Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old February 26th, 2018, 02:50 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

The Holographic Thrashers are interesting, but I would bet underpriced. Sure, their special attack is self-destructive, but that hardly matters when the rest of their card is as strong as it is. 6 Move + 3 Attack Whirlwind + 4 Defense? That's really good, even if they are melee. Add on top of that a desperation high-power long-range special attack and they're pretty brutal. 70pts would seem about right without Whirlwind.
Old February 26th, 2018, 02:51 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I don’t mean to sneak for everyone but I think that the idea was that all the AOTP units would be unique squads? Or am I incorrect.
Possibly, but that would have been something inside the Sanctum, not outside. If that's the internal thinking we need to lock that down.
Old February 26th, 2018, 02:59 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
The Holographic Thrashers are interesting, but I would bet underpriced. Sure, their special attack is self-destructive, but that hardly matters when the rest of their card is as strong as it is. 6 Move + 3 Attack Whirlwind + 4 Defense? That's really good, even if they are melee. Add on top of that a desperation high-power long-range special attack and they're pretty brutal. 70pts would seem about right without Whirlwind.
Yeah, with those in the game, there's just about no reason to take the Shaolin without the new monks C3V released - these guys are cheaper and better.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 26th, 2018, 03:40 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Stranger View Post

These guys use the Leyline Phantoms from AotP, which is selling fairly cheaply now. The ones on the card have a bit of drybrushing, but it's hardly necessary.
On a gameplay level, as Relentless Hunters, they have some synergy with Khosumet, Arktos, and the Knights of Blackgaard, but their melee range nerfs those first two pretty well. I also like the hard choice involved in their Special Attack.
You have some fun stuff there, but I think they are very under priced. Also I don't think we have a place in the game for a 8 ranged, 5 attack special attack(even if it means at the cost of ~23.5 points per attack destroyed on your side.) on a common squad.

I'd suggest you playtest these guys, leave information on your own personal customs thread(I see you have one) and we can comment there. I think you have a decent start to a figure, but it needs more work.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old February 26th, 2018, 05:39 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I don’t mean to sneak for everyone but I think that the idea was that all the AOTP units would be unique squads? Or am I incorrect.
Possibly, but that would have been something inside the Sanctum, not outside. If that's the internal thinking we need to lock that down.
I can bring it up in one of the threads if you like.
Old February 26th, 2018, 09:42 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

These guys use the Leyline Phantoms from AotP, which is selling fairly cheaply now. The ones on the card have a bit of drybrushing, but it's hardly necessary.
On a gameplay level, as Relentless Hunters, they have some synergy with Khosumet, Arktos, and the Knights of Blackgaard, but their melee range nerfs those first two pretty well. I also like the hard choice involved in their Special Attack.
I like the concept, though balancing is needed as others mentioned. I've always thought the AotP figures would be better as Uniques, personally, so people don't have to buy multiple boxes. I also think that this unit would be more interesting as a Unique Squad - it would balance the power level and make the choice of when to use Reconstituted Beam more strategic if you can only have three of these guys to start with. Though the beam should probably be nerfed - 6 Move, 8 Range and 5 Attack means these guys can suicide onto almost anyone on the board and take out more than their points if they find a good assassination target. (Another reason to make them Unique, in my book.)

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old February 26th, 2018, 10:31 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
I've always thought the AotP figures would be better as Uniques, personally, so people don't have to buy multiple boxes.
Just jumping in to actually suggest the opposite. Commons always require buying multiples if you want to take advantage of them and the price point of this box is ridiculously low for what you get in it. I'd personally lean towards any designs out of this box actually BE commons. Not all would have to be, but there is too much purchasing potential to force them all to be Uniques.
Old February 26th, 2018, 10:36 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

The price is very low for now, is my concern.
Old February 27th, 2018, 02:12 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

This is such a sweet design! Total flavor win on giving Whirlwind Assault to dudes with multiple arms.
Echoing what others have said, they may be too good for 70 points. As-is, they are strictly better than Shaolin Monks (in a vacuum), but I suppose that's not saying much, as the Shaolin Monks have never been considered very good.
My suggestion is a little different - make the squad Unique, then change their species to Elemental! So they'd be Relentless Elemental Constructs, and all of a sudden, you've got Kurrok synergy. Whether that would make them too strong for 70, I can't tell without testing, but it'd be cool to use their self-destructive Special Attack, and then have a chance to be resurrected by Kurrok. And of course, getting partial squad activations through his Master of the Elements bonding (say there's only 2 of them left - activate them, as well as a Fire Elemental) would be sweet too.
And I'd change their name to Wellspring Elementals. Haha.

Again, though, very cool squad. I'm curious how they tested/will test.
Old February 27th, 2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
My suggestion is a little different - make the squad Unique, then change their species to Elemental! So they'd be Relentless Elemental Constructs, and all of a sudden, you've got Kurrok synergy.
Actually, no you don't have synergy, in fact Kurrok has ensured that we will never have a squad of small or medium Elementals. The problem is that Kurrok allows you to take a turn with a small or medium Elemental. But there's no such thing as taking a "turn" with a single member of a squad; a "turn" in Heroscape is defined in terms of units as defined by Army Cards. Master of the Elements really should have said "small or medium Elemental Heroes," but alas.
Old February 27th, 2018, 02:37 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
My suggestion is a little different - make the squad Unique, then change their species to Elemental! So they'd be Relentless Elemental Constructs, and all of a sudden, you've got Kurrok synergy.
Actually, no you don't have synergy, in fact Kurrok has ensured that we will never have a squad of small or medium Elementals. The problem is that Kurrok allows you to take a turn with a small or medium Elemental. But there's no such thing as taking a "turn" with a single member of a squad; a "turn" in Heroscape is defined in terms of units as defined by Army Cards. Master of the Elements really should have said "small or medium Elemental Heroes," but alas.
Oh bummer. Was that turn definition broken by this big guy though?
Spoiler Alert!
Old February 27th, 2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Oh bummer. Was that turn definition broken by this big guy though?
Yeah, but that doesn't mean we should repeat our mistake.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards