 27th, 2008, 01:49 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
This is something I have been working on:

http://www.heroscapers.com/download/?dlid=1341
Old February 27th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I like the idea of a heroscape rpg.

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old March 4th, 2008, 11:30 AM

dracothehalfdragon has disabled reputation
start with a custom of yourself, post the kills and who killed your figure after each battle, let others decide how many points you earn for that, use points to purchase upgrades, I would be willing to run/monitor a thread for this purpose.

No more giant sigs
Old March 10th, 2008, 09:41 AM

MinhBinh has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorgophlats
Has anyone here played "Munchkin" from Steve Jackson Games?

I once thought to use the item cards in a sudo RPG style game. I'll discuss more if anybody here knows what I'm talking about.
Heck yeah, I know Munchkin. My friends and I play Munchkin/Munchkin-Fu all the time. Those item cards are useful, since they give basic bonuses without all the clutter.
Old March 10th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!
Hmm, neat idea...has any body thought of addapting the d20 system?

Bravey

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old March 13th, 2008, 04:26 PM

owvanguard is surprisingly tart
Sim

I am actuall mulling around an idea where you start with one unique figure in a 'town' setting on a very small map. As 'rounds' pass you get points for a functioning town and loose points for a failing town. Each round different things can happen. Wandering monsters, good harvest,etc..

As your town grown your board grows and you add new figures to your town.

This can be played solo or with neighboring towns.

I will eventually write this up.

Thoughts?
Old March 15th, 2008, 04:47 PM

Squitter The Spider has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCheese
PS: If anyone has played Poxnora (poxnora.com) it could be somewhat like this.
I've played Poxnora, and it sounds like a good idea to play that way.
And If you play that way will you use the shrines? One shrine being yours
and the other shrine being the bad guys.

Old March 18th, 2008, 12:26 PM

Location: Walking down the straight and narrow path in Denver, CO
HighElfCollier has disabled reputation
Heroscape RPG

First of all, I REALLY like the idea of a Heroscape RPG, being able to use one figure and build up that figure sounds like it would add a great dimension to the game.

I have seen a lot of people talk about movement upgrades. I do not think this is a wise idea, why not just have each class have its own movement and stay with that movement the entire game?

Make EXP difficult to get. Maybe you level up every 10,000 EXP and you get 100 EXP for basic monsters, 250 EXP for large monsters. Base the EXP gained on the height of the enemies' figure.

The D&D system would probably work for attacking. There is no defending, you roll the d20 to see if you can attack successfully, and then you roll dice for skulls. Or, maybe you can count the Shield and Skulls for hits, that way you only have a 1:6 chance of failing. Figures start out with 1-3 dice, but the enemies are pretty weak, like 5 HP. as you get more experienced, you may have eight dice (but there should be a max- probably 12) and you have a very high chance of attacking successfully. you can deal out eight damage in one turn, but by this time you are facing enemies that have 30 HP easy. Balance is key, overpowering the figures ruins the game.

Attacking upgrades are built on a shop system. You earn gold for clearing a dungeon, and then you can buy different weapons and upgrades. Sometimes you may not be able to buy the next upgrade, but don't make it so that if you do not purchase anything for three or four rounds, you can save up enough to buy the highest ranking upgrade.

I don't think that figures should be used for a certain generic class, but the actual Heroscape heroes should be used, and their stats can be based on their class. This means that instead of using Syvarris' figure for an archer or a scout, use Syvarris himself. Remember, the point of RPGs is that YOU are the Hero.

Make the game last for a long time. Like a month. An RPG carries on from game to game, even if you stop playing for a while and then start back up. Thats the fun of RPGs.

I am favorable towards a Pen and Paper style play, just like D&D. It helps you keep track of your character.

That's my two cents, use it how you will.

Deus Prosapia Sapentia!

Psalm 16:8:
"I will set the Lord before me always, He will be at my right hand so I shall not be moved."
Old March 18th, 2008, 06:38 PM

weatherr Woo who?
You may want to look into TFT (Wizard & Melee) as an easy more accessible system for an RPG.

TFT has been out of print for years, but it has been somewhat resurrected by dark city games www.darkcitygames.com

It works well with HS, and the system is extremely simple. You have 3 requisites, Strength, dexterity & intelligence.

Strength = hit points & what you can carry or use
Dexterity = what you roll under to hit
Intelligence = what skills and talents you have

Sample fighter
ST: 12
DX 12
IQ 8

In a combat round you try to use your weapon (ex: broad sword)
You roll 12 on 3d6 (this is lower than or equal to the dex so it is a hit)

You roll 2d6 (7) damage

Your opponent is wearing chain mail, so it absorbs 3 hits, so actual damage is they take 4.

As you can see, it is similar to the skulls & shields in HS.

Grishnak has a tribute site that mixes HS figures & tiles with TFT at http://www.meleewizards.com/, and we have also discussed TFT in

http://heroscapers.com/community/sho...064&highlight=

Old March 18th, 2008, 08:22 PM

Squitter The Spider has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherr
You may want to look into TFT (Wizard & Melee) as an easy more accessible system for an RPG.

TFT has been out of print for years, but it has been somewhat resurrected by dark city games www.darkcitygames.com

It works well with HS, and the system is extremely simple. You have 3 requisites, Strength, dexterity & intelligence.

Strength = hit points & what you can carry or use
Dexterity = what you roll under to hit
Intelligence = what skills and talents you have

Sample fighter
ST: 12
DX 12
IQ 8

In a combat round you try to use your weapon (ex: broad sword)
You roll 12 on 3d6 (this is lower than or equal to the dex so it is a hit)

You roll 2d6 (7) damage

Your opponent is wearing chain mail, so it absorbs 3 hits, so actual damage is they take 4.

As you can see, it is similar to the skulls & shields in HS.

Grishnak has a tribute site that mixes HS figures & tiles with TFT at http://www.meleewizards.com/, and we have also discussed TFT in

http://heroscapers.com/community/sho...064&highlight=
How do you keep track of items and abilities? ( Just on a piece of paper? )

Old March 22nd, 2008, 07:51 PM

Location: Walking down the straight and narrow path in Denver, CO
HighElfCollier has disabled reputation
That would probably be the easiest way, unless you have a set table of variables that you can apply, such as, "I am level 4, my base stats are 12/12/8, and If I look at the stats for my dude, I get another 2/2/1 since I am level 4. I have a great sword, so that means one more strength." If you do not have a bunch of confusing things to keep up with, you may be able to get away with not using paper.

Deus Prosapia Sapentia!

Psalm 16:8:
"I will set the Lord before me always, He will be at my right hand so I shall not be moved."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions