Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 22nd, 2021, 03:44 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Demogorgon Stalker - Initial Playtest

I do usually tend to forget how niche anti-squad stuff is, so bending theme a fraction to make them more draftable sounds reasonable. So with the clear sight, is it tunneling or running down to the figure or what is happening like narratively? It looks like you could move away from a figure that's pretty far away and still end with them next to you after movement. It's also a little strange to have them be thrown by Magneto or something and have them drag a figure they don't already have ahold of.

Rethinking it now, a lotta 3 Life stuff is kids with powers like Sidekicks and Power Pack or standard adult humans like Lucius and Alfred, so I think a Dg could overpower them since they overpower regular full-grown adults. Plus Manhunters and Doombots are Androids so there's a lot less incentive to bring them to the Upside Down.
So that said I'd support 3 or less life.

I'm also thinking what if they could go after anyone who'd lost like half their Life or something. Not perfectly that, but how 'bout adding 'any non-Event small or medium figure with more than 3/4 wounds or less than 3/4 life.' or something like that. It could also better represent the drawn to blood thing more.

Overall, I think the most important thing is making sure they get some use out of the map, since that's like a unique thing they're bringing to the game, so anything that would help that I suppose I'd support. Actually that's another reason to broaden up the life restrictions, so the 1 life thing was definitely a bad idea.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 04:11 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ran the third game, actually kept it at 2 life in it. It was a win, but it was definitely a win on the shoulders of Pinhead. So the issue with the drag that I'm seeing is that in a lot of cases, the Demogorgon dragging something to lower ground is often going to be a better play than dragging them to the map, unless you somehow have Demogorgons there waiting to pounce (which just generally doesn't feel smart for how hard it is for them to jump maps).

Only thing I can maybe suggest is having the map jump just come at the cost of some movement rather than having to start engaged. That's hard enough to set up in a lot of cases (3 miiiight help it), but when there's potential bonus turns going on more often than not dropping the foe on low ground feels like the smarter option.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 04:20 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

My suggestion is to power up the drag a decent bit and I can add an exit space to the Upside Down that places a figure back in its start zone. I know they have those weird fleshy portals between the worlds.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 05:07 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How's this for the map?

Quote:
Toxic Environment
Whenever any player reveals a numbered Order Marker, that player must roll an unblockable attack die for each figure they control that occupies the Upside Down without the Environmental Suit or Magical Defense special power, one at a time. If any figure in the upside down ends its movement on an Exit Space, the player that controls that figure must place it on an empty space in their Start Zone.

Last edited by Splash; March 22nd, 2021 at 05:25 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 05:11 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd specify "on an empty space in their Start Zone" but looks good otherwise.

Here's an overall question: what if they can only teleport if they're teleporting to another dimension? Like do they actually teleport on the same plane? Do we see that? Seems like they just run around when they're on the same plane, but they move between dimensions.

It'd be a big change, but it'd also keep the Upside Down relevant if they could only teleport by going through the Upside Down first. It'd also make them more likely to want to drop figures there than simply to lower height, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 22nd, 2021, 05:21 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'd specify "on an empty space in their Start Zone" but looks good otherwise.

Here's an overall question: what if they can only teleport if they're teleporting to another dimension? Like do they actually teleport on the same plane? Do we see that? Seems like they just run around when they're on the same plane, but they move between dimensions.

It'd be a big change, but it'd also keep the Upside Down relevant if they could only teleport by going through the Upside Down first. It'd also make them more likely to want to drop figures there than simply to lower height, IMO.
As of now, the dragging isn't the same as the teleporting. And really I only teleported to the map and back to the other, no teleports within the map, so not actually a change that would affect testing thus far.

The "dragging" currently works on any move, so it can walk up, "grab", and then throw the target down lower as is. And that's a little easier to do if you let them choose stuff that isn't adjacent because right now they have to be adjacent to drag to the other map.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 05:25 PM

Thanks again for the test and insight LordVenoc, much appreciated.

Oooh, I know this would be a bigger change, but I think I figured something out.
So what if we just use Super Strength instead of some arbitrary life total to determine whether they can roughhouse with somebody and drag 'em around. And then wounds can be how fast and far they're willing to go to get somebody instead of just clear sight. This would pump them up a lot, but would definitely be more reason to port someone to the Upside Down over just height advantage.

Quote:
DRAGGED INTO THE NETHER
Before taking a turn with this Demogorgon Stalker, you may choose an opponent’s small or medium figure without the Super Strength special power up to X spaces away of this Demogorgon Stalker, where X is the number of wounds on that figure's card, and place this Demogorgon Stalker adjacent to the chosen figure. Whenever this Demogorgon Stalker moves or is moved in any way, you may place the chosen figure adjacent to this Demogorgon Stalker and it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Probably needs a bit more tweaking, but I think that idea would really work!
Old March 22nd, 2021, 05:43 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It's a solid take.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 22nd, 2021, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post

I think this is a good idea if it can be worked in right. That is basically what they are doing.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 07:14 PM

The simplest ways I can think of is remove the OM restriction and say anywhere on a battlefield they aren't currently on OR specify "anywhere in the Upside Down" for the first power and possibly allow the Exit Space to take you anywhere for the map rules.
Old March 23rd, 2021, 06:37 AM

Yeah, that's a cool idea.

Old March 26th, 2021, 09:31 AM
Book Wyrm

Where are we landing here? I'm unclear what you're hoping to try for a change at this point.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library